Options

Cagney and Lacey

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ohhhhhhhhhh damn. i really wanted to see the finale.
  • Options
    Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would be nice if ITV screened the various TV movies that were made in the 1990s. Not seen those anywhere in a while and they would get an audience if screened after the last regular series episode.
  • Options
    ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    Recent picture of Tyne and Sharon:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v175/fireflies_uk/new-2-1.jpg

Taken a couple of weeks ago at the Museum of TV and radio for the DVD launch. I think they both look fantastic!

Slightly pissed off with ITV3 today for skipping one of the best episodes of C&L.... Heat. The one where Mary Beth is held hostage

That link doesn't lead to a picture of Tyne and Sharon. its a picture of Lorna luft and Lorraine Chase with two other people
  • Options
    ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    I caught an episode on Tuesday afternoon. It was quite dramatic with the pair involved in some CIA covereup wit hmachine guns a blazing. i think it must have been a later episode before the show finished its original run.

Earlier in the thread someone mentioned Meg Foster, but let us not forget it was Loretta Switt who originated the role in the pilot. I guess her MASH commitments meant she couldn't do the part in the series.

When I was a kid I only remember Sharon Gless so I was so shocked when I found out two actresses had previously played the part.

Does anyone else think that the writers tended to favour Christine over Mary Beth in later seasons? There seemed to be a lot of focus on her. I didn't really like it when Christine was promoted over Mary Beth
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    jandt64 wrote: »
    just out of interest, did they show all the episodes this time or stop half way through?

Yes they did. The pilot, the rarely seen Meg Foster series one and then the rest in order. No films though!:(
    Listentome wrote: »
    I caught an episode on Tuesday afternoon. It was quite dramatic with the pair involved in some CIA covereup wit hmachine guns a blazing. i think it must have been a later episode before the show finished its original run.

Earlier in the thread someone mentioned Meg Foster, but let us not forget it was Loretta Switt who originated the role in the pilot. I guess her MASH commitments meant she couldn't do the part in the series.

When I was a kid I only remember Sharon Gless so I was so shocked when I found out two actresses had previously played the part.

Does anyone else think that the writers tended to favour Christine over Mary Beth in later seasons? There seemed to be a lot of focus on her. I didn't really like it when Christine was promoted over Mary Beth

As far as season 7 went yes I'd agree. Christine did seem to get more prominent storylines. Apart from the episode where Harvey Jnr was missing and Mary Beth was the centre of that episode.

I liked the side stories. It was never just the main 'crime' (sometimes there was no crime) it is the stories away from the main theme. Christine dealing with her father etc. Mary Beth with her family. There was a lot in every episode.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,783
    Forum Member
    As you might guess from my username, this is my favourite show. EVER.

I had noticed your username around the forums. Best TV show ever! Sharon Gless and Tyne Daly were both superb. Have you read Barney Rosenzweigs new book? I have it (signed by both Sharon and Barney :p)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I take it back. Thanks for letting me know this. Shame about the slot, but nothing I can't get around.

That's when sky+ comes in handy! I wonder if they will show the Heat episode this time around
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jandt64 wrote: »
    just out of interest, did they show all the episodes this time or stop half way through?

As far as I know they showed them all. First time around they cut 'Heat'... not sure if they did this time
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Listentome wrote: »
    That link doesn't lead to a picture of Tyne and Sharon. its a picture of Lorna luft and Lorraine Chase with two other people

Sorry... that was an old post and I've obviously deleted the Sharon and Tyne one. BTW.. I'm on the picture with Lorna and Lorraine :p
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,720
    Forum Member
    I take it back. Thanks for letting me know this. Shame about the slot, but nothing I can't get around.

They're not showing every ep though :(
    http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/5686/cl1hr9.jpg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/8624/cl1nj2.jpg

What image are you trying to show there?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sorry. I had to change the image as something wasn't showing that I needed to be :o You replied before I had changed it :p (Not the different filename between your quote and my original :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sorry. I had to change the image as something wasn't showing that I needed to be :o You replied before I had changed it :p (Not the different filename between your quote and my original :)

Aha.. what is that image from??

BTW... I never liked the Meg Foster episodes anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's when sky+ comes in handy! I wonder if they will show the Heat episode this time around

I hope so. 'Heat' was a great episode. Not sure if they showed it last time. I definitely did not see it.
    http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/5686/cl1hr9.jpg

Bugger. I hope it's only the 1st season they a missing a few eps. Thanks Carl for the info ...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Aha.. what is that image from??
    It's only a screen-cap from a DigiGuide search.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    I hope so. 'Heat' was a great episode. Not sure if they showed it last time. I definitely did not see it.

You can watch "Heat" on youtube it's been posted on there, i sat and watched it a week or so back:D hope that helps
  • Options
    cathrincathrin Posts: 4,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was a huge fan too. It was so beautifully written and acted, and it could switch between funny and moving in a heartbeat.

I did feel it tailed off a bit towards the final series, when something changed and the mood of the show became a lot "broader", if that makes sense. But the acting was always fabulous. Tyne Daly is one of those actresses who can break your heart with just a look in her eyes. She does hurt-but-strong better than any actress I can think of. Incidentally, I remember being really reminded of her when I saw Toni Collette playing the mother in The Sixth Sense....very similar to Tyne in many ways. Anyone else see a likeness there?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wish ITV3 would change the time for C&L it's on too early lol, i get up and watch it till 8am then i have to go to my friends house to put her son out on the school bus and then bolt back to see the end of the episode on ITV3+1 at 9am. The things you do....... :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Billextra wrote: »

You can watch "Heat" on youtube it's been posted on there, i sat and watched it a week or so back:D hope that helps

Thanks for this Billextra. YouTube is playing up for me at the moment though.
    I wish ITV3 would change the time for C&L it's on too early lol, i get up and watch it till 8am then i have to go to my friends house to put her son out on the school bus and then bolt back to see the end of the episode on ITV3+1 at 9am. The things you do....... :D

I tried to watch it on ITV3+1 and it had a screen cap on saying they can't show the programme that was on earlier.:confused: Maybe it's changed now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I see ITV3 has changed the timing for C&L starting this Monday, a hour earlier to 6.30am. Wooohooo at least i'll not have to watch half on ITV3 and then the other half an hour later on ITV3+1 lol.

Hey Jimmy keep checking on ITV3+1 because sometimes it's the adverts or bits advertising other programmes that can't be shown on +1 for some reason but C&L usually comes on just after
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Have they skipped the 'Heat' episode again?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They are at the end of the first 22 episodes, i'm not sure which season Heat comes from
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They are at the end of the first 22 episodes, i'm not sure which season Heat comes from

Heat is the 2nd episode of season 4. (season 3 is a very short season)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ah right, i haven't seen all the episodes, i watched heat on youtube, i'm just recently into Cagney and Lacey, i was a teenager in love when Cagney and Lacey was on all these years ago :o and if i'd known then what i know now, i'd have been better off at home watchin Cagney and Lacey :D:D
  • Options
    3Sheets2TheWind3Sheets2TheWind Posts: 3,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RetroSpecs wrote: »
    'Put that thing away, you don't know where it's been'

Don't ask me why I remember that but that is what Lacey says.

I thought that Cagney is the one that says something to the flasher ?

Sorry to bump an old thread, but the BBC2 re-runs have made me wonder, yet again, what gets said.

Finally, I know :D:):p