Options

The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 58)

Comments

• Options
    QueenLeonaLewisQueenLeonaLewis Posts: 1,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Single premiere on Friday. They announced it in my dream. :D

hope your dreams correct :D
  • Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Single premiere on Friday. They announced it in my dream. :D

My heart was going so fast to only get broken by those 3 last words...... :cry:
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are we pretty certain Leona won't be at The Brits tonight then?

I'll be disapointed if she doesn't, she could have got herself a good amount of press by stunning on the red carpet and could have talked up her new album.

Like why attend The Pre-Grammy parties which got her minimal coverage, when attending The Brits main show could get her a lot more in the UK. Oh well.
  • Options
    IluzionistaIluzionista Posts: 5,406
    Forum Member
    I really hope they plan doing the whole deal with these instant grat tracks when pre-ordering the album. It's a great way to get some more album sales and, in general, get people interested about the new music.
  • Options
    ariella52ariella52 Posts: 7,519
    Forum Member
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    Are we pretty certain Leona won't be at The Brits tonight then?

I'll be disapointed if she doesn't, she could have got herself a good amount of press by stunning on the red carpet and could have talked up her new album.

Like why attend The Pre-Grammy parties which got her minimal coverage, when attending The Brits main show could get her a lot more in the UK. Oh well.

just guessing that she needs to,be in LA at the moment so attending parties there didn't require much effort.

She wouldn't get that much attention at the Brits. The focus will be on the winners and big names like Madonna. Probably better to make an impact at a quieter time.
  • Options
    AdamBunny10AdamBunny10 Posts: 3,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dunno why everyone wants her at BRITS, hasn't released anything here in ages and doubt she'll get much attention. If all goes well, she'll be there as a nominee next year!
  • Options
    soulmusicsoulmusic Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just back from hol, good to read the news. Hope to hear more details shortly. Thanks Soe for the last updates you posted. I don't think Leona will attend The Brits, but there is always next year, when hopefully she will be a contender.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dunno why everyone wants her at BRITS, hasn't released anything here in ages and doubt she'll get much attention. If all goes well, she'll be there as a nominee next year!

I want her at the Brits because she would get attention, will she get the coverage of the huge names no, but she would get coverage.

The Daily Mail, Digital Spy, The Mirror all write about Leona whenever they can, and all the music blogs and forums pick up on her on too. This would all be magnified if she actually went and revealed some details during the red carpet interviews. Plus most national newspapers/websites, tabloid magazines ie (Now, Ok, Hello etc) and blogs,stretching from music to fashion write about what everyone is wearing, who is the best dressed, the worst etc. It also makes her appear relavent in a lot of people's minds, its better that people would have seen her recently so that when she does premier music people give it a go because she was in their minds recently, rather than skimming past the song because shes 'irrelevant now, she hasn't done anything in ages' sort of thing.

Now I personally don't care about those sort of lists, but I do care about the increased bump in profile she would get from it, especially when she is so close to premiering something it seems.

Edit: I just find it frustrating, I just hope she is missing it for a reason, like she is filming a music video very soon or has a photoshoot in LA or something, not just because she isn't going.
  • Options
    EnvoirmentEnvoirment Posts: 9,486
    Forum Member

For a bit of press to help start getting her out there. I mean if she wore something amazing (like the robert cavali dress she wore a while ago, or what she wore at the 2010 BRITS), she could easily be all over the papers and give some red carpet interviews about the music so we get some news. :D

Either way, we're really close. Hopefully we'll get something by mid-march. ^_^
  • Options
    AdamBunny10AdamBunny10 Posts: 3,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing Gaga is becoming a series regular in AHS makes me think about those rumours in 2010 about Leona being on Glee.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New album charts policy :/
    Previously, titles in preorder would be ranked at the time the orders were placed AND again when the orders were redeemed. Titles with large preorders would immediately fly to the top of the chart on Monday night once the iTunes Store was turned over for the week’s new releases. Under the new policy, redemptions will no longer contribute to chart position as the advance sales will be ranked only during the preorder period as orders accumulate. New releases will be ranked based solely on the day’s performance above and beyond preorder redemptions.
  • Options
    Jack_Clarke2Jack_Clarke2 Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, that sucks ^ why would they do that?!
  • Options
    IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member
    I reckon there won't be such a thing as "Pre-Order" then. They'll just advertise the album on iTunes saying "Available..." Then the release date.
  • Options
    fallendancerfallendancer Posts: 6,246
    Forum Member
    Soeplepel wrote: »

I don't think I fully understand.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's rubbish.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 457
    Forum Member
    I'm assuming its just an iTunes policy change not the official charts?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm assuming its just an iTunes policy change not the official charts?

Yeah but it still sucks imo.

I'll just stop pre-ordering I suppose, I'd rather buy a Leona single/album on the actual day of release to help it climb and help it get better visability.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think I fully understand.

It's where Taylor will be screwed next album. She had millions in first week because of pre orders, but now it won't count to the first week
  • Options
    fallendancerfallendancer Posts: 6,246
    Forum Member
    It's where Taylor will be screwed next album. She had millions in first week because of pre orders, but now it won't count to the first week
    So basically if we buy the album in pre-orders, it won't count during a releasing week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So basically if we buy the album in pre-orders, it won't count during a releasing week.

Nope, but it does count in overall sales ofcourse
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope, but it does count in overall sales ofcourse

Is it not just the itunes chart? I took it to mean that pre-orders won't be added on the itunes chart on release day, but all sales no matter when placed will still count in the first week official chart.

I think it is just to stop new releases jumping straight to the top.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 457
    Forum Member
    it WILL count as first week sales, the only impact will be the position on the iTunes chart which shows popularity at a specific time!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    Is it not just the itunes chart? I took it to mean that pre-orders won't be added on the itunes chart on release day, but all sales no matter when placed will still count in the first week official chart.

I think it is just to stop new releases jumping straight to the top.

Ahh could be, I have no idea. It's confusing :') It's on HITS though, but can't find the link anymore
  • Options
    pokerfaceLelepokerfaceLele Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aren't things getting a bit messy with all those changes?
    No pre-orders, then the Streaming-Thing.
    There is even a rule in Germany which says that the more expensive the CD, the better the final chart position will be.

Why aren't they just establishing two seperate charts.
    One for streaming and the new online market (which has to be taken into consideration since people listen on Youtube and so on nowadays).
    And another one for the actual sales.

However, it doesn't matter, since the actual sales can't be taken away from Leona. That's what counts after all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It doesn't matter for Taylor at all. She sold 1,200,000 copies of RED first week with no pre-orders. They will still count first week but when the insta grats come out they won't shoot to the top of the charts. I think this is a great thing. It was highly annoying.
This discussion has been closed.