Options

Chanelle hayes overdose.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 484
    Forum Member
    blackrock wrote: »
    For the record, many people have a completely different take from yours on Chanelle in BB8. She was a public favorite and placed near the top of the weekly DS "Favourite Housemate" polls for good reason. My take on Chanelle in BB8 was she wore her heart on her sleeve throughout the show and did the best she could to act on her feelings. She was loved by her most kind-hearted fellow housemates, Brian, Sam, Amanda, and Gerry for good reason.

Yes she was an emotional girl, but not selfish or manipulative. She was aware the housemates disliked her strops, and she disliked them herself--they never gained her anything at all--but she could not help herself in that stressful environment.

I hope she comes through this OK and is back on form soon. Whatever doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.:)

Manipulative people are often popular - that doesn't prove anything. She isn't the worst housemate ever (Rex, Alex and others were worse). However, she is well up there. Some people are just quite gullible.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,962
    Forum Member
    boobee wrote: »
    Reallly.....check her forteit with previous BF!!!!!!

I don't class kiss'n tells as fact.
  • Options
    blackrockblackrock Posts: 3,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I find reprehensive is people tearing Chanelle down when nobody knows what went on, or all the facts, only that Chanelle was reportedly rushed to a hospital and is staying overnight for observation.

I also watched BB8 and found Chanelle to be honest and emotional, and not manipulative at all. The show psychologists found her the least manipulative in the house, as well.

Best of luck with your recovery, Chanelle. Get well soon.:)

/QUOT

opps.......have a look at what her previous Bf's have indicated....there is nothing like being in a realionship with Chanelle and the consequences:eek:

What does "opps" mean? You have used this word in several posts now. I've never seen it before and have no idea what you are trying to say.

Her pre-BB8 boyfriends talked about how passionate and sexy she was, with a temper--she talked about that herself a few times in BB8. So?

No real boyfriend after BB8 has sold a story on Chanelle, although there was one fake ex-housemate who pretended to be in a relationship with her for money and media attention, but who could credit anything he said after all the lies he told Chanelle?

Chanelle's family are with her now taking care of her, and hopefully she can go home in the morning.
  • Options
    MindbearMindbear Posts: 2,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shelleybb wrote: »
    It would help if you actually read my post. I said you could not get sectioned for taking a few pills which you cannot. I never said anything about serious overdoses for which you may very well be sectioned.

I never mentioned anything to do with you or you emotions as this site is not meant to be personal. I said that she was obviously upset and as for assuming my very point was that we do not know any of the facts so we should not jump to assumptions.

As for you edit, I too have experience of such places and you have made a number of sweeping statements yet again. These may be your personal experience and if they are I have nothing but sympathy for you. But as someone who has suffered from mental illness I would have thought your descriptions of other would be more sympathetic. And as for DARE in the context your language sounds threatening and uncalled for. I have made my points politely and given reasons and would appreciate it if you could do the same as these are the rules of the forum.

You called me sickening, that is not polite or respectful, especially given that you were making assumptions about the position I was commenting on. I find it hard to be sympathetic to Chanelle because I think, personally, I find that many people have to jump through hoops to get the help they need. Chanelle may be upset and not wanting to be left by her boyfriend, but the reaction clearly wasn't grave enough to call for psychiatric intervention. I admit I am making assumptions based on previous reports of Chanelle, but she has never presented herself particularly well in the media and I fear that she will be swamped with help that would probably be better shared out amongst many very unwell people.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What does "opps" mean? You have used this word in several posts now. I've never seen it before and have no idea what you are trying to say.

Her pre-BB8 boyfriends talked about how passionate and sexy she was, with a temper--she talked about that herself a few times in BB8. So?

No real boyfriend after BB8 has sold a story on Chanelle, although there was one fake ex-housemate who pretended to be in a relationship with her for money and media attention, but who could credit anything he said after all the lies he told Chanelle?

Chanelle's family are with her now taking care of her, and hopefully she can go home in the morning.

What.,...Chanelle's faimily have seen her behaviour before, infact many years hence.

Patterns of heaviour continue to behold...except it is a diffent boyfriend this time;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Exact circumstances!? Whats more to know than that she had another argument with her boyfriend and tried to top herself!?

Some look rather deeper, than that. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yewtree wrote: »
    Manipulative people are often popular - that doesn't prove anything. She isn't the worst housemate ever (Rex, Alex and others were worse). However, she is well up there. Some people are just quite gullible.

I'm losing count of the number of times I've had to remind people that Chanelle was voted the best ever housemate.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alibat wrote: »
    Some look rather deeper, than that. :rolleyes:

Oh I guess you'd like to know what she was wearing...what pills they were and if it was red or white wine :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello....Chanelle knows exactly what she is doing...it has worked in previous occasions:o

Chanelle knew nothing except that she was in a bad way.:( Give her time to recover and she might be able to explain herself. I hope she'll be OK tomorrow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh I guess you'd like to know what she was wearing...what pills they were and if it was red or white wine :rolleyes:

If you say so. :yawn:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :eek:What.....has she not been here before:eek:

No....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek:
    Chanelle knew nothing except that she was in a bad way.:( Give her time to recover and she might be able to explain herself. I hope she'll be OK tomorrow.
    What.....has she not been here before:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alibat wrote: »
    If you say so. :yawn:

Yes I certainly do. But don't worry I'm sure you'll get all that information when shes got her funbags hanging out in next weeks edition of Nuts magazine and spewing her sob story.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I certainly do. But don't worry I'm sure you'll get all that information when shes got her funbags hanging out in next weeks edition of Nuts magazine and spewing her sob story.

You can't have read the interviews that Nuts do then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dubguy wrote: »
    I'm losing count of the number of times I've had to remind people that Chanelle was voted the best ever housemate.

As I said, some people are just very gullible :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yewtree wrote: »
    As I said, some people are just very gullible :)

Or loyal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Or loyal.

or stubborn.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek:What.....has she not been here before:eek:

I have no idea what you are saying, but I'm shocked at the lack of compassion in this thread for a 21-year-old in crisis.:mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mindbear wrote: »
    You called me sickening, that is not polite or respectful, especially given that you were making assumptions about the position I was commenting on. I find it hard to be sympathetic to Chanelle because I think, personally, I find that many people have to jump through hoops to get the help they need. Chanelle may be upset and not wanting to be left by her boyfriend, but the reaction clearly wasn't grave enough to call for psychiatric intervention. I admit I am making assumptions based on previous reports of Chanelle, but she has never presented herself particularly well in the media and I fear that she will be swamped with help that would probably be better shared out amongst many very unwell people.

I did not call you sickening I said the way you described the mentally ill was sickening. If you read it back you will see this which maybe you should do before you accuse me of things.

I cannot profess to know a lot about Chanelle as a person, I did not really watch the BB she was in and don't really have any interest in her. My point was that we do not know all the facts and in that position anyone deserves the benefit of the doubt with regards to sympathy.

But what you have said in this post makes sense and could well be very valid, and the most likely outcome is that it is a cry for help or possibly attention. And I agree totally that in these cases can make a mockery of the seriously mentally ill and what they endure. I agree with this I just took offense at the tone and content of some of your original post.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can't have read the interviews that Nuts do then.

No because I haven't got thr time for a trashy magazine like that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or loyal.

Or foolish.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have no idea what you are saying, but I'm shocked at the lack of compassion in this thread for a 21-year-old in crisis.:mad:

WTF?! Crisis?!

lololol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No because I haven't got thr time for a trashy magazine like that.

Well, maybe you shouldn't make comments about what's in it then .... and you won't see Chanelle's funbags in it either.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Why would I, I'm not a fan & I've never even seen Nuts. I just have a problem with flipant nasty comments about somthing as awful as a suicide attempt, while the only information is from a tabloid.

A little bit of heart, can go a long long way. She's a young woman who was on BB & I find the judgmental nastyness, uncalled for.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No sympathy for her in the slightest.