pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    Is typing on Digital Spy a sport?
  • Options
    Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pothuthic wrote: »
    On loose women today Ruth said she would do it if given Aljaz to Tess.

Ruth GODDESS to sign up please <333
  • Options
    MuinimulaMuinimula Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just suggested on Twitter that I wouldn't mind seeing BBC sports reporter Ore Oduba on Strictly this year. And he favourited my tweet! I may as well take that as proof that he'd be up for it.

He was on Let's Dance for Comic Relief a couple of years ago doing Hey Ya, and appeared with Zoe Ball on the Eastenders live after-show.

Basically, he's on my guess list. (My guess list is usually very inaccurate).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else think Martin Adam would make a good signing??

Imagine a FIERCE cha cha to Hungry Like the Wolf <333
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muinimula wrote: »
    I just suggested on Twitter that I wouldn't mind seeing BBC sports reporter Ore Oduba on Strictly this year. And he favourited my tweet! I may as well take that as proof that he'd be up for it.

He was on Let's Dance for Comic Relief a couple of years ago doing Hey Ya, and appeared with Zoe Ball on the Eastenders live after-show.

Basically, he's on my guess list. (My guess list is usually very inaccurate).

I agree..I do like him!..Have a feeling he could be a contender, too (he also showed off some moves in a BBC Breakfast take on Pharrell Williams' "Happy").

Failing that, maybe one of his equally easy on the eye BBC Sports colleagues, Will Perry or John Watson, would do nicely.
  • Options
    londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like what I have seen of Ore Oduba so I would be happy to see him on the show.

I wonder when the producers start contacting the people that they want on the show.
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like what I have seen of Ore Oduba so I would be happy to see him on the show.

I wonder when the producers start contacting the people that they want on the show.

Right around this time ? At least I think so.
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't be surprised if Zoella was on the show.

The BBC seem to like her and she'd definitely connect to the younger spectrum of the audience.
  • Options
    Daily DreamsDaily Dreams Posts: 1,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The BBC seem to like her and she'd definitely connect to the younger spectrum of the audience.

I was thinking about Zoella. She'd be a pretty decent signing IMO :) a partner for Tristan or Trent? She'd look cute with one of them!
  • Options
    Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    Think it's about time that the show had a female chef/cooking expert on the dancefloor.

I've already championed Sophie Dahl in the past, but I just came across another lovely lady on my television screen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwrpHRnuKNk

(though I do kinda hate the blood lipstick she has on in some of her shows; and knowing Strictly they would even make it bigger; if possible)

That said, she doesn't seem like the type to sign up (mind you, so doesn't Sophie either and yet they both remind me of Jodie Kidd so who knows?)
  • Options
    Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,406
    Forum Member

Came across as workshy and not very competent on the Bake Off, and didn't she also not write her own book when she pretended she had.

Unfortunately Strictly is one of the few "reality" shows where the Celebs actually have to work VERY hard just to achieve a basic level of dance.

There seems to be a trend of putting talentless wannabees on digital TV channels, calling them an "Internet sensation", and not actually getting them to do very much.
    A cat playing a banjo can get 5 million hits on Youtube these days.

Posters on the Katie Price thread have said similar comments about her.

Some celebs may never be able to dance very well, but we all remember the ones who didn't put the effort in.
  • Options
    JohnCurryJohnCurry Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve9214 wrote: »
    There seems to be a trend of putting talentless wannabees on digital TV channels, calling them an "Internet sensation", and not actually getting them to do very much.
    A cat playing a banjo can get 5 million hits on Youtube these days.

It seems to me that a cat playing a banjo would be quite a noteworthy achievement and would likely involve a lot of hard work!
  • Options
    londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I wouldn't want Zoella,on the show. Youtubers aren't real celebrities, IMO.
  • Options
    JohnCurryJohnCurry Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to see Lucy Verasamy the ITV weather presenter on this year. When she leans forward and speaks so charmingly to camera I feel that she is speaking to me, and when she signs off I always give her a cheery wave. Besides, she seems to have a real ballet dancer's figure and posture, and I think she would do best in the ballroom dances, preferably with Brendan.

I have been reading about the time she had an unfortunate encounter with a couple of blue arrows on the weather map on Daybreak. She quickly made a joke of it and saved the day.
  • Options
    sunnymegsunnymeg Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For some off the wall reason, I think Sir Robert Winston might do it if he can find the time.
  • Options
    Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,406
    Forum Member
    sunnymeg wrote: »
    For some off the wall reason, I think Sir Robert Winston might do it if he can find the time.

He is a Labour Peer, as well as doing his obstetric work, which might prove tricky if there is a hung parliament and has to be another election later in the year.

NIck Hewer has left the Apprentice which always filmed when Strictly was on, so he might be available
  • Options
    Monsieur23Monsieur23 Posts: 6,916
    Forum Member
    She doesn't come across as the sort who'd do it, but Susie Dent from Countdown would be a great signing - she's been on Countdown for way longer than Rachel had at the times of her series, and as far as I can tell would dress up just as beautifully. It'd also be nice to see her not confined by a desk. :D

For the obligatory sportsperson, Jade Jones and/or Carl Hester would be good, and probably attainable. Jade would be interesting, as I've no idea how her taekwondo training would translate to dance, and Carl would be a nice classy gentleman contestant; as a member of the British Dressage team, he must at least have a sense of timing. :)
  • Options
    RichwoodRichwood Posts: 972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Monsieur23 wrote: »
    She doesn't come across as the sort who'd do it, but Susie Dent from Countdown would be a great signing - she's been on Countdown for way longer than Rachel had at the times of her series, and as far as I can tell would dress up just as beautifully. It'd also be nice to see her not confined by a desk. :D

Agree about Susie Dent. Likeable person and she took the trouble to speak to me when I was on Countdown. Having seen her do a small piece of drumming I suspect there might be some artistry lurking there, more so than Rachel Riley, even though Susie looks so self effacing. Could be like one of our teachers at school, who was a boring man who gave boring lessons but was a revelation when he went on stage.

Another one who people might enjoy would be Laura Tobin, the weather presenter, although she might be considered a bit of a ringer, having had some dance training, but then many women will have done that when they were young girls, won't they ? Otherwise the other obvious weather person would be Lucy Verasamy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing as Katie Price admited she was looking to get the phone call, I stand by my prediction that this year we will see Pricey on SCD. She was on CBB and that's usually an indicator of a celeb needing more exposure and cash.

If UKIP do bad in the election please get Nigel Farage on BBC <333 Viewing figures and that Rumba will be must see TV!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zoella going on Strictly. I am not a fan of hers as I don't class her as a celebrity. However, she is someone I can definitely see BBC hiring. Kind of like an experiment like they did with TOWIE / Radio presenter Mark Wright. She has a huge social media presence and will be the first of her type to appear on the show.

Can see it happening. She will not last long though. As others said, seemed work shy. I can see her being in multiple dance off's.

Think we can see Michelle Keagen on this year too. She will be a good signing.

We need some decent male contestants though. Maybe Tom Daley (Urgh >:() will sign up for this series. I am certain he will do it every year since he was spotted in the audience on Halloween night. Plus his ITV show got axed.
  • Options
    *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ellie1967 wrote: »
    Richwood wrote: »
    Bit of a WAG, has done some acting but not known in the UK. Please, not this far down the food chain.

OMG! OMG! OMG! How did I miss this? The producers want a a WAG for the next series! How original of them! I didn't see this one coming. They're really going to sock it to Cowell with this signing!

To be a bit serious - I doubt the producers care about criticism they get for signing contestants solely for their famous connections - if that person gives them publicity and they don't mind their famous connection being name dropped and featured in the VTs then they're going to sign them up. If they don't get Robbie Williams' wife to sign up then they'll probably find someone else with a famous connection. A few series ago it was rumoured they wanted Donna Air because she was going out with James Middleton - they couldn't get her to sign up so they got the footballers' WAG instead.

It makes me laugh when the media try and portray the BBC as a bunch of revolutionaries - they're as toadying to the rich, powerful and well connected as any of the tabloids and media organisations are. Nobody can tell me that Rod Stewart being scheduled to appear on Strictly wasn't a factor in Penny Lanacaster being saved over Gabby Logan or that few other contestants didn't get preferential treatment because of their famous connections.

Having said all that, they can and have done a lot worse than Robbie Williams' wife - she's had a bit of a career as an actress before she met him and at least she's not a vapid attention seeker like some others they've had on - if she does the show I'll try and be opened minded about her - I quite liked Judy Murray last year even though she couldn't dance for toffee - I thougt she came across as nice personality and a good sport.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Topaz* wrote: »
    OMG! OMG! OMG! How did I miss this? The producers want a a WAG for the next series! How original of them! I didn't see this one coming. They're really going to sock it to Cowell with this signing!

To be a bit serious - I doubt the producers care about criticism they get for signing contestants solely for their famous connections - if that person gives them publicity and they don't mind their famous connection being name dropped and featured in the VTs then they're going to sign them up. If they don't get Robbie Williams' wife to sign up then they'll probably find someone else with a famous connection. A few series ago it was rumoured they wanted Donna Air because she was going out with James Middleton - they couldn't get her to sign up so they got the footballers' WAG instead.

It makes me laugh when the media try and portray the BBC as a bunch of revolutionaries - they're as toadying to the rich, powerful and well connected as any of the tabloids and media organisations are. Nobody can tell me that Rod Stewart being scheduled to appear on Strictly wasn't a factor in Penny Lanacaster being saved over Gabby Logan or that few other contestants didn't get preferential treatment because of their famous connections.

Having said all that, they can and have done a lot worse than Robbie Williams' wife - she's had a bit of a career as an actress before she met him and at least she's not a vapid attention seeker like some others they've had on - if she does the show I'll try and be opened minded about her - I quite liked Judy Murray last year even though she couldn't dance for toffee - I thougt she came across as nice personality and a good sport.

That result still angers me lol :(

I do agree, but to be fair Abbey Clancey was a pretty famous glamour model on her own and I had heard of her. So it was not like she got signed up solely on Peter Crouch.

I doubt Robbie Williams wife will last long though. Probably 1st / 2nd elimination material.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_XcX wrote: »
    I doubt Robbie Williams wife will last lonhough. Probably 1st / 2nd elimination material.

Perhaps it'll depend on when Robbie Williams is scheduled to appear ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still think they'll be gunning for a male winner this year - I hope they don't make it too obvious.

If anyone watched 'Sewing Bee' - they made it so obvious this series they wanted a male winner after two female winners on the trot - although at least they did have one decent female challenger in the final but it was so obvious they wanted a male to win - it was like when strictly made it so obvious they wanted a female winner after Harry and Louis' wins they didn't even bother to put in any male contenders in series 11 so they ended up with an all female final.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Topaz* wrote: »
    Perhaps it'll depend on when Robbie Williams is scheduled to appear ;-)

lol exactly.

Len Goodman casting the "I have to make the right decision" tie breaker vote on each case.