Options

Christmas Watch 2014

fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
Forum Member
Welcome to August so welcome to the annual Christmas watch thread. For people who are not in the know this is the thread to report early sightings of Christmas products in stores. This will be to provide evidence to see if Christmas really is getting earlier and earlier or if you lot are just going mad.

Well today I sold someone Nescafe Christmas Latte (or something similar) in ASDA but it appears we have been selling this year round. :o

See something then report it to the Christmas Watch.

Previous Editions:
2010 - http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1321250
2011 - http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1513917
2012 - http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1710766
2013 - http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1857554

Comments

• Options
    SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This thread should be locked for 3 months.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sexbomb wrote: »
    This thread should be locked for 3 months.

You are missing the point of the thread, I don't want things to be in the shops but this thread is here to uncover and expose them. The face nowadays is that people start Christmas shopping in June and buying Christmas themed stuff in August.

I am against early Christmas so you are on the wrong side.
  • Options
    housegirlhousegirl Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    My D in Law is talking about it already I just love love Christmas

http://www.tesco.com/christmas/
  • Options
    TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    bah humbug
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bah humbug

I will get you a bag of these for Christmas :D:D:D
  • Options
    TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    housegirl wrote: »
    I will get you a bag of these for Christmas :D:D:D

thank you ;-) :p
  • Options
    Angela FAngela F Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went in my local branch of Card Factory earlier this week and noticed they had calendars for 2015 on sale.
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still have my Morrisons pud from last year if that helps...

Will it be ok this year?
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,277
    Forum Member
    QVC were doing "Christmas in July" last week. :eek:
  • Options
    Scott ChegScott Cheg Posts: 393
    Forum Member
    I work for one of the 'discounters' and I know we are setting up our Christmas sections in the first week of September.

If folk didn't buy it, we wouldn't sell it.
  • Options
    brain_higgybrain_higgy Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i went around all the major retailers and supermarkets andf asked them when they stock xmas stuff and theyh say some time this month as suppilers and whole salers are stsarting to come in so in the next few weeks xmas stuff should start to appear

also they say in the same time halloween and firework should be coming in as well as sale of children in need stuff in the next few weeks

my local news agents still has xmas stuff and my local shops have xmas stuff up already
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As someone else says if there wasn't demand it wouldn't happen!

Some people have no choice but to spread the cost (I know they could use a savings account / put some money aside each month etc) but not everyone can afford to do their shopping in December.

I love Christmas but personally don't start shopping until after my son's Birthday in Mid November. If I see good deals on things like tins of sweets then I may get them early if they are in date.

This year I will be 8 months pregnant [and I am working all over the festive period - due to go on maternity leave in early January] so I need to be organised as a) I wont have much time and b) once I am down to maternity pay I won't have much money so I need to spread my costs :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,279
    Forum Member
    As most of the femaloid of the specie has Chrimbole shoppage all completey and wrappit by Easter, this advile is directy at the men. Oh yes.

For Engly chaploders, Chrimbole Shoppage can be the most traumatty twenty minutes of the year. Folly indeed! Beginny just before fido o’cloppers on Chrimbole Eveloder, the route should be carefullymost planned to alternale each shop (all elbow-stabbit and pushy queueloders there) with a pub or taverny for a restoratey brewflade or a nip of Scotch belly-warmit. Joy!

So all dustit off the Chrimbole treel, and with only twentale weeks to go, it’s tile to put the Brussely sproutloders on the stove.
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone posted a picture on Facebook earlier showing a card outlet in Ashton's market hall setting out their Christmas cards for this year. It just doesn't seem right seeing them in the middle of Summer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Someone posted a picture on Facebook earlier showing a card outlet in Ashton's market hall setting out their Christmas cards for this year. It just doesn't seem right seeing them in the middle of Summer.

You should go to Australia in December you get to see father Christmas in his speedos
  • Options
    OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No but I do have my Christmas gift wish list already... I want a Gibson J45 vintage sunburst guitar :D

However my work dept is already organising the Christmas dinner booking
  • Options
    BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a shop near the prom here that dedicates half their store to xmas stuff year-round. I think it's called Hart's. The first time I went in there was in May a couple of years ago, it was quite a wth moment for me.
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fhs man 2 wrote: »
    Welcome to August so welcome to the annual Christmas watch thread. For people who are not in the know this is the thread to report early sightings of Christmas products in stores. This will be to provide evidence to see if Christmas really is getting earlier and earlier or if you lot are just going mad.

Well today I sold someone Nescafe Christmas Latte (or something similar) in ASDA but it appears we have been selling this year round. :o

See something then report it to the Christmas Watch.

Previous Editions:
    2010 - http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1321250
    2011 - http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1513917
    2012 - http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1710766
    2013 - http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1857554

thanks for posting those previous editions, it is riveting to read them
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well thank you. I WAS enjoying a Sunday in August.:cry:
  • Options
    deeemgeedeeemgee Posts: 623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The "Christmas Creep" will definately start in next 3 weeks within most supermarket chains. Happens every year and take my local Sainsbury as an example; the Seasonal Aisle is a fairly new phenomenon and currently stocks Back to School. This will very soon change to Halloween, then Xmas will be all over the store by early November.

Before all that, a small corner of an aisle will very soon house Xmas cakes and Mince pies. That same section will get stealthily larger and larger, day by day.

I am guessing Xmas cards will be in the shops too within next 3 weeks.
  • Options
    hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thanks for posting those previous editions, it is riveting to read them

i've been reading them all day. the best one is the 2010 thread
  • Options
    Apple22over7Apple22over7 Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mince pies on sale in Asda today - they expire at the end of October ffs!

My mum works in a card shop, and they started putting the Christmas cards out just after Fathers day - just leftover stock rather than new orders, but head office demands..

They get their "new" stock in the beginning of August.

My father runs a watch shop in the town centre, and he has always always waited until after Remembrance Sunday to set out his Christmas display. He's usually the last one in the town to do so, but a lot of people seem to respect it. Sadly, his area managers don't and constantly try to bully him in setting up Christmas in October, but so far he's managed to stand his ground on the issue.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was in a shop on Friday and heard a Mum screaming at her son that if he did not behave then Santa would not come and he would get no presents >:(

For gawd sake woman please don't start such a pathetic threat to a small child on 1st August.

She also went on to scream he would have the Playstation and X Box removed as soon as they got home and he would never be allowded to play on them again. :confused:

She was just that sort of empty threat Mother who can't actually do anything but scream and shout threats.
  • Options
    scruffpotscruffpot Posts: 4,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1 month to go and mince pies F***YES :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I still have my Morrisons pud from last year if that helps...

Will it be ok this year?

I think it might since they do have long lifespans but you should check the month on the pudding for confirmation.