Options

BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 54)

Comments

• Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Hicky wrote: »
    With 8 legs it can get anywhere. my plate is always op.

A strange thing this morning, had been bitten on my arm, you can always tell, it needs itching, had a little spot as normal, gave it a little rub as it was annoying, it swelled a bit more.
    I was going into the gazebo to get my tree grafting gear as i was going to do some grafts on the plum tree, 1st thing is to sterilise the tools, i have a big container of pull out antiseptic material that is used for medical purposes, probably in the theatre if an instrument want sterilising.
    Anyway, as i was doing the tools i rubbed it on the bite spot.

A few hours later i was telling O/H about the spot and i couldn't find it, there wasn't even a mark left.: confused: but pleased.

Was it an alcohol wipe? Maybe you had a heat lump. You dont see heat lumps these days, i wonder why not?
    Oh, stupid me, its cos its cold all the time.
  • Options
    ackeracker Posts: 8,809
    Forum Member
    Artemesia wrote: »
    Off out for a meal....

Here is Celeste, who had joined in the sleep fest on the balcony ~

https://picasaweb.google.com/113456520926716337399/ItSAllRightForSome?authkey=Gv1sRgCKSencK6t9nFRA#5874903748196524210

Honest I know ive said this before but THAT is Indie the cat. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member

I havent been able to compile " playlists on youtube forever cos you get to the second or third track and some idiot intrusive ad starts to play ...imagine putting two quiet ,gentle ethereal tracks back to back but before the second piece plays an ad for a loud violent film plonks itself on your screen and your ears ....the entire mood screwed ( tried ad blocker but some stil get through ....theyre like Wells Fargo )....anyway long story short youtube has got progressively worse ever since google got their hands on it :mad:.....and anyway **** em , they removed Winkle Picker Shoes Blues. ......im not pleased to see this at all . I kind of hope it goes t*ts up for them .....greedy, greedy, greedy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That sounds fun.

It can be absolutely anyone, man or woman. I see no reason to fire them until convicted though.

I think i might have got triathlon mixed up with something else? Don't you have to swim three miles, cycle a hundred miles and run a whole marathon? How did they fit it in a tiny town? :confused:

I hate it when i am waiting for a television programme and dogtiredness strikes and I am too exhausted to even record it.

I was envious until you said octopus. Is it prawny like squid?

It is a blessing. It is horrible to not be able to eat anything without interrogating the chef and scrutinising any packets.

CL, Gretel the Kelpie and me went to our friend's house (taking in a few stinky farms on the way and getting lost and trafficjammed)
    We had cherryade and cheese and onion pasties and it was lovely. :)

Theres that sick squid I owe you. :o......your visit to your friends house sounds like it was nice. :)
  • Options
    nowahallanowahalla Posts: 10,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning:)
    Exam time chez Halla, pre-exam nervousness is huge, and that's just me.....:(
    Ugh, mind you, at least no anxiety dreams -yet...although I did have a very strange dream involving Dec (of Ant'n') fame. Surprisingly good kisser, he is...;):eek::D

Right, off to dispense last minute wisdom....
  • Options
    Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning all :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sounds fun.

It can be absolutely anyone, man or woman. I see no reason to fire them until convicted though.

I think i might have got triathlon mixed up with something else? Don't you have to swim three miles, cycle a hundred miles and run a whole marathon? How did they fit it in a tiny town? :confused:

I hate it when i am waiting for a television programme and dogtiredness strikes and I am too exhausted to even record it.

I was envious until you said octopus. Is it prawny like squid?

It is a blessing. It is horrible to not be able to eat anything without interrogating the chef and scrutinising any packets.

CL, Gretel the Kelpie and me went to our friend's house (taking in a few stinky farms on the way and getting lost and trafficjammed)
    We had cherryade and cheese and onion pasties and it was lovely. :)
    None of these guys have been fired tho'......they're suspended (probably with full pay), for the time being.
    I wouldn't pay to watch YouTube!
    acker wrote: »
    Theres that sick squid I owe you. :o......your visit to your friends house sounds like it was nice. :)
    *TUTS LOUDLY* :rolleyes::p
  • Options
    Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scots rool wrote: »
    Morning all :)

Morning SR :D

Wont mention the weather, don't want you starting the day feeling sick as a pig :p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning SR :D

Wont mention the weather, don't want you starting the day feeling sick as a pig :p:D

Morning Flora........actually it's all set to be a gorgeous day here today. :p
  • Options
    HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    Good Morning everyone.:-)[highlight](((((( {o-^-o} ))))))[/highlight]

Another lovely day on the cards, working though.
    Was it an alcohol wipe? Maybe you had a heat lump. You dont see heat lumps these days, i wonder why not?
    Oh, stupid me, its cos its cold all the time.
    It was a bite Honey, the wipes are similar top these.
    http://www.quickmedical.com/pdi-germicidal-wipes.html
    Morning all :-)
    Morning SR.:-)))))))))))))))))))
    Morning SR :-D

Wont mention the weather, don't want you starting the day feeling sick as a pig :-p:-D
    Morning Flora.:-)))))))))))))
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning Flora........actually it's all set to be a gorgeous day here today. :p

Knowing your luck its bound to change :p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Morning Hicky :D

Shame you cant pick and chose which days you work and just go in on the grotty days :D
  • Options
    EddyBeeEddyBee Posts: 45,612
    Forum Member
    Good morning you lot.

:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EddyBee wrote: »
    Good morning you lot.

Morning Eddy :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning Hicky :-D

Shame you cant pick and chose which days you work and just go in on the grotty days :-D
    I probably could really, the boss's would let me do that, my work isn't done by someone else, it just waits till i come in.
    But if there wasn't any grotty days, well, thats a problem.:-))))))))))))))
    Good morning you lot.

:-D
    Morning Eddy.:-)))))))))))))))
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I probably could really, the boss's would let me do that, my work isn't done by someone else, it just waits till i come in.
    But if there wasn't any grotty days, well, thats a problem.:-))))))))))))))

Morning Eddy.:-)))))))))))))))

A remote possibility at best :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning everyone.:)
    acker wrote: »
    I havent been able to compile " playlists on youtube forever cos you get to the second or third track and some idiot intrusive ad starts to play ...imagine putting two quiet ,gentle ethereal tracks back to back but before the second piece plays an ad for a loud violent film plonks itself on your screen and your ears ....the entire mood screwed ( tried ad blocker but some stil get through ....theyre like Wells Fargo )....anyway long story short youtube has got progressively worse ever since google got their hands on it :mad:.....and anyway **** em , they removed Winkle Picker Shoes Blues. ......im not pleased to see this at all . I kind of hope it goes t*ts up for them .....greedy, greedy, greedy.
    I just havent got the patience to sit through endless adverts so i use youtube for reference now rather than pleasure.
    There are many people who earn a very good living through "gaining a fan base" on youtube and being paid for the advertising. Some of them just chat about rubbish. it is astonishing.
    If i was paying a monthly fee to see it i would take that as payment for the music (ripping or whatever they call it)
    I have got winkle picker shoes blues on single somewhere.:D

Probably cetrimide based. A miracle. :D
    None of these guys have been fired tho'......they're suspended (probably with full pay), for the time being.

I wouldn't pay to watch YouTube!

*TUTS LOUDLY* :rolleyes::p

Some do revive their careers after false allegations.
    Mathew Kelly did, but I doubt that the soap actors will return because it interferes with the storyline too much.

I see Jimmy Tarbuck has been arrested now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning everyone.:-)

I just havent got the patience to sit through endless adverts so i use youtube for reference now rather than pleasure.
    There are many people who earn a very good living through "gaining a fan base" on youtube and being paid for the advertising. Some of them just chat about rubbish. it is astonishing.
    If i was paying a monthly fee to see it i would take that as payment for the music (ripping or whatever they call it)
    I have got winkle picker shoes blues on single somewhere.:-D

Probably cetrimide based. A miracle. :-D

Mathew Kelly did, but I doubt that the soap actors will return because it interferes with the storyline too much.

Morning Honey.:-))))))))))))))))
    I'll check what the exact type of wipes they are, i know they are for sterilising medical instruments as well as tree grafting instruments.
    It may be that i am not supposed to get it on my skin, i'll look into that when i get home.

I saw that about Jimmy Tarbuck, the list must be endless, isn't there a limit on the amount of years that have passed?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knowing your luck its bound to change :p
    *tuts* Are you turning into the Grim Reaper? :p
    Good morning you lot.

Morning Hicky. :D

Morning honey. :)

Yes some do......och I don't know so much. They would just not mention they'd been away for a while. Same as some of the 'kids' who appear with new heads. The 'parents' don't seem to notice any difference. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning Honey.:-))))))))))))))))
    I'll check what the exact type of wipes they are, i know they are for sterilising medical instruments as well as tree grafting instruments.
    It may be that i am not supposed to get it on my skin, i'll look into that when i get home.

I saw that about Jimmy Tarbuck, the list must be endless, isn't there a limit on the amount of years that have passed?

For other crimes, yes but not this. I think it makes a mockery of justice.
    The burden of proof needed is very low indeed and it only needs to be "similar" stories, but they are interviewed by the same people usually and it can very easily lead to a "malleable witness" situation.

In the jimmy Savile "case" the two first complainants corroborated on facebook, falsified a letter from police (whch was the basis of the documentary) and have been proven to not even have been at the school at the relevant time, yet we hear none of this reported, nor any of the other claims which have glaring anomalies.

Child abuse should never go unpunished, but encouraging false claims by dangling the carrot of compensation is not helping anyone, and nor is grouping a possibly accidental touch of an adult breast over clothing in a public place with the molestation of a nine year old, as in the case of Stuart Hall.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Yes some do......och I don't know so much. They would just not mention they'd been away for a while. Same as some of the 'kids' who appear with new heads. The 'parents' don't seem to notice any difference. :D
    In the case of Michael Le Vell's character in Coro they explained it as him giving away his house to some neighbours he hardly knows after they had a fire and eventually going off to look after his sick father in Germany who wasnt even there in the first place and has a wife to look after him anyway. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Morning Honey :D

Be interesting to see who is next in line, cant see it stopping any time soon especially if there is chance of a bit of compo up for grabs.

Just being realistic :D
  • Options
    JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member
    nowahalla wrote: »
    Morning:)
    Exam time chez Halla, pre-exam nervousness is huge, and that's just me.....:(
    Ugh, mind you, at least no anxiety dreams -yet...although I did have a very strange dream involving Dec (of Ant'n') fame. Surprisingly good kisser, he is...;):eek::D

Right, off to dispense last minute wisdom....

Good luck halla- that tension fuelled exam thing quite leaves you all together and I still have the dreams when stressed - never seen Dec in them though:(
    For other crimes, yes but not this. I think it makes a mockery of justice.
    The burden of proof needed is very low indeed and it only needs to be "similar" stories, but they are interviewed by the same people usually and it can very easily lead to a "malleable witness" situation.

In the jimmy Savile "case" the two first complainants corroborated on facebook, falsified a letter from police (whch was the basis of the documentary) and have been proven to not even have been at the school at the relevant time, yet we hear none of this reported, nor any of the other claims which have glaring anomalies.

Child abuse should never go unpunished, but encouraging false claims by dangling the carrot of compensation is not helping anyone, and nor is grouping a possibly accidental touch of an adult breast over clothing in a public place with the molestation of a nine year old, as in the case of Stuart Hall.

God is there no end to it??? You're right about the reporting too - since the first flurry we've heard little about new evidence, or evidence which has proved to be false, fabricated or badly remembered.
  • Options
    JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member
    In the case of Michael Le Vell's character in Coro they explained it as him giving away his house to some neighbours he hardly knows after they had a fire and eventually going off to look after his sick father in Germany who wasnt even there in the first place and has a wife to look after him anyway. :D

I wondered how they got round that! His dad went to Germany aeons ago but had been in the UK for a while even when I used to watch it which is well over a year ago! I thought it was Sally's house since the divorce???
This discussion has been closed.