Options

Tipping Point is the worst quiz show

Comments

• Options
    The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Yet it gets 3 million viewers in primetime, and 2 million in daytime. People seem to like it. At least the format isn't hard to get your head around.

I wouldn't say the questions are much dumbed down, and multiple choice appears in a lot of these shows.

There's a hell of a lot of bored housewives, people on benefits, people on the sick and general chavvy layabouts who like their daytime tv shows nice and simple and spoonfed and ITV seems to cater very well for those who like everything dumbed down and covered in fake tan an glitter. The fact it gets so many viewers probably says a lot about today's society in general.
  • Options
    rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love it

Pointless has to be the worst
  • Options
    hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they should've shown what the outcome would've been had she played on there.
  • Options
    scorpionatthepcscorpionatthepc Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    Makes me laugh when Ben says 'lateral movement'. Surely that has something to do with moving your bowels?
  • Options
    square_eyessquare_eyes Posts: 7,559
    Forum Member
    Its a great little show that has built quite a following.

'Ghost drops'

'Riders'

'Lateral movement'

Whats not to love ?
  • Options
    mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Noting how the counters make a lot of noise in celebrity versions and hardly any noise in the public shows. Whether they were filmed before the celebrity ones and the added microphones to the machine.
  • Options
    R VR V Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    What's worse then watching tipping point? Being in the audience watching tipping point.

There is no audience. How do I know? I'm on it Friday 28th...:)
  • Options
    Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    New series started yesterday I see, and back to repeats of The Chase.
  • Options
    TiwttmosTiwttmos Posts: 2,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's on at the same time as Deal Or No Deal, so i've only seen one or two episodes.
  • Options
    albion-mad-nickalbion-mad-nick Posts: 4,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good grief, that Nicole is one of the most irritating people I've seen on TV.
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm quite suspicious of the show. When there are celebrities on the coins drop over occasionally when they are not pushed, I think they speed the machine up slightly?
  • Options
    newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    Dunno about it being the worst, The Chase gets that crown as far as I'm concerned, different strokes :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get real. Its not as shit as pointless and chase.
  • Options
    Jejade05Jejade05 Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    :cry:Nicole was the most irritating person I have EVER seen on TV. She acted thick and cute but was really clever. I wonder how anyone can live with that woman, I only saw her for an hour and I was stressed.
  • Options
    RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    R V wrote: »
    There is no audience. How do I know? I'm on it Friday 28th...:)

I hope you did well.
    Jejade05 wrote: »
    :cry:Nicole was the most irritating person I have EVER seen on TV. She acted thick and cute but was really clever. I wonder how anyone can live with that woman, I only saw her for an hour and I was stressed.

She was irritating. Didn't think she was clever, just lucky.

I like Tipping Point and Pointless.

That Twisters game show was terrible and Perfection is awful (only lasted one episode of that)
  • Options
    LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    I love it

Pointless has to be the worst

This!
    I don't mind Tipping Point actually.
  • Options
    LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member

No way! The Chase is excellent.
  • Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No way! The Chase is excellent.

Just shows how we all differ.

I love The Chase, and Tipping point, but have to say that Pointless is nearly as boring as Deal or no Deal.

As regarding Nicole being lucky, frankly I think she was far more intelligent than she made out, and thought her "personality" was put on.
  • Options
    TheAuburnEnigmaTheAuburnEnigma Posts: 17,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nicole has been on other game shows over the years, and did the exact same 'act stupid when actually clever' routine on all of them:

Catchphrase (won a couple of grand but not the main prize iirc)
    Dirty Money (think she was the final player but didn't win)
    Who Wants to be a Millionaire (this is what I first saw her on, she went away with either 64k or 125k)

Really hoped she wouldn't win :)
  • Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nicole has been on other game shows over the years, and did the exact same 'act stupid when actually clever' routine on all of them:

Cheers for that.

Never saw her before as I never watch those shows, but its good to know I had got her "character" right.
  • Options
    R VR V Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    Jejade05 wrote: »

A ploy used by many to get on any Davina McCall quiz or In It To Win It with the lovely Dale. Played brilliantly by one chap on IITWI who answered every question correctly apart from the last one and blew £100,000...or did he win it? Anyway he never let that stupid ball selector machine run once :)
  • Options
    emily67emily67 Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    tipping point is crap

sorry for the language... but seriously. a quiz show based on trying to get tocans out of an arcade machine... i've given up with it
  • Options
    Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Love that you say "get real" then list the two most currently successful game shows as the worst... Irony in motion! :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    they're all rubbish !
    I say bring back a real quiz show like 15-1
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Tipping Point is so slow/boring & tedious, it's practically a visual sleep-aid. I'm yawning just thinking about it.