Options

BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 54)

Comments

• Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    JoJo4 wrote: »
    I wondered how they got round that! His dad went to Germany aeons ago but had been in the UK for a while even when I used to watch it which is well over a year ago! I thought it was Sally's house since the divorce???
    No he bought his own recently. The one that was Hilda's. Particularly daft about his dad because when Kevin's child wasn't at the twenty-four hour dirt cheap childminder's he was looked after by Bill and Pam.

I expect Ken will go to visit one of his sons and break his legs or something. :cool:
  • Options
    ArtemesiaArtemesia Posts: 43,241
    Forum Member
    Good afternoon, folks.
    I did read back a couple of hours ago and then had to go off and do something.

Can't remember who asked, but yes, the whole octopus can be eaten minus beak and ink sac. I would say that yes, it is nearest in taste to prawns, but a bit less fishy.The tentacles, grilled, which is what I had last night, are almost creamy in texture, a bit like fish cooked in foil in the oven.Squid is much blander in taste.
    When we were at the open market on Saturday, they were grilling octopus slices and serving them with bread and mustard instead of the usual sausages or souvlaki.This was because it was Holy Week and only 'clean' bloodless foods are served.
  • Options
    ArtemesiaArtemesia Posts: 43,241
    Forum Member
    I will be making lunch in a few minutes, then we will take MIL to the airport for her teatime flight.She will be home for a couple of weeks, then she is off to Holland to visit Sam's brother and family.
  • Options
    HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    Artemesia wrote: »
    Good afternoon, folks.

Can't remember who asked, but yes, the whole octopus can be eaten minus beak and ink sac. I would say that yes, it is nearest in taste to prawns, but a bit less fishy.The tentacles, grilled, which is what I had last night, are almost creamy in texture, a bit like fish cooked in foil in the oven.Squid is much blander in taste.
    When we were at the open market on Saturday, they were grilling octopus slices and serving them with bread and mustard instead of the usual sausages or souvlaki.This was because it was Holy Week and only 'clean' bloodless foods are served.
    Morning Arte.:-)))))))))))))
    Or Afternoon on the Moon.:-)))))))))))

With bland food isn't it usually coated in a good flavoured batter or bread crumb?
    I will be making lunch in a few minutes, then we will take MIL to the airport for her teatime flight.She will be home for a couple of weeks, then she is off to Holland to visit Sam's brother and family.
    That will be nice for them, they have most probably been spring cleaning since Christmas.:-)))))))))))
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My breakfast routine at work has had to change.
    They have moved the canteen staff to a big port a-cabin on the outside of the factory wall, inside the massive compound of course, it's actually nearer for me to walk and also i don't have to walk up stairs to the roof.

they have the kitchen built in but no sitting area so i had to bring the takeaway bake to the office.

Got bacon & egg on toast with porridge, it cut my brekkie time from 50 minutes to about 15.:-))))))))))

PS.
    The canteen i used to go to is still open just moved the staff as one of the other canteens has closed as they needed the ground floor space.
  • Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Hicky wrote: »
    My breakfast routine at work has had to change.
    They have moved the canteen staff to a big port a-cabin on the outside of the factory wall, inside the massive compound of course, it's actually nearer for me to walk and also i don't have to walk up stairs to the roof.

they have the kitchen built in but no sitting area so i had to bring the takeaway bake to the office.

Got bacon & egg on toast with porridge, it cut my brekkie time from 50 minutes to about 15.:-))))))))))

PS.
    The canteen i used to go to is still open just moved the staff as one of the other canteens has closed as they needed the ground floor space.
    An extra thirty-five minutes scoffing time then. :cool:
  • Options
    minkskiminkski Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    Morning all :)
    nowahalla wrote: »
    Morning:)
    Exam time chez Halla, pre-exam nervousness is huge, and that's just me.....:(
    Ugh, mind you, at least no anxiety dreams -yet...although I did have a very strange dream involving Dec (of Ant'n') fame. Surprisingly good kisser, he is...;):eek::D

Right, off to dispense last minute wisdom....

:eek::p

Congratulations for surviving Arty :cool:
  • Options
    MootleMootle Posts: 35,232
    Forum Member
    hello all :)
  • Options
    nowahallanowahalla Posts: 10,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    minkski wrote: »
    Morning all :)

:eek::p

Congratulations for surviving Arty :cool:

:D:D
    Right, one exam down, 17 to go...:(

Kickboxing in 40 mins, eats into my gin time, how very dare it:mad::eek::D
  • Options
    MootleMootle Posts: 35,232
    Forum Member
    With 8 legs it can get anywhere. my plate is always op.

A strange thing this morning, had been bitten on my arm, you can always tell, it needs itching, had a little spot as normal, gave it a little rub as it was annoying, it swelled a bit more.
    I was going into the gazebo to get my tree grafting gear as i was going to do some grafts on the plum tree, 1st thing is to sterilise the tools, i have a big container of pull out antiseptic material that is used for medical purposes, probably in the theatre if an instrument want sterilising.
    Anyway, as i was doing the tools i rubbed it on the bite spot.

A few hours later i was telling O/H about the spot and i couldn't find it, there wasn't even a mark left. but pleased.
    I'm thrilled for you Hicky! ;)
    seconded

Morning SR

Wont mention the weather, don't want you starting the day feeling sick as a pig
    It's bliddy bliddy hot here and I can't find my sandals :( I have found a beige one and a white one but that's no good..
    I see Jimmy Tarbuck has been arrested now.

I'm not shedding any tears over him.:rolleyes: Can't stand him - he was always so patronising to women that I had to switch to something else when he was on. However, being accused by a boy seems rather far fetched to me.:confused:
    Good afternoon, folks.

someone once let me taste what they said was octopus. It was cold and rubbery, and ghastly, which makes me wonder if it was rubber and someone's idea of a joke :D

Kickboxing in 40 mins, eats into my gin time, how very dare it
    better to have it before gin rather than after I guess!:D:D
  • Options
    minkskiminkski Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member

Kickboxing in 40 mins, eats into my gin time, how very dare it:mad::eek::D

Mind you the gin could soften the blow :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    An extra thirty-five minutes scoffing time then. :-cool:
    No Honey, it means i'm eating in the office, i don't stop for lucnch or afternoon tea so i get a longer brekkie, no-one said i could like, sometimes they ring me up to see where i am.:-)))))))))

Bu now i'm in the office i am snookered, i usually have brekkie with the canteen girls but they are now in the portacabin and can't stop serving anyway.
    Think they start serving food at 6.30 am.
    Mootle wrote: »
    hello all :-)
    Morning Moots':-)))))))))))))
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mind you the gin could soften the blow :-D:-D
    Morning minkski.:-))))))))))

It would soften the blow even more if Halla had the
    gin first.:-)))))))))))))
  • Options
    Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mootle wrote: »
    I'm thrilled for you Hicky! ;)

seconded

It's bliddy bliddy hot here and I can't find my sandals :( I have found a beige one and a white one but that's no good..

I'm not shedding any tears over him.:rolleyes: Can't stand him - he was always so patronising to women that I had to switch to something else when he was on. However, being accused by a boy seems rather far fetched to me.:confused:

someone once let me taste what they said was octopus. It was cold and rubbery, and ghastly, which makes me wonder if it was rubber and someone's idea of a joke :D

better to have it before gin rather than after I guess!:D:D

It could be a new trend which catches on :D
  • Options
    BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When i read the headline i though they were going to charge for ALL access to YT:eek: At least its not that, but you just know the channels affected will be good ones - i can imagine the uproar on here if you had to pay to watch BB vids ! :eek:
  • Options
    ackeracker Posts: 8,809
    Forum Member
    It could be a new trend which catches on :D

I think moots has got another pair exactly the same somewhere.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mind you the gin could soften the blow :D:D
    Morning minkski.:-))))))))))

It would soften the blow even more if Halla had the
    gin first.:-)))))))))))))

:D I'm more likely to get gubbed in the face if I drink before boxing, he's been known to throw a few punches back for me to block...:eek::D
    All done now, lots of upper body work today as knee twingeing a bit....arms hurt, achy achy...whimper..wont be able to lift my glass, going to need a long straw....or a scantily clad manservant..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw the headline on the Sun about Jimmy Tarbuck as i walked passed the newsagents this morning (they have the papers outside), didnt have time to read more. Its frightening to think how many have been caught and how many more there will be*

*I know they may not all be guilty, just hope the innocent are cleared but there names will still be linked with the allegations made against them regardless.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Barracute wrote: »
    When i read the headline i though they were going to charge for ALL access to YT:eek: At least its not that, but you just know the channels affected will be good ones - i can imagine the uproar on here if you had to pay to watch BB vids ! :eek:

So did I . .....its googtube now. :eek:...and im with the sadly missed Bill Hicks when it comes to people who work in advertising. :o....intrusive advertising has ruined youtube......sorry Barra , the rantage started. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :D I'm more likely to get gubbed in the face if I drink before boxing, he's been known to throw a few punches back for me to block...:eek::D
    All done now, lots of upper body work today as knee twingeing a bit....arms hurt, achy achy...whimper..wont be blue to lift my glass, going to need a long straw....or a scantily clad manservant..

I am sure you will manage - even without a scantily clad manservant ! :eek::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    acker wrote: »
    So did I . .....its googtube now. :eek:...and im with the sadly missed Bill Hicks when it comes to people who work in advertising. :o....intrusive advertising has ruined youtube......sorry Barra , the rantage started. :D

Yes i hate those ads on YT ! :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Barracute wrote: »
    I am sure you will manage - even without a scantily clad manservant ! :eek::D

...stomps foot and sticks lower lip out petulantly...:mad: but I want one.....:(

Re YouTube...ads drive me nuts too..grrrrrr

...strops off to pour her own drinks....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Scots rool wrote: »
    None of these guys have been fired tho'......they're suspended (probably with full pay), for the time being.

I wouldn't pay to watch YouTube!

*TUTS LOUDLY* :rolleyes::p

:D:D:D... sorry sr....I think this band are taking the p*ss ...just 1 minute 03 seconds , The Urinals tribute to me ( on Happy Squid record label )....try getting that to number one. :o They were all singing it on the bus stop this morning ......not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahqv0YMz7kg
  • Options
    JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member
    No he bought his own recently. The one that was Hilda's. Particularly daft about his dad because when Kevin's child wasn't at the twenty-four hour dirt cheap childminder's he was looked after by Bill and Pam.

I expect Ken will go to visit one of his sons and break his legs or something. :cool:

Oh I see I haven't watched Corrie for ages but I find I'm missing it lately!

Maybe Ken could go and stay with Mavis in the countryside:cool:
  • Options
    JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member

Well done Arte - seems you've all survived!
This discussion has been closed.