Hollyoaks General Discussion (Part 18)

Comments

• Options
    mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What stairs? :o
    scamrasc wrote: »
    stairs??? they were outside? barely one step! and jacqui's standing over her holding a santa statue!:p

Oh I weren't really paying that closely to the floor tbh. I just assumed there was a step at the doorstep :L.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    My thoughts on the ep:

Jacqui looked sexy as hell in her jim-jams onesie, Mercy looked sexy and barmy like always, Myra was hilarious, Carmel seemed a bit chilly, the Gran can nick off, and Jacqui ruled the ep. Fantastic ending!
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Great Christmas episode but Myra was a bit too much in this one.

Kinda of felt bad for Mercedes for some odd reason. Her and Browning, talk about rushed.

Sinead is a bitch but that's a consistency with her.

The end with Jacqui and Cindy was good.

Loved the scenes with Carmel and John Paul.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope jaqui gets arrested if they want to keep the reality of it going.
    Could the baby be reece's and the person doesnt know he has died?

HO don't do reality. And if they get rid of Jacqui, for any length of time, with Brendan and Mitzeee going, they may as well say Game Over for HO.

It is not Rhys's baby. He may have a drunken sh*g with Sinead and had a secret fling with Cindy but three at a time is enough !!
  • Options
    jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I may have enjoyed it more if there wasn't only 4 people there I like or am ok with - Myra, Tony, Carmel and Jacqui! All the rest I don't like or can't stand.

Good nod to Nial though as Myra would think of that. JP not saying why he and Craig split was annoying, that's all I wanted to know and then I can ignore him!!!

Liked Carmel getting Mercy kicked out, good for her!

Jacqui seeing the pics on the phone was good, the kind of gentle look which then went hard. I don't like violence, but can see why she would have introduced santa to Cindys head!
  • Options
    Dare DevilDare Devil Posts: 118,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really enjoyed the McQueen scenes in todays episodes :D such a hectic, chaotic christmas with so many dramas :D
  • Options
    ReoReo Posts: 8,667
    Forum Member
    What a sad episode and by sad, I mean pathetic.

Trying too hard to be funny, Myra drunk was awful, reminds me of the scene where they had her on the floor covered in chocolate and surrounded by boxes of chocolate, I don't like Myra, but she can do so much better.

The sooner Nana McQueen goes the better.

I still hate Mercedes, but she didn't do anything in this episode to annoy me. However I can't stand Browning and I hate that he is free, to me this is the worst thing that a soap has done, I know others like him and others don't care, but for me, this has really put me off the show, as well as losing characters I like and changing others, it's all hard to watch. I hope they are leading up to Browning's death, hopefully by Brendan's hands, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did kill him off, it will be Mercedes that does it.

I can't believe that Sinead (who should really be spending Christmas with her mother instead of allowing her to spend it with people she has only known a few months) was angry and upset that Bart cheated on her!

I don't care about JP or the baby, but it is slightly interesting to find out what is going on.

Why are they making Theresa so nasty? I know she wasn't nice before, but they seem to be taking it up to a new level.

The only good thing in this episode was Carmel, especially lying to get rid of Mercedes! I just wish she would have brought up the lies in the court case that she sat quietly through even though she didn't agree with it. If she was going to be angry and say what she means instead of sitting silent, then she should have had it all out.

Sad to see photos of a happy Rhys and Jacqui, I am still angry that they ruined them, even worse that they had to involve Sinead. I don't feel sorry for Jacqui after what she did at the court case, but I am looking forward to more Jacqui and Cindy drama, but not her finding out that Tony knew.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [QUOTE=Dare Devil;63169582]Really enjoyed the McQueen scenes in todays episodes :D such a hectic, chaotic christmas with so many dramas :D[/QUOTE]

Not often that we disagree Dare but I have to on this one sadly

[QUOTE=Reo;63169679]What a sad episode and by sad, I mean pathetic.

Trying too hard to be funny, Myra drunk was awful, reminds me of the scene where they had her on the floor covered in chocolate and surrounded by boxes of chocolate, I don't like Myra, but she can do so much better.

The sooner Nana McQueen goes the better.

I still hate Mercedes, but she didn't do anything in this episode to annoy me. However I can't stand Browning and I hate that he is free, to me this is the worst thing that a soap has done, I know others like him and others don't care, but for me, this has really put me off the show, as well as losing characters I like and changing others, it's all hard to watch. I hope they are leading up to Browning's death, hopefully by Brendan's hands, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did kill him off, it will be Mercedes that does it.

I can't believe that Sinead (who should really be spending Christmas with her mother instead of allowing her to spend it with people she has only known a few months) was angry and upset that Bart cheated on her!

I don't care about JP or the baby, but it is slightly interesting to find out what is going on.

Why are they making Theresa so nasty? I know she wasn't nice before, but they seem to be taking it up to a new level.

The only good thing in this episode was Carmel, especially lying to get rid of Mercedes! I just wish she would have brought up the lies in the court case that she sat quietly through even though she didn't agree with it. If she was going to be angry and say what she means instead of sitting silent, then she should have had it all out.

Sad to see photos of a happy Rhys and Jacqui, I am still angry that they ruined them, even worse that they had to involve Sinead. I don't feel sorry for Jacqui after what she did at the court case, but I am looking forward to more Jacqui and Cindy drama, but not her finding out that Tony knew.[/QUOTE]

Great post Reo, I agree especially BIB
  • Options
    NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I really enjoyed it so... Blah! :P
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    tinkie wrote: »
    Not often that we disagree Dare but I have to on this one sadly

I just didn't take it seriously and enjoyed the lighthearted to serious drama and how chaotic the McQueens can be :D

Jacqui by far stole the episode those - as usual :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dare Devil wrote: »
    I just didn't take it seriously and enjoyed the lighthearted to serious drama and how chaotic the McQueens can be :D

Jacqui by far stole the episode those - as usual :)

We can agree on that :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    tinkie wrote: »
    We can agree on that :D

glad we agree on something :D
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed the episode, Jacqui just gets better as a character as it goes on and I love that Carmel is starting to show some fight in her at last, Mercy just a wet sack, her character hasn't learnt nothing and has just revert back to her old self which is boring.
  • Options
    Chrissy 2005Chrissy 2005 Posts: 9,645
    Forum Member
    Fantastic. I loved the Niall references. You can just tell Kirkwood knows the McQueen's better than anyone. Nana is a bit of a caricature at the moment but when they tone her down, she could be good. I think the scene between Myra and her showed that. I love Myra, but I agree they comedy was a bit forced tonight, that dress was OTT!

John-Paul isn't adding anything. Never "really" got the hype for him, he was great at first because he was so normal then they turned him into this big drama queen. The baby stuff was meh... I thought the whole Sinead/Rhys thing was going to come out. Glad we've got that to play out a little longer. I actually really like bitchy Theresa, I just want them to address the fact that she killed Calvin again soon. Carmel was good tonight as well, loved her being bitter and bitchy, she's quite like Nana really.

I was wondering where Phoebe was, then she just appeared. Mercedes and Browning as ridiculous as it is, makes awesome viewing. Would've been nice if it opened with Kathleen opening her presents rather than just Jacqui and Myra. Loved Tony and Cindy, and the reveal. Star of the episode was Jacqui/Clare Cooper.
  • Options
    supersnakesupersnake Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sorry if this has already been discussed (can’t be bothered to read back) but is Cindy dead?!?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    supersnake wrote: »
    sorry if this has already been discussed (can’t be bothered to read back) but is Cindy dead?!?!
    No. Tony asks her for a divorce.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Waveguide is up for January.
    Jen offers an olive branch to Tilly, but is it too little, too late?
    :(:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JoToBo wrote: »
    Waveguide is up for January.
    Jen offers an olive branch to Tilly, but is it too little, too late?
    :(:(

Personally, I'm more interested in the other half of the spoiler for that day. (Jen and Tilly don't bother me, but the poor pacing and writing of their plot does)
    Esther struggles to cope as the sixth formers step things up a gear.

and on the Friday
    Concern is mounting for Esther, but will anybody help her before she reaches breaking point?

looks like the bullying storyline is going to reach its conclusion soon then. Then hopefully Ruby can disappear back to Spain (is it too much to hope she takes Bart and Sinead with her? lol)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know about the rest of you, but from reading the Waveguide spoilers, it seems to me that
    although Dodger (and possibly the other Savages and the McQueens) find out that Will slept with Texas, it sounds like Will could be in more trouble for more than just that reason based on the events of that week. He's never able to stay out of trouble that lad, is he?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, I'm more interested in the other half of the spoiler for that day. (Jen and Tilly don't bother me, but the poor pacing and writing of their plot does)
    Esther struggles to cope as the sixth formers step things up a gear.

and on the Friday
    Concern is mounting for Esther, but will anybody help her before she reaches breaking point?

looks like the bullying storyline is going to reach its conclusion soon then. Then hopefully Ruby can disappear back to Spain (is it too much to hope she takes Bart and Sinead with her? lol)

This is actually my main focus atm. Brendan comes a close second and Jacqui a close third. I suspect that they have hopes for Bart and Sinead though. I am guessing we will be stuck with them for some time.
    npd6900 wrote: »
    I don't know about the rest of you, but from reading the Waveguide spoilers, it seems to me that
    although Dodger (and possibly the other Savages and the McQueens) find out that Will slept with Texas, it sounds like Will could be in more trouble for more than just that reason based on the events of that week. He's never able to stay out of trouble that lad, is he?

Why would the McQueens have any interest in this SL at all. There is no connection, apart from a little friendship of two parents and that is very tenious. This family bores me to death the youngest son more than any other character apart from his sister. :yawn::yawn:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is actually my main focus atm. Brendan comes a close second and Jacqui a close third. I suspect that they have hopes for Bart and Sinead though. I am guessing we will be stuck with them for some time.

Why would the McQueens have any interest in this SL at all. There is no connection, apart from a little friendship of two parents and that is very tenious. This family bores me to death the youngest son more than any other character apart from his sister. :yawn::yawn:

I'm going based on the Waveguide spoilers, seeing as it appears that the McQueens are present when Dodger learns about Will and Texas, that's why I mentioned them
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 476
    Forum Member
    god the ending was amazing it didnt need a showdown. the look on jacqui's face when she was looking at the phone the sounds distorting in the background the silent tears all showed her world come crashing down
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I also have no interest in the jelly SL, hence my :(:(. I really don't want to see this resurface at all. It is done and dusted. Tilly hated Jen and I don't know they are resurrecting it. :(:(
    npd6900 wrote: »
    I'm going based on the Waveguide spoilers, seeing as it appears that the McQueens are present when Dodger learns about Will and Texas, that's why I mentioned them

Waveguide is very obscure and I can't imagine what Myra's outburst would be regarding Texas and Will. She hardly knows them and would have no interest. It is very strange though and will probably be nothing of any interest. Such is waveguid. The only thing in its favour is that it precludes any other spoilers.

But I am intrigued about the familiar figure who is back on
    17th. It is not Holly as she is back later this week. Maybe it is Carls entrance :confused::confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I also have no interest in the jelly SL, hence my :(:(. I really don't want to see this resurface at all. It is done and dusted. Tilly hated Jen and I don't know they are resurrecting it. :(:(

Waveguide is very obscure and I can't imagine what Myra's outburst would be regarding Texas and Will. She hardly knows them and would have no interest. It is very strange though and will probably be nothing of any interest. Such is waveguid. The only thing in its favour is that it precludes any other spoilers.

But I am intrigued about the familiar figure who is back on
    17th. It is not Holly as she is back later this week. Maybe it is Carls entrance :confused::confused:

I very much doubt Myra's outburst would be about Texas and Will, I just think that the revelation about Texas and Will may come at the same time as whatever Myra is having an outburst about. This is just speculation of course, Waveguide is indeed a bit too vague at the best of times
  • Options
    whoyouarexowhoyouarexo Posts: 6,099
    Forum Member
    I'm hoping Bart comes through for Esther, could redeem him big time
This discussion has been closed.