Options

Hen party obliterated on M62 by Lorry

Comments

• Options
    finkfink Posts: 2,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously? You're offered by the word clitoris?!? :D

Your username Mr Jboobs is offensive to me!

Dboobs are good
    DDboobs are great

Jboobs - saggy man, just no. :D
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And yet again, 'family' is just a code word for 'parents'. What is wrong with you? These are grown women, adults. Yes, they are likely to have parents, but they are also likely to have partners who will be every bit as devastated as their parents, if not more so, especially if the poor woman who died was the bride-to-be. I am just endlessly amazed at the complete dismissive attitude towards every relationship but the parental one that is continuously shown on this forum. My sympathies lie with every loved one affected by this tragedy, not just her ****ing parents.

WTF?

Did you even read was mebiscuit said before posting your uncalled for rant?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    And yet again, 'family' is just a code word for 'parents'. What is wrong with you? These are grown women, adults. Yes, they are likely to have parents, but they are also likely to have partners who will be every bit as devastated as their parents, if not more so, especially if the poor woman who died was the bride-to-be. I am just endlessly amazed at the complete dismissive attitude towards every relationship but the parental one that is continuously shown on this forum. My sympathies lie with every loved one affected by this tragedy, not just her ****ing parents.

What the hell, was there any need for that rant?.
  • Options
    jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member

Wow, what a nasty rant.

I saw on Facebook today a couple of friends who live in this area say what a dangerous road it is. What a terrible tragedy, having been on quite a few hen weekends myself, all those injured and the poor girl killed will, in all likelyhood, probably be related and at least very close friends. My thoughts are with all the families. :(
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What a horrible and uncalled for rant:(

And the thread title is very inappropriate as well:(
  • Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just got home from being in the chaos that ensued, looked dreadful! :(
  • Options
    Mrs BBVMrs BBV Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pull2Open wrote: »
    Just got home from being in the chaos that ensued, looked dreadful! :(

I imagine for there to be six air ambulances on site and it being a lovely spring day the scene must have be utterly devastating. :cry:
  • Options
    manickangaroomanickangaroo Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    your username is offensive to me.

Funny though. :D
  • Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs BBV wrote: »
    I imagine for there to be six air ambulances on site and it being a lovely spring day the scene must have be utterly devastating. :cry:

I make a concerted effort not to rubberneck when there is an accident, but the traffic had pretty much come to a stand still so it was difficult not see what was going on albeit from a distance! My condolensces to the families, what a dreadful start to what should have been the happiest of occasions! :(
  • Options
    PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funny though. :D

tru dat
  • Options
    RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,072
    Forum Member

Wow!
    Just
    WOW!! :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've read through this post 5 times and just can't understand the point of it. Parents' partners, what's the difference. They all never knew that earlier today when they waved off their "relatives" (if that is an acceptable word) they would be devastated at the outcome of what should have been a happy event.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If that is your attitude I doubt they would want your sympathy.
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know about anyone else but I count any partners, children, siblings and parents as a persons family.
  • Options
    sofieellissofieellis Posts: 10,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What a ridiculously stupid, not to mention unnecessarily offensive post. A woman is dead and you refer to her parents (not that we know her family relationships) in this disgusting way.:confused::mad:
  • Options
    sofieellissofieellis Posts: 10,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a horrid tragedy. It should have been the start of celebrations - how awful for all involved in the crash and their families. :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone on Twitter has said that girl who died was only 18:(
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wind your neck in, love. Is there really any need for such vitriol?
  • Options
    gouldfathergouldfather Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Er, why are you wound up about this minor point? :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evo102 wrote: »
    Things are not always as they seem, do you remember this coach crash on the M5?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-21426451

It was the coach driver (the front vehicle) that got sent down.

Good lord. Pissed bus driver takes his bus onto a motorway even though it keeps breaking down and the weather is foggy. What a nut. :(
  • Options
    shantomshantom Posts: 2,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    f_196 wrote: »
    It's not a surprise.

I use it daily and the West Yorkshire M62 has been a deadly run for a number of years now.

The never ending roadworks don't help either, and its not surprising at all for it to be a lorry that appears to have caused it - the biggies always seem to be instigated by them.

Forver hanging on peoples bumper in the 50mph zone, pulling out without warning to overtake another lorry at a gaining speed of less than 1mph. More of them should be booked for poor driving.

I experienced exactly this just two weeks ago on this stretch of the M62 - I was in the inside lane, if he wanted to pass me there were two other lanes for him to opt for but he wasn't going to do that and be done for speeding with the average speed check cameras he just though he'd touch my arse for miles. These lorry drivers are a law unto themselves :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Omg.... Chill out! It wasn't as if they said it on purpose to disregard anyone else! Family's a general term.... Don't be so presumptuous. It can mean anyone close to the person.
  • Options
    bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its been announced that the Bride is not the the one who has been killed.

However she is in intensive care with serious spinal injuries. Sadly this sounds like the worst has happened to her. The wedding was in 2 weeks, unlikly to happen now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daily mail article http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2315233/M62-crash-Bride-Stefanie-Firth-injured-hen-party-horror-smash-lorry.html

(the bride) Stefanie is in critical condition suffering from spinal injuries while her fiance's mother is in intensive care.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    Its been announced that the Bride is not the the one who has been killed.

However she is in intensive care with serious spinal injuries. Sadly this sounds like the worst has happened to her. The wedding was in 2 weeks, unlikly to happen now.

I had a feeling the bride may be quite badly hurt, its sort of tradition for the bride and bridesmaids to sit at the back of the bus and from the photos it looks as though the back of the bus took the full force of the crash:(