Options

Chuggers are going contactless

2»

Comments

• Options
    Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    Sweetums wrote: »
    All chuggers can just f*** off. A despicable practice that should be banned everywhere.

Same for door to door collecting, and phone calls.

I have got wonderful of totally ignoring them like they are invisible and silent.

That was until one decided to pass a rude comment when they couldn't get their way over me. I turn and made a full complaint to their manager.
  • Options
    AxtolAxtol Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    Turbulence wrote: »
    It's bad enough when they're standing in the middle of a main city centre street, then they walk over to meet you even though you've already stated clearly by veering that you don't want anything to do with them....

That's a very funny definition of "stating clearly". I don't veer off to the side when I need to clearly state something. If you're leading these people on into thinking that you will donate by coming out with reasons like "Oh I don't have any cash on me" then you can hardly blame them for being pushy; You've implied that you will donate if only this problem of not having cash could be solved. So any collector worth their salt is now going to bring up any non-cash donation options they have such as a direct debit. How are they meant to know that you are misleading them, and instead simply don't want to donate?

If I was one of these people I wouldn't be offended or think you were evil for not donating to charity. I appreciate that no every wants to, and some people can't even afford to, and it's not my place to judge you for whatever you chose to do. But I would prefer that you were honest from the start. If you have no intention of donating then let me know that. If you do want to donate but you don't have cash on you THEN it would be ok to say that you don't have cash, because I'll take that as my cue to bring up any direct debit donation options available.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Turbulence wrote: »
    It's bad enough when they're standing in the middle of a main city centre street, then they walk over to meet you even though you've already stated clearly by veering that you don't want anything to do with them....

But when they stand right next to the doorway of your favourite shops, and wait for the customers to come back out before making their move... oh hell no! >:(>:(>:(
    Even more sinister when they know what your favourite shops are