Options

Premier League relegation.

Comments

• Options
    TrustFundBabyTrustFundBaby Posts: 593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think its unlikely but i would quite like to see Newcastle go down. Karma for the way they treated Pardew, and for having the worst owner in the premier league.
  • Options
    celesticelesti Posts: 26,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    August 9th

'Leicester have no hope now, it's too late to save this wretched season'
  • Options
    Mark FMark F Posts: 54,500
    Forum Member
    Ironically the last time Hull and Newcastle battled to survive on the final day in 2009 was when Man U travelled to the KC and the Magpies played a team in Claret and Blue.

I doubt the outcome will be the same though.
  • Options
    Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think its unlikely but i would quite like to see Newcastle go down. Karma for the way they treated Pardew, and for having the worst owner in the premier league.

Newcastle didn't treat Pardew in anyway. Pardew is no angel. He has frozen out good players at Newcastle
  • Options
    lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Lol I find that a truly stunning post indeed! Pardew wasnt "mistreated" in fact he was pretty much the voice of the regime. Ashley's yes man! And when it was starting to unravel he walked! Oh yes, Newcastle didn't sack him, he resigned to take his post at Palace!

And as to having the worst owner in the league... No arguments from me there but relegation will not help the situation!

Newcastle fans don't expect trophies! Just a club with *ambition* to do win things!
  • Options
    hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    newcastle could struggle even in the champ with the players that they have now. i hope they keep the legend that is john carver. they only lost to qpr cuz of the boiling hot weather in london. guy deserves a chance.
  • Options
    k0213818k0213818 Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member
    Mark F wrote: »
    Ironically the last time Hull and Newcastle battled to survive on the final day in 2009 was when Man U travelled to the KC and the Magpies played a team in Claret and Blue.

I doubt the outcome will be the same though.

Same day as the Monaco Grand Prix as well, and a Geordie in charge of Hull...
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Newcastle are 7-1 to be relegated and Sunderland are 10-1.

I think Hull will go but that's got to be worth a couple of quid of anyone's money.
  • Options
    SamGamgeeSamGamgee Posts: 1,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lordOfTime wrote: »
    I just think that's a little disingenuous, especially when you consier where Leicester were before the run. It doesn't matter who they beat, they still had to go out and do it.

Not at all I said they did amazingly well.

The point was, I was comparing their run to ours last season. Nothing short of miraculous.
  • Options
    SnrDevSnrDev Posts: 6,094
    Forum Member
    Just flicking through the BBC website and came across this http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31158853 from February; ace pundit Robbie Savage using his special insight to tell us who will survive and who's doomed. It makes interesting reading, altho you'd have to be Mystic Meg to have predicted Leicester's run. :)
  • Options
    leicslad46leicslad46 Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What happens is in the hands of the gods. It looks as though hull will be going down. But anything can happen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big old night tonight. Ha'way The Lads!!
  • Options
    Tusk0312Tusk0312 Posts: 4,918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    half-time: Arsenal 0-0 Sunderland

that will be enough for Sunderland. just the point needed for survival.
  • Options
    SattregaSattrega Posts: 85,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure how this is still goalless!
  • Options
    Tusk0312Tusk0312 Posts: 4,918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    result:
    Arsenal 0-0 Sunderland

SUNDERLAND ARE SAFE

as it stands:

15) Sunderland...p37;...38 pts;...-20
    16) Aston Villa....p37;...38 pts;...-25
    17) Newcastle.....p37;..36 pts;...-25
    18) Hull.................p37;...34 pts;...-18
    19) Burnley..........p37;...30 pts;...-26 (R)
    20) QPR...............p37;....30 pts;...-27 (R)

Final day fixtures:
    Hull City v Manchester United
    Newcastle United v West Ham United
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tusk0312 wrote: »
    result:
    Arsenal 0-0 Sunderland

SUNDERLAND ARE SAFE

as it stands:

15) Sunderland...p37;...38 pts;...-20
    16) Aston Villa....p37;...38 pts;...-25
    17) Newcastle.....p37;..36 pts;...-25
    18) Hull.................p37;...34 pts;...-18
    19) Burnley..........p37;...30 pts;...-26 (R)
    20) QPR...............p37;....30 pts;...-27 (R)

Final day fixtures:
    Hull City v Manchester United
    Newcastle United v West Ham United

With Arsenal virtually safe in 3rd and United safe in 4th, Hull might, just might, have a sniff
  • Options
    blackcat1blackcat1 Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    Safe !! Really thought we'd have to sweat it out on the last day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great defensive display from Sunderland, for that alone they deserved the point.

Pantilimon was terrific, a man determined not to be beaten tonight.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't see Van Gaal picking anything less than a full strength side though. With those fixtures, you've got to look at Newcastle falling over the finish line and surviving.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    In typical Newcastle fashion we need either a Sunderland win (give Man U a reason to try on Sunday) or an Arsenal win (keep Sunderland in trouble) and we get neither.

It's written in the stars that we're done for.
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    That was nice advocat showing emotion he always came across as quite tough skinned manager in his younger days
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    k0213818 wrote: »
    In typical Newcastle fashion we need either a Sunderland win (give Man U a reason to try on Sunday) or an Arsenal win (keep Sunderland in trouble) and we get neither.

It's written in the stars that we're done for.

I still can't get over the fact that you're actually in this position. The capitulation in the last 10 games has been staggering.

For what it's worth I think Newcastle will stay up, but mainly because I don't see Man United losing on Sunday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sattrega wrote: »
    I still can't get over the fact that you're actually in this position. The capitulation in the last 10 games has been staggering.

For what it's worth I think Newcastle will stay up, but mainly because I don't see Man United losing on Sunday.

The worry from my point of view was that I started my new job on the 4th of March, the day that the losing streak started.

I know I am an insignificant grain of sand in the world, but it makes you think...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well thats another few years off my life. Quite extraordinary tension.

Please no more of that eh lads?

I LOVE DICK
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't see Van Gaal picking anything less than a full strength side though. With those fixtures, you've got to look at Newcastle falling over the finish line and surviving.

Logically yes, though if you look at some of the teams United have dropped points to away from home this season, Hull are very much in with a chance.