Options

The Aiden Grimshaw Appreciation Thread (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aliyah101 wrote: »
    Lol i know what you mean, i find it so hard listing them cause i love them all. I go through periods of being obsessed with one performance, so Ive measured my top 5 in the length of time ive been obsessed with a single performance lol.

I just went off what I've listened to the most! I've listened to Thriller like a million times lol. I just absolutely love it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, top 5 is hard, don't know if I could narrow it down, lol! WOuld def be topped with Thriller and Diamonds are Forever but picking the next three would be tough...I'll have a think and come back to this I think...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What have I missed? I've had no internet for the past week so need a full update please?!?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spunk_1 wrote: »
    I just went off what I've listened to the most! I've listened to Thriller like a million times lol. I just absolutely love it.

Hey all, love that we're back to discussing Aiden's performances & not fretting about twitter. I don't think I'm cut out for twitter. So my top 5 performances - very difficult to choose as I love all of them but here goes

1. Thriller (I've listened to it so much I have almost forgotten the original !!!)
    2. This Year's Love - Bootcamp, the tone & huskiness of his voice & his demeanour during the performance, the little jump when he sings "Won't ya kiss me" - pure heaven
    3. Diamonds are forever - CARNAL
    4. Mad World - just because its been universally revered as one of the most outstanding xf performances ever / Chasing Cars (this is just a beautiful version)
    5. Rocketman - I know I know, its heartbreaking but imo its a very slick performance & I love it, I love the way he sings the first line of the song & I love the way he sings "think its gonna be a long long time" (at 1.03) but doesn't actually say the word time & curls his lip & I love the note when he sings I'm a Rocketman (at 1.33)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpbUViejYg4

Also I have a special love for Jealous Guy & considered it as my No4 choice. Its a very emotionally charged performance.

I also love the way we all have differing opinions on our favourite songs!
  • Options
    aliyah101aliyah101 Posts: 13,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What have I missed? I've had no internet for the past week so need a full update please?!?

Umm well!! We've trended Aiden 16 days in a row, and it's been reported in the daily mail, Ok!, digital spy and unreality tv, but the article is usually headlined as "Matt backs Aiden" etc cause Matt tweeted some lovely messages about it too :)

Aaaand this resulted to a few anti-aiden related threads on the MF! Also we've realised it's best to not spam the record labels on twitter! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aliyah101 wrote: »
    Umm well!! We've trended Aiden 16 days in a row, and it's been reported in the daily mail, Ok!, digital spy and unreality tv, but the article is usually headlined as "Matt backs Aiden" etc cause Matt tweeted some lovely messages about it too :)

Aaaand this resulted to a few anti-aiden related threads on the MF! Also we've realised it's best to not spam the record labels on twitter! :)

I've been able to keep an eye on twitter thanks to my phone so have been helping with the trending a bit!

How come you've decided not to spam the record labels?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been able to keep an eye on twitter thanks to my phone so have been helping with the trending a bit!

How come you've decided not to spam the record labels?

Cause a lot of people were saying that it could result to a backlash with record labels getting annoyed etc, i think it's safe to say that they're aware of the Aiden-saga and have probably made up their minds about him - whether they're interested or not, i guess we'll find out after the tour! Some mentioned Matt Giraud and how it did him no favors at all too!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    faffy73 wrote: »
    Hey all, love that we're back to discussing Aiden's performances & not fretting about twitter. I don't think I'm cut out for twitter. So my top 5 performances - very difficult to choose as I love all of them but here goes

1. Thriller (I've listened to it so much I have almost forgotten the original !!!)
    2. This Year's Love - Bootcamp, the tone & huskiness of his voice & his demeanour during the performance, the little jump when he sings "Won't ya kiss me" - pure heaven
    3. Diamonds are forever - CARNAL
    4. Mad World - just because its been universally revered as one of the most outstanding xf performances ever / Chasing Cars (this is just a beautiful version)
    5. Rocketman - I know I know, its heartbreaking but imo its a very slick performance & I love it, I love the way he sings the first line of the song & I love the way he sings "think its gonna be a long long time" (at 1.03) but doesn't actually say the word time & curls his lip & I love the note when he sings I'm a Rocketman (at 1.33)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpbUViejYg4

Also I have a special love for Jealous Guy & considered it as my No4 choice. Its a very emotionally charged performance.

I also love the way we all have differing opinions on our favourite songs!

I agree it was a very slick performance, he reached the high notes perfectly. Just watching it back now and I actually like his version a lot more than when he performed it, it just takes time to get used to and i'm not a bundle of nerves anymore! :)
    I think a lot of us are going to have varying opinions on that performance, I personally think it was a great choice but it couldve been a smasher if the arrangement to the chorus stayed the same. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, so have decided rather than overthink my top five choices I'm going to go with the ones which come straight to mind as they're obviously the ones which have stuck with me...

1. Thriller - Still my favourite performance by anyone on X Factor by a mile. So, so haunting.

2. Diamonds are Forever - think faffy73 summed this up with 'carnal' (I totally forgot that's how we used to refer to this performance, I like that it's made a comeback!)

3. Chasing Cars - Just him sat there with his guitar, clearly lost in the song and sounding beautiful

4. Mr Brightside/Use Somebody - part of my love for this stems from what he says before. 'I don't profess to play the guitar that well', 'I'm sorry to The Killers' and his obvious nerves and then he comes out with that gorgeous rendition of the songs - he clearly has no idea just how brilliant he is and I love that.

5. Cannonball - It was a toss up between this and This Year's Love for me but the softness when he sings Cannonball just gets to me every time I hear it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good evening everyone hope you are all well today. I have a cold and keep sneezing all the time :(

My top 5 Aiden songs? Wow thats a tough one as I love them all but think it would have to be

1) Thriller
    2) This Years Love from bootcamp
    3) Cannonball from the talktalk gig
    4) Chasing Cars
    5) If I was a fuzzy wuzzy bear :o

Lol joke actually number 5 would probably be Diamonds Are Forever :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good evening everyone hope you are all well today. I have a cold and keep sneezing all the time :(

My top 5 Aiden songs? Wow thats a tough one as I love them all but think it would have to be

1) Thriller
    2) This Years Love from bootcamp
    3) Cannonball from the talktalk gig
    4) Chasing Cars
    5) If I was a fuzzy wuzzy bear :o

Lol joke actually number 5 would probably be Diamonds Are Forever :)

You joke but that was actually adorable. And if I thought I could have gotten away with his 'performances' of Sex Bomb and Barbie Girl they might well have made my Top Five ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    I've seen these 'I <3 Aiden Grimshaw' sweatshirts on ebay, is it wrong I'm actually considering getting one? Theres underwear too! :p

I want one too! I don't know if I have the guts to buy one for myself but I wish someone had got me one for Christmas as a joke :P There are pillowcases too I think!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My top 5 (at the moment, they change alot!) are:

1. Diamonds are Forever- I loved loved loved this performance, it was what made me fall in love with Aiden's style, I personally think it was his best on the live shows and he definitely deserved alot more praise for it. I watch it nearly everyday, just can't get enough! And as michelleb and faffy73 said, it was very carnal!

2. Cannonball (talktalk gig): I liked his judges houses performance and was really delighted to hear him sing it fully, it might not be *that* interesting to watch, but it sounds sososo beautiful.

3. Chasing Cars (at the school): Love him with the guitar, should have performed with it on the live shows, which leads me to:

4. Mr Brightside/Use somebody: I was one of the people who tweeted him to sing this so I was very happy to hear him cover it, his version had alot more emotion and the bit of use somebody was an added bonus, loved the transition between both. :)

5. NC2U- Just wow, I think if he had been on later, it would have been performance of the night./ The Cave (soton gig)- Great song for him to cover, it's on my ipod and I listen to it frequently on the bus, great! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want one too! I don't know if I have the guts to buy one for myself but I wish someone had got me one for Christmas as a joke :P There are pillowcases too I think!!

Ah, that strong blue puts me off a teeny bit but I'm definitely going to get one, if I ever go to the tour (Im looking for tickets) I will wear it and if not I will wear it at home or *fingers crossed* any tours he does. Theres phone socks too. A friend of mine posted a status on FB saying he saw a girl wearing a one direction one at our local shopping centre hehe.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ummm.....Ok, I'm just gonna name the ones that I can think of right now. They're always changing!

In no particular order!

Mad World (Loved it!)
    Chasing Cars, (I'm so jealous that happened just a couple of miles away from me and I didn't even know!) :cry:
    This Years Love/Cannonball (can't choose :D)
    Nothing Compares 2 U
    Thriller! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh Aiden has hit 2 million views on Mad World! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    michelleb wrote: »
    You joke but that was actually adorable. And if I thought I could have gotten away with his 'performances' of Sex Bomb and Barbie Girl they might well have made my Top Five ;)

It was very adorable, especially the cute little laugh he does half way through. God I love his laugh and his smile. He must get it from his mum because hers are infectious too :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ummm.....Ok, I'm just gonna name the ones that I can think of right now. They're always changing!

In no particular order!

Mad World (Loved it!)
    Chasing Cars, (I'm so jealous that happened just a couple of miles away from me and I didn't even know!) :cry:
    This Years Love/Cannonball (can't choose :D)
    Nothing Compares 2 U
    Thriller! :)

oh my god, i know what you mean about jealous about Chasing Cars - i live in Caversham and as lovely as it is in my 30 years nothing to exciting has happened - this happens in a school up the road from me and i didn't even know!!!! :mad::eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh yeah I noticed that! Just Cher has more views that week, no idea why I didn't think she was that good!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

wow thats impressive. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yeah I noticed that! Just Cher has more views that week, no idea why I didn't think she was that good!

Lol look at the like dislike ratio for both Aiden and Cher and you'll see. ;)
  • Options
    AliBaba2010AliBaba2010 Posts: 4,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello! How's everyone? X-mas was pretty hectic. One long drunkenness hangover cycle. Great to hear about the magazines/websites reporting on the trending. It's ok to tweet the record companies once a day, no?? Just to keep awareness up.

As regards my top performances of his.
    1. Diamonds Are Forever
    2. Thriller
    3. This Years Love
    4. Mad World
    5. Gold Digger

I liked all of the others too but I liked these the most cos they weren't obvious song choices for him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Probably more views cause there was so such hype about her after her audition !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    faffy73 wrote: »
    Probably more views cause there was so such hype about her after her audition !

This is probbly true. I really liked Cher after her first audition. I don't even like that kind of music but liked the fact she was different and had style and a bit of an attitude.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lucyg1980 wrote: »
    oh my god, i know what you mean about jealous about Chasing Cars - i live in Caversham and as lovely as it is in my 30 years nothing to exciting has happened - this happens in a school up the road from me and i didn't even know!!!! :mad::eek:

Ugghhh! It was so frustrating! I live in Emmer Green and I was so so annoyed that he was so close by and I had no idea! Nothing ever happens in Caversham!!! :mad:
This discussion has been closed.