124»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    eduble wrote: »
    The kings speech

Same. Are we the ONLY two people in the world who haven't seen it?
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same. Are we the ONLY two people in the world who haven't seen it?

3. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    This is an interesting thread and i have to agree and disagree with the titles people have mentioned.

I certainly agree with the fact that if a movie is hyped and promoted too much it doesnt always encourage me to see it. I didnt see Avatar or Slumdog for ages and they are ok films, nothing more.

I sat thought the Lord of the Rings movies and i really dont know why. Same with the Twilight films. Waste of time all of them.

However Shawshank is a must see in my opinion (but with the nature of this thread i know you wont rush to see it, lol).

Looking down Best Picture Oscar nominated movies, I cant see i will ever want to watch War Horse, Brokeback, Kings Speech, The Iron Lady, Moulin Rouge, SeaBiscuit, Million Dollar Baby, The Queen, Atonement, to name a few.
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brokeback Mountain. I have no desire to see a film about forbidden gay cowboy love.
  • Options
    abigail1234abigail1234 Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even my OH said Kings Speech was "very good" and as he is super-critical of any modern film, that is high praise indeed.

I agree with those who said the Blair Witch Project. It was hyped as being super-scary and I found it laughable. What a load of hype! Get in a tent, shake the hand-held camera about in the dark and heigh-ho: a scary movie :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    Black Swan. It's supposed to be brilliant, but from all I've heard, I have the feeling I'd hate it. I'm very open-minded about films, so perhaps if it was to be played on tv I may check it out, but up until now I've never felt compelled to buy it.
  • Options
    SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    I'm a huge fan of rock music, but I have had This Is Spinal Tap on dvd for around 6 years and I have tried to watch it on probably 7-8 different occasions, but I just can't get into it. Think the longest I got into it was 35 minutes. Some of the songs are cool, but I'm just really bored when I watch it.
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Black Swan. It's supposed to be brilliant, but from all I've heard, I have the feeling I'd hate it. I'm very open-minded about films, so perhaps if it was to be played on tv I may check it out, but up until now I've never felt compelled to buy it.

Please don't waste two hours of your life watching this film, I beg you. It is the biggest pile of shite in cinematic history. Please just don't put yourself through it.
  • Options
    miss_zeldamiss_zelda Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Curious Case of Benjamin Button doesn't appeal to me. I'm sure it's an alright film and I keep meaning to give it a go, but I can never quite build up enough enthusiasm to stick it on.

I have no desire whatsoever to watch any of the Saw films either, not The Human Centipede. They look horrible! There was a time when such films would have been entertaining to me but I think my tastes have matured a bit!
    MsWilder11 wrote: »
    Usually any film that gets OTT positive hype. It puts me right off. Slumdog Millionaire is a case in point for me. I got sick of seeing the adverts for it because they were on every 5 minutes, and all it got was gushing reviews saying how amazing it was. Now it could be a very good film, but because it was rammed down my throat so much I deliberately avoided it.

I was the same with Slumdog Millionaire. I thought that since it got so many good reviews it was bound to be rubbish. The name put me off too, I thought it was going to be a bit of a stupid, light hearted comedy film. It is actually really brilliant though and I'm glad I've watched it, I now rate it as one of my favourite films.
  • Options
    SummeririsSummeriris Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There were so many trailers on TV when 'The Dark Knight' came out it just put me off seeing it. I felt like I had been forced to sit through it for days on end. I still haven't watched it. 'The Black Swan' just doesn't appeal to me despite being a ballet lover. 'Slumdog Millionaire' the opportunity passed me by.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Twilight series

Mr. Bean's TV and movies

Secret Window

Babel

Street Kings

For the last three, I watched a couple of minutes and quitted.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    Please don't waste two hours of your life watching this film, I beg you. It is the biggest pile of shite in cinematic history. Please just don't put yourself through it.

That bad? Haha. It's never appealed to me, so I'll most likely continue to avoid it!
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    War Horse - The concept just seems so mind numbingly dull & I can't believe it will be anywhere near as good as the hype.

Slumdog Millionaire - I've still not seen this & I must say that I probably won't bother, because I just cannot see it being as good as the hype.

Titanic - Fifteen years on & I'm still not up for this. It sounds far too soppy, plus we all know what happens, so what is the point?