Options

TV shows we can look forward to in 2014...

Comments

• Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,991
    Forum Member
    Im not sure if the return of more stale reality tv is something to look forward to.

However for people who are fans of reality TV like Big Brother, it is
  • Options
    Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good to see a few mentions for Jonathan Creek, those three episodes are the only thing for me.
  • Options
    ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,093
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    As well as

The Bridge (Danish/Swedish)
    The last series of Krister Wallander (Swedish)
    The last series of Inspector Montalbano (Italian)
    Salamander (Belgian)

Also I think Season 2 of Hatufim, the Israeli programme that inspired Homeland is due to appear on Sky Arts 1 early in the year

Hi V :) The Bridge was the one I mentioned in my first post and I'm really excited about that :cool: I'd forgotten Salamander and Mentalbaldo. Is Wallander definitely going to be on next year? Can't wait for that then!
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to see a few mentions for Jonathan Creek, those three episodes are the only thing for me.

I'm ridiculously excited for Jonathan Creek! And 3 New episodes as well!! we're in for a treat :D I hope they're on soon!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BBC One
    Sherlock
    Silk
    Call the Midwife
    Jonathan Creek
    Jamaica Inn
    Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
    Happy Valley
    The Ark
    The Musketeers
    The Game
    Outnumbered
    The Village
    Last Tango in Halifax (it only ended a few days ago and I already miss it.)
    The Casual Vacancy
    Dickensian

(those last two might not air next year)

BBC Two
    Line of Duty
    Episodes
    The Honourable Women
    The Fall
    Up the Women
    Turks & Caicos and Salting the Battlefield (the two sequels to Page Eight)

ITV
    The Bletchley Circle
    Grantchester
    and their plethora of reality/talent shows ;)

Other Channels
    Grand Hotel - Sky Arts 1
    The Bridge - BBC Four

I didn't know The Fall was back next year. Great, looking forward to that!

Series 2 of Grand Hotel starts tonight at 7pm :)
  • Options
    thismorningfanthismorningfan Posts: 1,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Top of the Pops 1979 repeats on BBC Four
    Only Fools And Horses (possibly, I don't know if it's been confirmed yet)
  • Options
    guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    I didn't know The Fall was back next year. Great, looking forward to that!

Series 2 of Grand Hotel starts tonight at 7pm :)

It might end up being pushed back to 2015, but hopefully it will air next year.

I know, can't wait. I thought I'd include in the list anyway since most of the series will air next year, and hopefully the third series will follow at the end of next year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It might end up being pushed back to 2015, but hopefully it will air next year.

I know, can't wait. I thought I'd include in the list anyway since most of the series will air next year, and hopefully the third series will follow at the end of next year.

The last thing I heard they were talking about doing another series of a The Fall, but haven't heard anything about when they're filming so I sort of forgot about it. I really hope it's next year, I loved the first series.

I really enjoyed series one of Grand Hotel, I hope this series is just as good. A slightly over the top and raunchy version of Downton :D Mind you, I couldn't get into Downton at all. I saw one or two episodes and found it a bit dull, but Grand Hotel got me hooked straight away.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi V :) The Bridge was the one I mentioned in my first post and I'm really excited about that :cool: I'd forgotten Salamander and Mentalbaldo. Is Wallander definitely going to be on next year? Can't wait for that then!

The last Krister Wallander was shown in Sweden in July so it's well overdue here.

BBC4 have also got the rights to another Swedish crime drama, Crime of Passion

http://www.sfinternational.se/Details.aspx?id=74a3f5e7-a476-e211-9b51-b8ac6f114281
  • Options
    JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    Top Gear on Dave and Only Fools on Gold. I've only seen every episode about 50 times so I'm looking forward to seeing more of it.
  • Options
    owl61ukowl61uk Posts: 3,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JimothyD wrote: »
    Top Gear on Dave and Only Fools on Gold. I've only seen every episode about 50 times so I'm looking forward to seeing more of it.

Just like me. Also looking forward to seeing, Storage Hunters and Man V Food also on DAVE.

And why has no one mentioned the greatest show on TV, SPLASH, with our Tom, having come out of the closet the ratings will be through the roof

Sorry can get to grips with this sarcasm thing
  • Options
    Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peter Capaldi's Doctor Who
    Sherlock
    The Chase (non-celebrity)
    The Musketeers

What's missing:
    Ripper Street!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    The last Krister Wallander was shown in Sweden in July so it's well overdue here.

BBC4 have also got the rights to another Swedish crime drama, Crime of Passion

http://www.sfinternational.se/Details.aspx?id=74a3f5e7-a476-e211-9b51-b8ac6f114281

Great, Wallander should be on at some point next year then :) Crimes of Passion was on my 'looking forward to' list, thanks for the link, V!
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Celebrity Big Brother on Friday at 9pm... Sorry for the haters :p

It will be here for a while due to highest ratings since 2010.
  • Options
    holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Les revenants - counting the minutes!
  • Options
    LauraLSLauraLS Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow. These suggestions prove nothing other than how dire British television has become. The Voice? Big Brother? Downton Abbey? Jesus...

I remember when Downton first came out and it was the thing to watch and now all of sudden it's unfashionable. Like Titanic. I like Downton and Titanic, but Big Brother FOR THE LOVE OF GOD REMOVE IT FROM OUR SCREENS. And who are the celebs this time, the winners of the last pleb Big Brother?
  • Options
    huxley1huxley1 Posts: 994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PhilH36 wrote: »
    I prefer to look forward to an announcement that Big Brother and its variants have been consigned to the reality crap dustbin of history where they should have gone years ago.

They already have, it's called Channel 5.
  • Options
    H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV are apparently remaking a epic drama based on Jason and the Argonauts to air in 2015.

Also new episodes of Thunderbirds are Go! on ITV
  • Options
    bebecatbebecat Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    Just The Fall and Broadchurch for me. Will watch Mr. Selfridge but kind of expect a let down.
  • Options
    Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Libitina wrote: »
    Excited for Sherlock, it's been a VERY long wait!

I loved the very first episode .....where they had titles over the dead bodies explaining his thought process but I seem to recall that they soon dropped that idea ..... Anyways I lost interest after about 10 minutes of the second series - I watch the rest of it but only as background .
  • Options
    JVDJVD Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dallas Season 3 on Channel 5 - I hope they don't cancel it after this season or worse half way , you can never tell by Channel 5 because they moved this show to a later time shortly after 3 episodes of season 2.

Other shows Once upon a Time but don't know who will pick this up because Channel 5 have dumped it i'm hoping they will treat Helix better when that starts in the new year.

Doctor Who on BBC One i'm also looking forward too I have high hopes for Capaldi being a fantastic doctor.

Revenge on E4 i really can't wait to see not long til that starts now :D
  • Options
    rkidrkid Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dans_t16s wrote: »
    Celebrity Big Brother, starts very soon.
    The Voice

You have got to be joking!:o:o:o
  • Options
    tiltonlandtiltonland Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    Not a mention for "Peaky Blinders",,,,,,,,surely one of the gems of 2013
  • Options
    mjdj1689mjdj1689 Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New Shuan The Sheep :D
  • Options