Options

So who came second and third?

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    soulmate61soulmate61 Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    the showdance was tragic.
    Was it to "Romeo and Juliet", if so, very apt. ;)
  • Options
    daisyflower2012daisyflower2012 Posts: 6,020
    Forum Member
    Stuart25 wrote: »
    Is there any proof that the Daily Star article is correct? I have seen other articles stating Kimberley came second.

GA fans would be out in full force and Kimberley and her voting number was trending on Twitter above anyone else, and there has obviously been a general dislike for Denise throughout the whole series. So it wouldn't surprise me if that article was wrong. But it doesn't look like the BBC are ever going to confirm it.

Daily Star has been right in the past regarding voting leaks esp. with XFactor. But of course it can't be proven whether they're right here. But it looks as though they were right all along about Louis throughout the season. Kimberley was trending but someone else still won. Plus all the added causal voters watching the Final only, might not have factored in Denise's 'ringer' status and voted for her because they thought she danced better than Kimberley.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1774455&highlight=

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1774491&highlight=

I would be more inclined to believe 2 exit polls here after Stage 1 and Stage 2 voting on Final night. Vote ratio for the top 3 remained constant, as did the "not voting" percentage in both polls. Despite my own preference to reward Denise for her back-breaking risks and hilarious neck moves in the 10-10-10-10 Tutankhamun charleston, all objective evidence suggests Kimberley was voted a clear second. Sure Denise was second -- for 4 judges and many professional dancers.

36% Louis
    28% Kimberley
    15% Denise
    9% Dani
    12% not voting
    40% Louis
    32% Kimberley
    18% Denise
    10% not voting
  • Options
    Jim KowalskiJim Kowalski Posts: 4,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am afraid that it has gone to the FOI tribunal and the BBC has won. Search this forum for "freedom of information".

Essentially news, art and entertainment are exempt.

Fat lot of good it did them over the meeting which determined BBC policy on climate change coverage.They tried to keep the list of attendees secret and successfully fought off a FOI request,only for the list to be found via the 'wayback' machine on the internet.
    It seems nothing the BBC does is for the oversight of the people who actually fund them.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    daisyflower2012daisyflower2012 Posts: 6,020
    Forum Member
    soulmate61 wrote: »

I would be more inclined to believe 2 exit polls here after Stage 1 and Stage 2 voting on Final night. Vote ratio for the top 3 remained constant, as did the "not voting" percentage in both polls. Despite my own preference to reward Denise for her back-breaking risks and hilarious neck moves in the 10-10-10-10 Tutankhamun charleston, all objective evidence suggests Kimberley was voted a clear second. Sure Denise was second -- for 4 judges and many professional dancers.

36% Louis
    28% Kimberley
    15% Denise
    9% Dani
    12% not voting
    l
    40% Louis
    32% Kimberley
    18% Denise
    10% not voting

This season was the first Strictly I've ever watched. Have these DS polls always given the same result as the final result for all the other seasons? Does DS represent the SCD general public at large? Just curious...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This season was the first Strictly I've ever watched. Have these DS polls always given the same result as the final result for all the other seasons? Does DS represent the SCD general public at large? Just curious...

Exit polls were only conducted here in the last 2 seasons.
    Over 10 years I think most oldtimers would agree DS polls signposted all winners except Darren Gough who surprised everyone, going into the Final as outsider of 3.

In SCD9 DS weekly poll consistently, and 2 exit polls on the night, were heavily wrong when signposting Chelsee only to see Harry winning the nationwide vote. I wonder if DS forum seriously under-represented youthful McFly fans nationwide.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it can be possible that Denise was runner-up. Late bottom 2 bounce along with a strong night, along with Danis Downfall could have propeeled her votes.
  • Options
    Forum Member

36% Louis
    28% Kimberley
    15% Denise
    09% Dani
    12% not voting
    40% Louis
    32% Kimberley
    18% Denise
    10% not voting

After elimination of Dani her 9% vote share in Stage 1 came up for grabs in Stage 2 vote.

Louis's vote rose by 4%
    Kimberly rose by 4%
    Denise rose by 3%

suggesting Dani's 9% legacy went to women more than to man. The straws in the wind would suggest there is something to gender preference.
    No doubt this will bring down on me yet another vehement protest "I voted for the best dancer, not according to gender. "
    I am sure you did dear, but statistics are not about one person. They are about a large number of persons not all thinking alike.
  • Options
    yorkshirelass2yorkshirelass2 Posts: 2,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Jupiter* wrote: »
    I think it can be possible that Denise was runner-up. Late bottom 2 bounce along with a strong night, along with Danis Downfall could have propeeled her votes.

I'm quite sure Denise could have been second. She danced brilliantly on the night, with an awesome showdance, and better than Kimberley.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,126
    Forum Member
    I would`t be surprised if Denise came second...she was fab on the night and would have undoubtedly attracted votes from the casual viewer...as well as picking up votes from regular viewers who only vote in the final
  • Options
    Jim KowalskiJim Kowalski Posts: 4,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

36% Louis
    28% Kimberley
    15% Denise
    09% Dani
    12% not voting
    40% Louis
    32% Kimberley
    18% Denise
    10% not voting

After elimination of Dani her 9% vote share in Stage 1 came up for grabs in Stage 2 vote.

Louis's vote rose by 4%
    Kimberly rose by 4%
    Denise rose by 3%

suggesting Dani's 9% legacy went to women more than to man. The straws in the wind would suggest there is something to gender preference.
    No doubt this will bring down on me yet another vehement protest "I voted for the best dancer, not according to gender. "
    I am sure you did dear, but statistics are not about one person. They are about a large number of persons not all thinking alike.

No protest from me; I am sure I feel gender bias,though I suspect most people here would claim a more detached objectivity.I would need to see extensive psychological testing to give any credibilty to their claims.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,126
    Forum Member

I would be more inclined to believe 2 exit polls here after Stage 1 and Stage 2 voting on Final night.

36% Louis
    28% Kimberley
    15% Denise
    9% Dani
    12% not voting
    40% Louis
    32% Kimberley
    18% Denise
    10% not voting

261 votes poll 1...157 votes poll 2....Obviously we don`t know the number of phone votes which were cast...but it has to be in the region of several hundred thousand...possibly even a million+...So I`am more inclined to believe the story in the Star....as already mentioned they do have some history re X factor as well