13»

Comments

• Options
    PrimalIcePrimalIce Posts: 2,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So your opening post where you said
    LucianB wrote: »
    Now I'm all for sexual eqaulity and so on, but boxing?....eeerrrr..I dunno.

was a complete lie then wasnt it?

what is should have read was
    Women boxing? Whats that all about! Women are to dainty and lack the intellectual capacity to do the things that men do. They should stay at home and do the housework and push out babies leave men's business to the men!

That's would have been a much more accurate depiction of how you feel about women would it not?
  • Options
    bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you lot thick or what? How can you not get what I'm saying lol

We get what you're saying. We just disagree with it.
  • Options
    LucianBLucianB Posts: 569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PrimalIce wrote: »
    So your opening post where you said

was a complete lie then wasnt it?

what is should have read was

That's would have been a much more accurate depiction of how you feel about women would it not?
    What's a womens intelect got to do with boxing? lol...now I see what your problem is lol. You need to get rid of that chip on your shoulder. Go fight your crusade elsewhere and stop venting your frustrations out on me. :D

End of conversation, you....you....angry at inequality person lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is tons of info on the subject of desensitisation. Look it up, you have google.

Well if women are equal to men then all I need is a boxing ring to beat the shit out of as many women as I like? cool.

You're making these statements, you back it up otherwise one could only assume you're pissing in the wind.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How can I control my feelings lol? I can say and do anything, but how can I control how I feel? Are you the though police or something? Are you telling me what I should and shouldn't think and feel?

I worded that wrong, I meant you're entitled to feel how you like.

Your still dodging answering the question, is it or is it not fine for men to beat each other up but not women?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is tons of info on the subject of desensitisation. Look it up, you have google.

No I want you to show research as you have claimed. You cannot take research into one thing and the randomly say it applies to something else. And you made the claim, so bring it. You obviously cant because you made it up.
    Well if women are equal to men then all I need is a boxing ring to beat the shit out of as many women as I like? cool.

You think beating the shit out of women is cool? You are just waiting for society to OK it, that's what you are saying?

Because to make the statement above as being against women's boxing you obviously cannot tell the difference between two women boxing and a man and a woman boxing?

Oh wait that does seem to be what you are saying doesn't it:
    The only reason a lot of men don't hit women is because it's frowned upon in society.

Are you one of those men?

BTW I think you would actually need some women to go into the boxing ring, as well as the ring itself. Over in "my" society we would not force women into the ring with you, is that the same in "your" society (whatever that is)?
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the one hand women are often expected to bear children. Going through the exruciating pain of child birth which has killed women in the past. On the other women going into a boxing ring getting a little beaten and bloody.

Why is one highly acceptable and the other not?
  • Options
    Conor the BoldConor the Bold Posts: 1,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D

Seriously t think you need an outlet. This fixation about inflicting violence on somebody isn't pleasant for you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's a womens intelect got to do with boxing?

Well you dont seem to feel that women are capable of making an informed choice on that matter.
    lol...now I see what your problem is lol.

Yes, you brought a lot of bullshit and I dont have a big enough field to put it in.
    You need to get rid of that chip on your shoulder. Go fight your crusade elsewhere and stop venting your frustrations out on me. :D

What chip and what crusade? Are you just saying random things now? Your ability to make sense started off poor and has just gotten worse.
    End of conversation, you....you....angry at inequality person lol

Wow. That's a fantastic comeback.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I worded that wrong, I meant you're entitled to feel how you like.

Your still dodging answering the question, is it or is it not fine for men to beat each other up but not women?
    I'm not sure how I feel about women fighting but I'm guessing I wont like it. I enjoy watching men fight because thats just how I feel and I don't know why.:confused:

Its like being accused of being homophobic because I dont want to take it up the ass. I cant help how I feel, but if thats what they want to do then whatever, it's their business.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't for the life of me see a way that this thread could get more hilarious than it already is.
  • Options
    Conor the BoldConor the Bold Posts: 1,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure how I feel about women fighting but I'm guessing I wont like it. I enjoy watching men fight because thats just how I feel and I don't know why.:confused:

Its like being accused of being homophobic because I dont want to take it up the ass. I cant help how I feel, but if thats what they want to do then whatever, it's their business.

Then don't go...and get back to thinking up ideas that will let you "beat the shit" out of women...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PrimalIce wrote: »
    Well you dont seem to feel that women are capable of making an informed choice on that matter.

Yes, you brought a lot of bullshit and I dont have a big enough field to put it in.

What chip and what crusade? Are you just saying random things now? Your ability to make sense started off poor and has just gotten worse.

Wow. That's a fantastic comeback.
    Ok, mate. Anyway eastenders is on now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Then don't go...and get back to thinking up ideas that will let you "beat the shit" out of women...
    lol. ok, will do.
  • Options
    Forum Member

If they agree to it then yes, that is boxing. There is no problem with you competing in a sport against someone who is consenting.

It's true that women are not equal to men in terms of average strength, but that is not the point. Equality is not based on how people actually are, but how we treat them.

If you are uneasy about women fighting but not men then that just means you're not thinking of the genders as equal. You can't try to say everyone else is in the wrong when it's simply your own gender-biased opinion that is causing the conflict here.

You are not all for gender equality as you claim you are. Something can't truly be considered equal if there are exceptions being made.