Options

kylie is grating on me already

1235»

Comments

• Options
    MODTLMODTL Posts: 1,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been reading this thread with interest. Have to admit I am a huge Kylie fan, albeit converted (didn't really like her until 2004 except for a brief period in 2000 and now I can't get her out of my head, excuse the pun).

I can see why some people found her over excited behaviour annoying. It's not really out of character as I remember her and Alan Carr having fun on her appearances on his Chatty Man show in 2010 & 2012. I've always loved going to see her live because she engages with the audience in between songs and I find that endearing.

A couple of posts her I found to be quite insulting to her, although not many, one or two posters just are pure and utter Kylie haters so obviously they aren't going to be keen on her whatever she does. I'm the same with, Louis Walsh for example. I hate that little man with every bone of my body. So I can see why people like 'Gail force' aren't keen on her in the show because they despise her with an absolute passion.

I found her quite enjoyable on the first episode but she should tone down the excitement a wee little. I think most of it was because she fancied Leo rotten.

I think that people, who aren't Kylie haters, should give it a couple of extra shows to form an opinion. I think she'll be brilliant on the live shows in particular.
  • Options
    CARA2000CARA2000 Posts: 10,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gail force wrote: »
    Why do you assume that everyone that is not into Kylie is a hater? I dont hate Kylie at all. (I dont hate any celebrities) I just dont think she is talented and all sweetness and light as many on here think she is. The fact is Kylie has somehow become a national treasure for many,Beyond any critisism. You only have to read the Kylie fansite the DM to see countless stories about how wonderful and beautiful she is. Anyone commenting in non agreemnet is jumped on as being somehow jealious and bitter, usually followed by the she had cancer card. Still adressed the fact that she does not seem able to hold down a relationship at all. Not saying its purely her fault that men leave her for other woman,but it cant all be just the blokes fault.

Why is it anyone's business if someone doesn't stay in long-term relationships? Cannot believe this is the 21st century and there are people who are judging this as a negative.

Women (and some men) are in a position now where they can get out of violent or abusive life. Or they are financially dependent and can move on if something isn't working. They are not tied to being doormats any more. Kylie most certainly has a lot to offer (one would imagine). Can the men she meets say the same? I don't know, but it is freedom of choice not a given that it is good to stay.

I don't follow Kylie so cannot comment on her reasons for not continuing 'love' relationships. My own experience tells me we have no idea on what goes on behind closed doors.

Kylie seems to have always conducted herself admirably - nothing to worry about as she appears to know her own mind.

I thought her and Richard were great additions to the show. I really enjoyed the 1st of this series.

Laughed at the comment that Kylie should be more like Tom Jones! :D:p
  • Options
    Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    Kylie is an annoying chipmunk with a weak singing voice.

Loved her when I was about 10, though.
  • Options
    tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Kylie show is in full swing this evening.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She tries too hard.
  • Options
    Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    Slightly nauseating.
  • Options
    JocolahJocolah Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite like Kylie on The Voice, I didn't think I would, but have surprised myself. She seems to be a heck of a lot more popular than JessieJ was with the contestants.
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tobi wrote: »
    The Kylie show is in full swing this evening.
    I thought she was toned down a lot from the first episode. If people still object to her, I wonder if they are being hyper-sensitive now, and are looking for fault.
  • Options
    Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brangdon wrote: »
    I thought she was toned down a lot from the first episode. If people still object to her, I wonder if they are being hyper-sensitive now, and are looking for fault.

^^This.