Options

Scotland Decides - BBC Referendum Result Programme

Comments

• Options
    binarybinary Posts: 699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The not-Scotland BBC programme hasn't flagged up the fact that it's not being broadcast in Scotland, though I guess you could read between the lines that it's not the Scottish programme - the non-Scottish presenter and many non-Scots on the panel, Huw's introduction to "where we are" with the external view of the BBC Scotland HQ at Pacific Quay in Glasgow. But perhaps they should explicitly say so.

The STV programme appears to be being broadcast as-is on the ITV network across the UK.
  • Options
    Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason C wrote: »
    The set of the BBC National programme is very reminiscent of the sets of ITN's Election Night programmes of the late 90s/early 2000s when they staged them in the atrium of Grays Inn Road.
    It's not so much a set as the open-plan area of the Pacific Quay. It's quite good as a studio space, though - it's been used before for Newsnight Scotland and by-election coverage.
  • Options
    RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Turn over to BBC News Channel for Huw Edwards.

Typical. English people telling us what to do.........wish I voted yes now :D
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    binary wrote: »
    The not-Scotland BBC programme hasn't flagged up the fact that it's not being broadcast in Scotland, though I guess you could read between the lines that it's not the Scottish programme - the non-Scottish presenter and many non-Scots on the panel, Huw's introduction to "where we are" with the external view of the BBC Scotland HQ at Pacific Quay in Glasgow. But perhaps they should explicitly say so.

The STV programme appears to be being broadcast as-is on the ITV network across the UK.

Technicality that it still broadcasted in Scotland on BBC News Channel.
  • Options
    Ian CleverlyIan Cleverly Posts: 10,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mainly watching S4C, but I've just switched to ITV/STV.

A 12 hour clock. Really?
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Radiogram wrote: »
    Typical. English people telling us what to do.........wish I voted yes now :D

I think yes will do very well tonight.
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Radiogram wrote: »
    Glenn Campbell. He refereed the second debate and was awful in my opinion. Let both leaders run riot.
    Walkerburn Lineman. :p:blush:
  • Options
    RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

God forbid.
  • Options
    BosoxBosox Posts: 14,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Exit polls suggest comfortable victory for No, more comfortable than the recent polls.

Edit: Actually technically not an 'Exit Poll' but a poll of 2,000 people who have voted found 54-46 victory for No.
  • Options
    DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bosox wrote: »
    Exit polls suggest comfortable victory for No, more comfortable than the recent polls.

Who are these exit polls asking though? there has been a record turn out I doubt they have polled enough people to get a definite answer.

Id say its a 50:50 chance that they have it right:D, as in the polls are just a chance of being right, I wont believe them, I will wait till the true result comes in!
  • Options
    mfrmfr Posts: 5,635
    Forum Member

There are no exit polls tonight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mfr wrote: »

True, see my edit above.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So these are just the other shabby polls they did on a small amount of people yesterday?
  • Options
    80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched the first 15 minutes.

Huw Edwards looked uneasy about having absolutely nothing really to talk about for the next few hours and Jeremy Vine was as annoying as ever!!

Just waffle & opinion
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is a YouGov poll released at 22.30 which says 54% NO 46% YES.
    Interesting that Sky News are quoting it freely, while the BBC seem to be avoiding it like the plague.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting that Sky News are quoting it freely, while the BBC seem to be avoiding it like the plague.

Thats wise of the BBC it could be wrong and then they would get stick!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lotrjw wrote: »
    So these are just the other shabby polls they did on a small amount of people yesterday?

2,000 people is not a small sample for polling and it's asking people how they actually voted not how they intend to vote so it's more significant than a normal poll.
  • Options
    mfrmfr Posts: 5,635
    Forum Member

That's not an exit poll. They re-polled their panel. There's lot of questions about how robust their methodology is - not least because it's internet based.

The BBC in Scotland have mentioned it several times.
  • Options
    TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any prediction done today is no more accurate than one done yesterday.

The reason is because the pollsters must extrapolate from a small sample, and it's that extrapolation that is dodgy because this is a unique situation.
  • Options
    BlizzardUKBlizzardUK Posts: 4,965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is David Dimbleby not doing the broadcast ?

Also ANY channels with coverage that don't have an annoying ticker on screen ?
  • Options
    RedOrDead36RedOrDead36 Posts: 1,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YouGov have spoiled the result for us. Shame, but at least we can go to bed early.
  • Options
    StuntyStunty Posts: 45,851
    Forum Member

Edit: Actually technically not an 'Exit Poll' but a poll of 2,000 people who have voted found 54-46 victory for No.

Huw Edwards stated but 15 minutes ago that there were no 'Exit Polls' as there was no way that it could be accurate.

Immediately You Gov comes up with a 'sort of' Exit Poll.:p

How will keep this going, talking about a result that they don't know, and that they won't know for at least another 6 hours ........ it's going to be a long night!! :o:D
  • Options
    AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This show is rather pointless given that it's game over already! Social media has changed the way these things work.
  • Options
    StuntyStunty Posts: 45,851
    Forum Member
    BlizzardUK wrote: »
    Why is David Dimbleby not doing the broadcast ?

Also ANY channels with coverage that don't have an annoying ticker on screen ?

Huw Edwards is far better than Dimbers, and he's Welsh.

All Celts together Scotland ........ I hope you stay with us. ;-):(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tassium wrote: »
    Any prediction done today is no more accurate than one done yesterday.

The reason is because the pollsters must extrapolate from a small sample, and it's that extrapolation that is dodgy because this is a unique situation.

Not true because now they are asking people how they actually voted rather than how they intend to vote.

And 2,000 people is not a small sample for polling.