Options

I'm really getting fed up of 'Saint' Pete!

Comments

• Options
    janetcomelatelyjanetcomelately Posts: 7,409
    Forum Member
    Liz G-S wrote: »
    I don't think he will be, but they are of course forced to be connected forever because of their children and, according to Alex, the not yet sorted custody arrangements.
    However, Alex wll take some of the pressure off Pete as he appears to be about to embark on a marriage of monetary convenience - as it seems Katie is set on selling their relationship to the highest bidder.

Well if I was Pete, I'd grab the opportunity with both hands and finally quit talking about KP and let my 'career' do the talking.

Otherwise he forever leaves himself open to accusations of the career not being capable of standing up on its own.
  • Options
    LittleChickenLittleChicken Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member
    Deleted.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Every interview he does at the moment will include questions about Katie - it's a foregone conclusion. Even if in years to come, he's happily married to someone else, and allowing that the media are still interested in him, Katie will always be 'the ghost at the feast'.
  • Options
    DollyDumplingDollyDumpling Posts: 2,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every interview he does at the moment will include questions about Katie - it's a foregone conclusion. Even if in years to come, he's happily married to someone else, and allowing that the media are still interested in him, Katie will always be 'the ghost at the feast'.

He doesn't need to answer them though.:yawn:

Anyway in years to come I'm pretty certain that obscurity will once more have beckoned and interview questions wont be a problem for Peter Andre.:)
  • Options
    darlingdarling Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member

Anyway in years to come I'm pretty certain that obscurity will once more have beckoned and interview questions wont be a problem for Peter Andre.:)

Weren't you predicting a reconciliation and Christmas song though, a few months ago? Your predictions seem extremely duff. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member

If he doesn't answer them that will make his public profile plummet, and as he has a good one at the moment he won't want to be seen as awkward and diva-ish.

If he does disappear into obscurity, he'll still be a rich man, and he doesn't seem to believe his fame will last for ever anyway.
  • Options
    sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, if any of you ladies look like Cheryl Cole, he is on the market, she is the type of woman he normally goes for, he says...soon there will be stories out of him with his new lady and Katie will no doubt be getting jealous as she still loves him, regardless of what she says about Alex. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    IdiotgirleIdiotgirle Posts: 2,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he doesn't answer them that will make his public profile plummet, and as he has a good one at the moment he won't want to be seen as awkward and diva-ish.

If he does disappear into obscurity, he'll still be a rich man, and he doesn't seem to believe his fame will last for ever anyway.
    No he has CAN to do that for him with their ridiculous demands from the 3am "girls".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOL. Pete cant even have a thread of his own without KP being mentioned.

Poor sod will forever be seen as her ex.

And Pete is always mentioned in any thread about KP...... Pete and now Alex are both mentioned, so go figure!
  • Options
    missfrizzymissfrizzy Posts: 7,536
    Forum Member
    Pete looked and sounded lovely singing from his new Album on this morning.
    Hope it does well for him, and his signings are as busy as last time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just love it, ya complain about the use of the word 'saint', alot of them died for their causes and people are using it to slur someones (Peter's) character.. charming:confused: If you want to call him names feel free, it's a debate after all. And the on threads you get (about Peter) "he's not as nice as he seems" or he "has a dark side", "just wait and see what he's really like"". Don't mind the claims just back it up with facts or evidence that are both sadly lacking!:) In the NOTW article he thanked his fans, has he said anything derogatory on Twitter about anyone??? Very happy if someone can prove anything else......?
  • Options
    sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    missfrizzy wrote: »
    Pete looked and sounded lovely singing from his new Album on this morning.
    Hope it does well for him, and his signings are as busy as last time.

Yes, he was lovely wasnt he. Looks aside, he just seems a very nice person.
  • Options
    WAKEYLASSWAKEYLASS Posts: 6,085
    Forum Member

Well at least I think he will have the common sense to bow out gracefully when his shelf life expires and go back to possible obscurity a wealthy contented man with his loving family around him. Unlike someone, who has seen their popularity plummet, is highly disliked by the public, gets the biggest boos on BB final night, even though she is not even an evicted housemate and still does not get the message that she is a laughing stock and hangs around like a seriously bad smell!! When will she get the message, surely dignity is worth more than any money. Hang on a minute, we are talking about Jordan here, so I guess not! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Scarlet O'HaraScarlet O'Hara Posts: 6,933
    Forum Member
    Qualifier: I'm not pro or anti either Katie Price or Peter Andre.

I understand why KP is mentioned in every Peter Andre thread. He's completely reliant on his connection to her. His music is shit. And it's only the post-heartbreak press moolah that's elevated his album beyond the Texaco bargain bin.

I mean, we can all agree that Peter Andre wouldn't have a career without Katie Price. Equally, she wouldn't have scaled the 'heights' she has since I'm A Celebrity without him.

But, unlike Cheryl Cole, who shot into the stratosphere when Ashley cheated on her, Peter Andre's music career won't pass a 2nd album. Katie and the break-up was the oxygen it needed. He won't fade into oblivion though; he'll trade on that guileless, lovable naif image for as long as the public thinks he's an underdog.

Jordan is around for the long haul with or without Andre. There's a lot of mileage in being the most hated woman in Britain. Look what it did for Posh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WAKEYLASS wrote: »
    Well at least I think he will have the common sense to bow out gracefully when his shelf life expires and go back to possible obscurity a wealthy contented man with his loving family around him. Unlike someone, who has seen their popularity plummet, is highly disliked by the public, gets the biggest boos on BB final night, even though she is not even an evicted housemate and still does not get the message that she is a laughing stock and hangs around like a seriously bad smell!! When will she get the message, surely dignity is worth more than any money. Hang on a minute, we are talking about Jordan here, so I guess not! :rolleyes:

.........and the thread is about Pete too.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scone wrote: »
    Well, if any of you ladies look like Cheryl Cole, he is on the market, she is the type of woman he normally goes for, he says...soon there will be stories out of him with his new lady and Katie will no doubt be getting jealous as she still loves him, regardless of what she says about Alex. :rolleyes:

Pass his number to Toni Terry
  • Options
    muppeteermuppeteer Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His publicity campaign is intricately calculated, another interview in Fabulous mag this Sunday about how he's coping.

I think he comes across as a nice guy on TV and a fairly likeable character when he's not selling himself to the highest bidder but he's almost as much of a publicity **** as his former wife, and for that he doesn't have my respect.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    muppeteer wrote: »
    His publicity campaign is intricately calculated, another interview in Fabulous mag this Sunday about how he's coping.

I think he comes across as a nice guy on TV and a fairly likeable character when he's not selling himself to the highest bidder but he's almost as much of a publicity **** as his former wife, and for that he doesn't have my respect.

I agree completely. The pair of them shamelessly sold out every part of their private lives for years. It wasn't just her. She's traded on being tacky since the get-go. At least she's honest in her shamelessness.

I love it when people suggest he's somehow maintained his dignity since the split. 'Dignity' is sitting on your hands and keeping your trap shut. Dignity is not passive aggressively telling the world "she knows why we split, but I won't tell, because I love my kids too much" so that we all speculate 'it's drugs or it's adultery'.

Dignity is not writing an album about your deteriorating relationship before it's ended, then cynically releasing that album right after it's ended.

And dignity is definitely not wringing yet another tedious interview out of your ex-wife on the weekend that the hapless chump who took your place was due to enjoy his one brief moment in the sun before his inevitable fall from grace and back into the land of 'laughing stock'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree completely. The pair of them shamelessly sold out every part of their private lives for years. It wasn't just her. She's traded on being tacky since the get-go. At least she's honest in her shamelessness.

I love it when people suggest he's somehow maintained his dignity since the split. 'Dignity' is sitting on your hands and keeping your trap shut. Dignity is not passive aggressively telling the world "she knows why we split, but I won't tell, because I love my kids too much" so that we all speculate 'it's drugs or it's adultery'.

Dignity is not writing an album about your deteriorating relationship before it's ended, then cynically releasing that album right after it's ended.

And dignity is definitely not wringing yet another tedious interview out of your ex-wife on the weekend that the hapless chump who took your place was due to enjoy his one brief moment in the sun before his inevitable fall from grace and back into the land of 'laughing stock'.

Thanks for posting.

Fan..sweary word..tasic piece of writing.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Amber43 wrote: »
    And the on threads you get (about Peter) "he's not as nice as he seems" or he "has a dark side", "just wait and see what he's really like"". Don't mind the claims just back it up with facts or evidence that are both sadly lacking!:) In the NOTW article he thanked his fans, has he said anything derogatory on Twitter about anyone??? Very happy if someone can prove anything else......?

As I've suggested in my previous post, Peter Andre doesn't need to say anything particularly derogatory about Katie Price. He just needs to place these carefully orchestrated 'benign' interviews at the right time, in which he makes enigmatic comments about her or their relationship that are quite devastating in effect.

The PR behind his post-split campaign is transparent. It's pretty obvious that the main advice is "make it all about your kids"... so we see them in every photo, he talks about them all the time, etc. And his post-split celibacy just adds to that wholesome image. It's the perfect counter-point to Price's debauchery and it's a masterclass in PR.

His 'people' must have been rubbing their hands at how easy KP has made this in the last 8 months. There can be no 'Saint' without a 'Sinner'.

But let's not forget that during their umpteen TV shows, he wasn't quite so clean cut. I was shocked by how vulgar he was on camera: he used to openly discuss oral sex and refer to his wife's sweet p****y, and he used to dry hump her in front of the cameras. I'm no puritan but come on, let's just stop pretending he has any class.
  • Options
    janetcomelatelyjanetcomelately Posts: 7,409
    Forum Member

Spot on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I've suggested in my previous post, Peter Andre doesn't need to say anything particularly derogatory about Katie Price. He just needs to place these carefully orchestrated 'benign' interviews at the right time, in which he makes enigmatic comments about her or their relationship that are quite devastating in effect.

The PR behind his post-split campaign is transparent. It's pretty obvious that the main advice is "make it all about your kids"... so we see them in every photo, he talks about them all the time, etc. And his post-split celibacy just adds to that wholesome image. It's the perfect counter-point to Price's debauchery and it's a masterclass in PR.

His 'people' must have been rubbing their hands at how easy KP has made this in the last 8 months. There can be no 'Saint' without a 'Sinner'.

But let's not forget that during their umpteen TV shows, he wasn't quite so clean cut. I was shocked by how vulgar he was on camera: he used to openly discuss oral sex and refer to his wife's sweet p****y, and he used to dry hump her in front of the cameras. I'm no puritan but come on, let's just stop pretending he has any class.

It is just possible that he really does love his kids. It's also just possible that he genuinely doesn't feel like having another relationship so soon after the devastating spilt of his marriage.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is just possible that he really does love his kids. It's also just possible that he genuinely doesn't feel like having another relationship so soon after the devastating spilt of his marriage.

That's what I think but apparently I've been dazzled by the PR and not what I've seen of him on his recent programme and his efforts to move on with his life. Because he doesn't vent nasty comments at others on social networking sites and sticks up for himself when the mud is slung at him (and sued when it's gone to far) that's now wrong. Oh and he's got a career to promote not just himself ho hum:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amber43 wrote: »
    That's what I think but apparently I've been dazzled by the PR and not what I've seen of him on his recent programme and his efforts to move on with his life. Because he doesn't vent nasty comments at others on social networking sites and sticks up for himself when the mud is slung at him (and sued when it's gone to far) that's now wrong. Oh and he's got a career to promote not just himself ho hum:confused:

Always 'good' to be told you can't see or think for yourself!
  • Options
    Forum Member

True. And it's also just possible that the timing of this weekend's interview was pure coincidence.

I don't doubt the guy's love for his kids. Nor do I think he's deliberately keeping his pecker in check for PR points. What I'm suggesting is that there is most definitely a PR war being waged, and he's winning it big style: partly because she's become a PR disaster area and partly because he's got a great team behind him (who were obviously a big part of Jordan's 'rehabilitation' in previous years and whose dropping her has been disastrous for Katie Price).

As I said, I neither like nor loathe either of them. I'm fairly dispassionately looking at what I see in front of me. And what I see is that he's not a saint in all this.