Options

X Men Origins:Wolverine

124»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    I seen it last night and really enjoyed it.

I love Xmen so I probably liked it more because of what it was.

There's always going to be plot holes in films like this, but because "powers" can go anywhere they're easier to fill.

It further shows me how much Heroes is simply an Xmen series.
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Listentome wrote: »
    Because when the made X1 I doubt there was any plan whatsoever to have them be brothers. Sabretooth was just Magneto's thug.

I guess there's really nothing in X1 to suggest the two don't have a history, just that there is nothing to strongly indicate they do either.

That's the problem with prequels, there's always a certain amount of plotholing to overlook and most often the filmmakers leave it to the viewers to fill in the gaps.

Sabretooth has been around in the comic books since 1977 - he was originally intended to be Wolverine's father but they've had "history" for years - they're story is very confusing it depends on what comics you read
  • Options
    ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    welwynrose wrote: »
    Sabretooth has been around in the comic books since 1977 - he was originally intended to be Wolverine's father but they've had "history" for years - they're story is very confusing it depends on what comics you read

Yeah I'm a big fan of the comics, read them as a kid. Like all long running comics the characters back stories have been ret-conned so many times. But i'm talking solely about the film X1. When a movie is made they have to go for the simplest idea. so like I said, I doubt when they made X1 they planned to have any connection (brother, father...) between Logan and Wolverine.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    I've just watched Xmen (1) again and it's easy to see a few plot holes in Wolverine...and the fact that Hugh Jackman is bulkier and has more wrinkles :p

But, there's no point in analysing Xmen. It's not the type of series which requires any in depth discussion... unless you're a bit sad :p
  • Options
    ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    I've just watched Xmen (1) again and it's easy to see a few plot holes in Wolverine...and the fact that Hugh Jackman is bulkier and has more wrinkles :p

But, there's no point in analysing Xmen. It's not the type of series which requires any in depth discussion... unless you're a bit sad :p

I'm extremely sad. :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    It's not a perfect Wolverine film by any means but (as a comic book geek) I'm really glad that it has been doing so well because it means we'll get a Magneto movie, a Deadpool movie and an X-Men First Class movie...
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched it over weekend and i enjoyed it,most people whop had seen it told me it was bad but i enjoyed it

put it on par with x3,maybe better

i only wish gambit had a bigger part and a more beefy cajun accent

but really interested with wolverines backstory
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Be interesting to see what they do with the wolverine time in Japan story
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭