Options

Mad Dogs Series 4 ... The Finale ..... SKY1... Saturday 28th December 9pm

Comments

• Options
    Banks246Banks246 Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still don't know who that African kid was he kept seeing!? The eye he found in the toilet....
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Daily mail review is up Jim Shelly not impressed with the ending
  • Options
    LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 365
    Forum Member
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    Daily mail review is up Jim Shelly not impressed with the ending

The bigger mystery is - what does impress the daily mail :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    Banks246 wrote: »
    I still don't know who that African kid was he kept seeing!? The eye he found in the toilet....

I'm assuming the eye was some foreshadowing & that he got shot in the eye *shrugs*

'Road to Nowhere' which is exactly what they were on. In general & not just the end scene.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sorry but their is soooo much left unexplained. I know some people like it but it:s not for me.
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't watch any episodes of mad dogs so it doesn't bother me, I was gonna buy the boxset but don't think ill bother now reading your comments about the final episode
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm sorry but their is soooo much left unexplained. I know some people like it but it:s not for me.

Someones got to ask, what was left unexplained?
  • Options
    laurence1870laurence1870 Posts: 213
    Forum Member
    LaFleur wrote: »
    But it is clear - they got shot! The last bit whether a delusion of them passing over is the only bit open for discussion, the car was in a different place, suddenly had fuel, doors were all open, cars over took them on the road, a 2nd baxter - non of that was real

Ok, so they all got shot - end of. And you're happy with that? Four characters who we've got to know over four series who were decent, innocent blokes just get shot in the head whilst wheelchair villain and all the Tinys get away with it. That's just as bad, if not worse!
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I,d also like to know what they were all about :confused:
  • Options
    Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Wtf was that ending all about?
    Very strange. Left feeling a little disappointed after enjoying the previous series.

I came in to say the same!!
  • Options
    RobbomanRobboman Posts: 848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I first saw that this was coming on, and who was in it, I tuned in. Episode after episode, series after series, I just couldn't wait to see the next one.

I couldn't really put my finger on why, because after watching that last episode I'm left feeling exactly the same as I have been after all the others.

What a load of crap.

Great actors, great setting(s), great idea, awful script writing.
  • Options
    JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    I didn't watch any episodes of mad dogs so it doesn't bother me

Good input.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Funnily enough I do feel a touch of ashes to ashes as the ending so Philip glennister must be used to this by now
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didnt watch ashes to ashes but the ending did remind me of LOST
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Pub?

PUB!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ok, so they all got shot - end of. And you're happy with that? Four characters who we've got to know over four series who were decent, innocent blokes just get shot in the head whilst wheelchair villain and all the Tinys get away with it. That's just as bad, if not worse!

Unfortunately some times the bad guys do win! Yes we did grow to love the main 4 but ultimately they also killed, stole and profiteered from drugs
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I only caught the 2nd part & not a lot of the 3rd series bcos that was way too weird. Who was the guy in the wheelchair??
  • Options
    HumidHumid Posts: 1,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See the pyramids along the Nile
    Watch the sunrise on a tropic isle
    Just remember darlin' all the while
    You belong to me

See the market place in Old Algiers
    Send me photographs and souvenirs
    Just remember when a dream appears
    You belong to me
  • Options
    Forum Member
    DieselDiva wrote: »
    I only caught the 2nd part & not a lot of the 3rd series bcos that was way too weird. Who was the guy in the wheelchair??

A guy they ran over in the first series who was shooting at them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Rich_L wrote: »
    A guy they ran over in the first series who was shooting at them.

Ohhhh. I thought it might be. Thanks. Wouldn't have thought he would have the power. I figured he was just a hired hand.
  • Options
    JoooeJoooe Posts: 8,662
    Forum Member
    A brilliant 3 series. An odd as hell ending.

Still not sure whether I actually liked that finish or not.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 485
    Forum Member

Couldn't agree more!! I suddenly realised after Baxters' girlfriend got killed that they would all die and I just was not happy with that, Like Rick said, all this for a weekend away
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do think its one of those scenarios where you can't decide about the ending and a month or two down the line you will know where to place it in your favourite shows and endings
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LaFleur wrote: »
    Someones got to ask, what was left unexplained?

Where to start?

The African kid? Who was he that Rick kept seeing but know one else? What was the point? What was the eye?

How did this simple henchmen suddenly have all the power in the world?

And that's without a bizarre and confusing ending?
  • Options
    draig gochdraig goch Posts: 1,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched this from episode 1 and still don't know what to make of it after seeing the finale.

Some real edge of the seat moments throughout, but still some "WTF ?" moments to go with it - much like the series as a whole.

That ending was a bit too "Young Ones" for me though - all that was missing was a giant poster of Cliff Richard...