Options

Accidentally running over animals.

2»

Comments

• Options
    lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes there really isnt anything you can do. Me and my horse were runover when I was 13 years old - it was horrendous but nothing the driver could have done - horse bolted out of a side road after we were chased by teenagers on BMX's - luckily traffic was very slow, horse rolled off the bonnet, I landed on the roof - we were both fine apart from a few gashes and bruises but the car was a write off, smashed windscreen and a very traumatised driver. Could have been a lot worse.
  • Options
    shantomshantom Posts: 2,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I managed to get lucky bugger out of the collection bin of my mower. Must have dodged the blades and got sucked in at the back.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/101102998@N05/13934320466/

Ah that's really cute, lucky thing :) I love frogs and toads.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I managed to get lucky bugger out of the collection bin of my mower. Must have dodged the blades and got sucked in at the back.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/101102998@N05/13934320466/

Probably totally unaware of his lucky escape.
  • Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hit a cat a few years ago, this will sound silly but it's like it wanted to die, I was driving down a narrow road, cars parked on either side so very squashed.
    As I was coming up to the cat I could see it to my left on the pavement just sitting there looking at my car, then out of nowhere as I was driving past it, it dived under my front wheel!
    I felt a sickening crush and it was like my car went over a mini-hill, I stopped and looked back and it was lying on the road, there was nothing I could do, I could see it wasn't breathing, I felt guilty for weeks and weeks. I'd never dream of hitting an animal.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If anyone runs over a pet you should really take it to the vets to see if it's micro chipped.

My dad found our cat placed on the grass near our house having been run over :( at least he wasn't left in the road

I'm really scared of hitting an animal, it must be awful
  • Options
    Sick n SexifiedSick n Sexified Posts: 1,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be distraught if I ran over an animal, especially a cat, because I was so devastated when our pet cat died a few years ago.

Well maybe not rats, I'd probably swerve into their direction to be honest!
  • Options
    c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just thinking about thet two pigeons I hit on Friday in the space of 200m. They must have been half asleep at 5:30am, even braked for them and still didn't move fast enough.

Pheasants are really as dumb, its like they wait till you are almost upon them before running out, must have hit at least a dozen so far. Rabbits are not much better, really do freeze in terror when your headlights light them up.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have hit a fe animals in 12 years of driving. A pheasant, a few rabbits and plenty if birds. Can't say I get upset but I do check they're dead before I continue my journey. Not sure what I'd do it they weren't though:blush:
  • Options
    getzlsgetzls Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you do run down a Cat or a Dog, and if you can move it Off the Road.
    Someone will likely run a scanner over it to see if it has been microchipped.