The Ratings Thread (Part 34)

1119120121122123125»

Comments

• Options
    iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dave01 wrote: »
    BGT seemed to do OK last night, although 9m (exc +1) is a slightly on the low side for a Sunday night live show. It was a good show last night though so I think if it weren't for Eastenders it could see a rise tonight. Perhaps we will see a higher peak tonight instead.

Really concerned about The Voice though, it is seeing huge drops at the moment and with the very early start next week it could well see another.

The results show next Sunday is on against Emmerdale so it could easily lose the slot.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GeorgeS wrote: »
    Like Will.I.There Be a 2nd series for starters.............

Yes. Its confirmed as it is part of the deal. So it will happen and will most likely be revamped to a January start with a Doctor Who episode sandwiched inbetween the performance show and the results show. That being my guess. Casualty might find itself moved over to Sunday or the Lottery show will have its slot time cut.

Saying all that however. How many episodes of this new Doctor Who series will there be as it starts in November to take on X Factor along with Strictly doesn't it?
  • Options
    grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So everything down last night, a reasonable start for PEL even if not much happened. TV results show might as well be shown live on Saturday night, but it doesn't really matter as long as it is outrating everything else on the channel.

EE will dip tonight against BGT, I can't see BGT gathering momentum though, there are no must see acts, not that there hardly ever are any (but often the tabloids make it seem there is)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What was BGT's share??

And if we see when the officials come out later today for last weekend, how much TV time shifted we can predict how much this week will, as the BBC don't have to sell to advertisers, consolidated figures and such like is more important to them...
  • Options
    SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    Whats going on? Yesterdays The Voice results show was SO much better than last weeks and there were better contestants. I cant believe its losing so many viewers?! :cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How does BGT's first live show compare to the same one last year?

Sunday shows in the last few years.

24/5/2009 - 12.93 (First semi final featuring Subo)
    23/5/2010 - 10.38 (audition show)
    29/5/2011 - 9.88 (Final audition show)

As for the first semi final last year, this was shown on a Monday.

Performances - 10.59
    Results - 9.92

One factor to take into account this year that the semi finals are not being aired throughout half term.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    really dissapointed with the BBC for getting greedy and cocking this up, the results show was better but people judge on the week before and in all honesty I just sit on my phone the whole time because its still a waste of time
    I found out the results accidentally beforehand too, so I assume many people did. Or were just willing to wait till afterwards.
    on the bright side the live show is still number one on iplayer, and the results show has quickly got itself the number 2 spot
  • Options
    C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the low side for BGT, that's a similar number to the other 4 (non monday) semi finals last year. It was a good show though and i think tonight will still be able to break 10m (inc +1).

Pretty poor for The Voice to be under 7m now which goes someway to making BGT look better! Rarely can i remember such a sharp swing in momentum for a show.
  • Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Summary for those just joining us:

Sunday 6th May 2012
    BBC One
    18:15 - Countryfile: 5.0m (25.8%)
    19:15 - The Voice UK: 6.53m (30.33%)
    19:50 - Planet Earth Live: 5.4m (22.1%)
    21:00 - Silent Witness: 2.8m (10.9%)

ITV1
    18:15 - All Star Family Fortunes: 3.5m (18.2%) inc +1
    19:15 - Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? Britain's Got Talent Special: 3.7m (17.0%) inc +1
    20:00 - Britain's Got Talent: 9.05m (35.48%)
    * +1: 475k (2.03%)
    * peak: 10.71m (40.63%) at 21:10 exc +1
    * peak: 11.4m inc +1

Channel 4
    21:00 - Homeland: 2.40m (9.85%)
    * +1: 458k (2.56%)

Channel 5
    18:00 - Once Upon a Time: 1.2m (6.6%)

Sources: BDS, Michael Rosser, Jenny Cummins
  • Options
    iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GeorgeS wrote: »
    Like Will.I.There Be a 2nd series for starters.............
    Yes. Its confirmed as it is part of the deal.

Well, they're not going to axe the show when the auditions and battle rounds did so brilliantly in the ratings. They just need to rethink the live shows.

I've already suggested** that they could run the live shows across one big week like BGT does.

Or alternatively they could try the revolutionary idea of finding better singers.:rolleyes: I don't watch The Voice so I may be wrong here, but I gather they have no stand-out talent amongst the finalists. No Paul Potts type or Susan Boyle or Leona Lewis.

If it's all about the voice they should be finding the next Adele, the next Amy Winehouse, the next Freddie Mercury, the next Frank Sinatra.

**I think I suggetsed it. I keep thinking of lots of comments but I can never remember which ones I actually get round to posting.
  • Options
    penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iaindb wrote: »
    Well, they're not going to axe the show when the auditions and battle rounds did so brilliantly in the ratings. They just need to rethink the live shows.

I've already suggested** that they could run the live shows across one big week like BGT does.

Or alternatively they could try the revolutionary idea of finding better singers.:rolleyes: I don't watch The Voice so I may be wrong here, but I gather they have no stand-out talent amongst the finalists. No Paul Potts type or Susan Boyle or Leona Lewis.

If it's all about the voice they should be finding the next Adele, the next Amy Winehouse, the next Freddie Mercury, the next Frank Sinatra.

**I think I suggetsed it. I keep thinking of lots of comments but I can never remember which ones I actually get round to posting.

I'd say they have a stand out in Ruth yet she'd be far better suited to America than the UK if that makes sense.
  • Options
    SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SamuelW wrote: »
    Whats going on? Yesterdays The Voice results show was SO much better than last weeks and there were better contestants. I cant believe its losing so many viewers?! :cry:

You kind of answered your own question :)

This weeks show WAS much better but I think it has suffered from last weeks show being so bad and putting people off
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iaindb wrote: »

I think they have several.

Ruth - although she might be too American for British audiences.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axvCQt4PetU

Bo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5Y8rYDv1jU

^^ Kate Bush actually sent her a congratulations for the performance which is pretty unheard of as Kate rarely speaks in public thesedays.

So might not be to everyone's taste but the talent is there. They just need to find their feet and build on this for next year. I mean if you look at the first series of X Factor you wouldn't think it was the same show as the one on air now. Infact from the first few series of X Factor no one stands out. So its a two way street.
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cannot see The Gadget Show doing well again tonight as there is a lot of other stuff on.
    And I watched the weekends episode and this is much more boring with out the other 3.
  • Options
    AdsAds Posts: 37,062
    Forum Member
    Away from the Voice sinking a little, the big ratings stories for me of the weekend are the success of moving the FA Cup final to 5.15pm, the Bridge looking very steady ratings wise (I assume official ratings should go above 1m, which is brilliant for BBC4), and Homeland getting a really decent rating. I remember before Homeland started lots of people were saying it was madness for Channel 4 to put it in that slot, buts its worked out really well - the slot feels right for a show of this nature.
  • Options
    HerefordgirlHerefordgirl Posts: 3,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soupnazi wrote: »
    Once Upon a Time 1.2m (6.6pc)

SOURCE: BARB/BDS
    fodg09 wrote: »
    It must have a pretty strong following happy to chase around after it on the C5 schedule. That's a pretty strong showing for such an early slot.

That's a relief! There was sod all on so I ended up watching Big on C4 which ran to 6.30 - I only realised OUAT had started about quarter past so I ended up watching on +1.
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So might not be to everyone's taste but the talent is there. They just need to find their feet and build on this for next year. I mean if you look at the first series of X Factor you wouldn't think it was the same show as the one on air now. Infact from the first few series of X Factor no one stands out. So its a two way street.

The issue is that they will now need to attract people back (either this series or next), and to do that they have to be seen to have changed in quite a big way, or will have to do something to make people curious so that they sample it again. That's a big task.

Yes, last night's Results show was far, far better than the first one (but still needs improvement). But it is quite understandable if people saw that first train wreck Results show and decided not to bother (even if that second Results show was so much improved). It's going to be quite a job to convince those people to give it another go.
  • Options
    allthingsukallthingsuk Posts: 6,035
    Forum Member
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    Summary for those just joining us:

Sunday 6th May 2012
    BBC One
    19:15 - The Voice UK: 6.53m (30.33%)

I'd say it's been a better weekend for ITV than BBC frankly. The FA Cup late kick-off hasn't helped TV at all, but that results show rating isn't good at all. I watched a bit last night and it was devoid of tension and atmosphere - I'm finding it hard to care for the contestants, and the live shows have been boring. The judges are good but are a bit too agreeable with each other at times. I thought BGT was excellent last night - really enjoyed it, and the rating is solid.
  • Options
    grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tonight we have EE & AR v BGT from 7:30-9:00 and CS & BGT Results v SW (repeat) from 9:00-10:00.This clash will likely damage everything except CS and BGT Results. SW repeat will be less than 3m, CS could easily be 9m+ and beat BGT main show. BGT results ought be 3rd highest show of the night. EE will be under 6m, it is a teen show tonight (Lauren, Lucy & Whitney which viewers seem to loathe.)
  • Options
    SupportSupport Posts: 70,853
    Administrator
      Admin Notice: This thread is continued here: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=58071008#post58071008
    This discussion has been closed.