Options

Golf 2015

Comments

• Options
    Forza FerrariForza Ferrari Posts: 7,433
    Forum Member
    If you watch cricket then won't golf be a bit to slow for you?

Really when you think about it now despite 18 games happening at once I think golf shots are less frequent than cricket whacks.
  • Options
    davethecuedavethecue Posts: 23,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Always difficult picking a winner with such a varied weather forecast

Hope Sergio performs well. Will be backing him ew (1st seven at some bookies) at around 40/1
  • Options
    Red NovemberRed November Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gomezz wrote: »
    Is there any daily highlights coverage on BBC this weekend? Apart from anything else will be engrossed following the cricket in real time so would just like a one hour round up at the end of the day / start of the next day then switch attention to follow live or as live the last nine holes of Sunday afternoon. Would watching the last hour or so of the live coverage suffice to include recaps of the days' action?
    Why not watch both at the same time - one on the TV and on one the PC? I did it the other Sunday and it worked pretty well - I didn't feel that I'd missed out on anything.

There's plenty of breaks in play - player interviews, musical montages etc in golf, lunch tea, drinks breaks, plus the ads in cricket, when you can concentrate more on just one of them.

Just have your preferred sport on the bigger screen with a louder volume.
  • Options
    Red NovemberRed November Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it seems like there might be a draw bias, favouring those off late on Thursday, as 40mph + winds plus heavy rain expected Friday afternoon.
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,633
    Forum Member
    Why not watch both at the same
    Because I am working so will be *listening* to TMS and catching up with watching the highlights after work.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Looks like I will be able to watch the last day live anyway now, what with the cricket likely to finish early.
  • Options
    JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Finally at the end of the second round. Dustin leads by 1
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    gomezz wrote: »
    Looks like I will be able to watch the last day live anyway now, what with the cricket likely to finish early.

Last day is Monday
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Exactly. England could be all out by close of play tomorrow or perhaps more likely by lunch on Monday.
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The BBC will be showing the Women' British Open from Thursday.

Those who play the game (or try to!) can learn a lot from watching the women play.

For them it's all about timing, letting the club swing and thus do the work, rather than try to belt the cover off it as we men, sometimes try to do. (anyway, "it's not how far, it's how many.")
    That's why with their timing and free swing "those little 5ft Chinese girls" can drive much further than can I!
  • Options
    dazcdazc Posts: 4,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Done To Willet On His Win Today Can See Him Winning A Major In The Next 2 Years
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rory's back for the USPGA then, so thats three players that will feature in the coverage then
  • Options
    owen10owen10 Posts: 128,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    When they do the draw for the Tee times is it random or do they deliberately put certain players together
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    owen10 wrote: »
    When they do the draw for the Tee times is it random or do they deliberately put certain players together

The previous three major winners always play together at the US PGA.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

It's meant to be random but it nearly isn't .there was a bigger players grouping of Shane Lowry, Kevin stadler and Brendon de Jonge a couple of years ago and Shane Lowry understandably was unhappy
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This could the closest major in history
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How many extra holes would need to be played to make that so?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fairly limited coverage of the field now rm is back
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jason Day in contention again
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has any player won the Masters the US Open and the USPGA in the same year
  • Options
    detroitcitydetroitcity Posts: 4,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has any player won the Masters the US Open and the USPGA in the same year

No,

Only 3 players have ever won the Masters and PGA in the same season.

I played in a lot of events with Steven Young 20+ years ago, hadn't heard of him in countless years until I seen him in the field here. Struggling to make the weekend though.

Iwata had a 63 today, ties lowest round in major championship history so although there are some tough holes it is possible to go very low.
  • Options
    clarky323clarky323 Posts: 10,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jason Day in contention again

now tied for the lead. I had a £5 bet on him at 14/1. Always seems to be a contender at majors these days so a good price I thought!
  • Options
    detroitcitydetroitcity Posts: 4,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clarky323 wrote: »
    now tied for the lead. I had a £5 bet on him at 14/1. Always seems to be a contender at majors these days so a good price I thought!

I considered backing him as I like him and a quality player.

A bit like DJ though, always a contender in the majors but never a winner. I would like to know his scoring average in round 4 of majors compared to the first 3 rounds.
  • Options
    davethecuedavethecue Posts: 23,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was some storm

Play abandoned with a fair chunk of the field still to complete

Justin Rose going well but has to come back early to play the 18th

Tiger makes Day 3...to finish his 2nd round. ! He wont make the cut again.
  • Options
    MalbrenMalbren Posts: 3,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice round from Phil today, good to see, I so love watching him play the game :D

Amazing how consistent Jason Day has been in the majors too, the guy above with a bet on him must be sitting pretty confidently at the minute.