Options

I used to like Matt....now I don't

Comments

• Options
    Candy StoreCandy Store Posts: 5,125
    Forum Member
    Selena wrote: »
    So? Matt's not Danyl. You can't know how someone is going to do something if they haven't had he chance to yet.

Did I say that?

I was just saying be careful what you wish for. It all came crashing down in Danyl's fans' faces.

You're right though. Matt's not Danyl. Very definitely not.
  • Options
    BabsefcBabsefc Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's this 'serious or passionate' about music guff.

I'm not in my 20s-30s and definitely don't like James Blunt. I would buy Matts album and so would my daughter who is 20s-30s, doesn't like James Blunt and is very serious about her music. Last week she went to see the Googoo Dolls and next year is going to see the Foos, jimmy Eat World and Take That.

What was the last concert you went to, Mr X?
  • Options
    MithMarrMithMarr Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_X_123 wrote: »
    During auditions I quite liked him. He wasn't my favourite but I could see his appeal. I quite liked his attitude and the fact he was giving it one last shot.

But since the competition started for real he's become James Blunt Mk II for me.

He's singing purely for 20 and 30 something women who don't really get "passionate" about music but see it as something to put on in the car or have as background music to a romantic meal.

He's plugging away at the "Blunt" market and has done very well and turning himself into an irritating, whiny, arrogant prixxx.

He will do well and possibly be liked for a few months then will end up like Blunt, the source of ridicule on even really cool *snigger* shows like HIGNFY.

PMSL :D you are so funny but not as funny as you are egotistical.

You see, your opinion is your opinion and therefor completely valid, however you have to understand that you do not speak for the rest of the United Kingdom.

I dont think you know as much about music as you like to think you do because you are lumping artists together in a multi amalgimation according to you. I am not a James Blunt fan but a massive Matt fan. There is a massive difference so pop off now and do a bit of research or something.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Or maybe Dannii allowed Aiden to stay true to his taste but won't let Matt. ;)

Why exactly would she/they do that?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MithMarr wrote: »

You see, your opinion is your opinion and therefor completely valid, however you have to understand that you do not speak for the rest of the United Kingdom

Neither do Matt fans but they seem to think he has this in the bag.
  • Options
    SelenaSelena Posts: 29,605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why exactly would she/they do that?

I love Dannii but she does have a habit of sticking contestants into genres and picking similar songs for them. ie. Ballads for Stacey, it even took Ruth two times being in the singoff for Dannii to realise that she performed Rock best.
  • Options
    liz83liz83 Posts: 6,398
    Forum Member

Do we?:confused: I didnt know I thought that. Thanks. I feel much happier now :)
  • Options
    MithMarrMithMarr Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Wrong - you would not have a music scene at all if you can't appreciate that different people like different music and artists. I can, can you ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm a Matt fan and don't think he has it in the bag

once again you're generalising and speaking for others just like you aways state your opinions as being fact
  • Options
    SelenaSelena Posts: 29,605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

We certainly don't. I think a lot of us think that Simon wants a One Direction or Rebecca win.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,450
    Forum Member
    Or maybe Dannii allowed Aiden to stay true to his taste but won't let Matt. ;)

If it is the case, Matt ought to stick up for himself, and I believe that Dannii is open to discussion.

Alternatively it's the producers and he hasn't got a say about it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    diamond1 wrote: »
    I'm a Matt fan and don't think he has it in the bag

once again you're generalising and speaking for others just like you aways state your opinions as being fact

Actually what I do is back up my opinions with fact. I don't confuse the two but I use facts to form an informed rather than emotion-based opinion.

By the way, if you're going to quote T&Cs at me as you have on another thread, may I remind you that chasing other members around threads is tantamount to goading and not exactly smiled upon and using a contestants' appreciation thread to slag off other contestants, as is often happening on Matt's thread, is also against the T&Cs.
  • Options
    Mr_X_123Mr_X_123 Posts: 1,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Babsefc wrote: »
    What's this 'serious or passionate' about music guff.

I'm not in my 20s-30s and definitely don't like James Blunt. I would buy Matts album and so would my daughter who is 20s-30s, doesn't like James Blunt and is very serious about her music. Last week she went to see the Googoo Dolls and next year is going to see the Foos, jimmy Eat World and Take That.

What was the last concert you went to, Mr X?

My God your daughter is really on the cutting edge of music there.

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Mr_X_123Mr_X_123 Posts: 1,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MithMarr wrote: »

You see, your opinion is your opinion and therefor completely valid, however you have to understand that you do not speak for the rest of the United Kingdom.

I dont think you know as much about music as you like to think you do because you are lumping artists together in a multi amalgimation according to you. I am not a James Blunt fan but a massive Matt fan. There is a massive difference so pop off now and do a bit of research or something.

Base it on the live shows. Can you tell me the difference between the covers Matt has done and what Blunt would do?

They both use Falsetto, they both sing songs aimed mainly at women and they both have that slightly soppy smug air about them.

Whats the difference? I can't see it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually what I do is back up my opinions with fact. I don't confuse the two but I use facts to form an informed rather than emotion-based opinion.

By the way, if you're going to quote T&Cs at me as you have on another thread, may I remind you that chasing other members around threads is not exactly smiled upon.

responding to two of your posts is hardly chasing .. lol

and we'll agree to disagree on the first point

I'll try not to boher responding to any more of your posts in the future if you think I'm hounding you :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My God your daughter is really on the cutting edge of music there.

:rolleyes:

Don't be mean :D
  • Options
    SugarNSpiceSugarNSpice Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I first heard Matt singing, James Blunt came to mind. They have similar tones to their voices. I remember Shane Ward singing in similar tone to Matt when he was on XF 5 years ago, but the only difference with him and Matt is that Shane had more personality and and gave more variable performances rather than sounding samey every week.
  • Options
    OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,512
    Forum Member
    I don't like the way Matt sings falsetto like a very bad tone-less Art Garfunkel
  • Options
    Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If he releases an album of the stuff similar to what he's doing on X Factor who do you see buying it?

Cos I certainly can't see that many men or many teenagers or serious about music types being in the queue's to buy his albums can you?

Hope he'll release another album of 'stuff' like Darwyn personally. Sorry, I don't fit into your demographic either. Messes up your picture a bit, but there you go. :D
  • Options
    String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    liz83 wrote: »
    Im not in the Blunt market.:eek: Far from it. But I love Matts voice - he's the *sole* reason Im watching the show and when he goes I wont watch again. Yes he can rock it out and brilliantly too ( even if you dont want to access his pre show band stuff listen to the lines he sang in Sundays group song). I just hope Danni *cough* Cowell *cough* lets us see that.

I get though that as a Katie fan you're not going to like him whatever he does and thats fair enough given all the goings on:)

BTW has everyone forgotten his first show "When Love takes Over?" It was pretty uptempo and he certainly didnt implode.

He struggled.
  • Options
    tommygunnertommygunner Posts: 4,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    diamond1 wrote: »

Unlike members of the Cardle posse, who would never do such a thing...
    mazzamac2 wrote: »

Rebecca doesn't love music...

Matt's done nothing wicked in his life ...foolish maybe
    sometimes ......wicked never

Anyone who can write that statement knows absolutely zilch about creativity ....you're a pedant ..and a pedestrian pedant to boot
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If he releases an album of the stuff similar to what he's doing on X Factor who do you see buying it?

Cos I certainly can't see that many men or many teenagers or serious about music types being in the queue's to buy his albums can you?

He has been pigeon-holed on the X Factor. The thought that this is the kind of music he would release if signed is scary.
    His pre X Factor music with Darwyn and Seven Summers is a lot better.
  • Options
    Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,446
    Forum Member
    Blame the producers and the mentors if you don't like what you're seeing/hearing.
  • Options
    mitacondmitacond Posts: 105,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    During auditions I quite liked him. He wasn't my favourite but I could see his appeal. I quite liked his attitude and the fact he was giving it one last shot.

But since the competition started for real he's become James Blunt Mk II for me.

He's singing purely for 20 and 30 something women who don't really get "passionate" about music but see it as something to put on in the car or have as background music to a romantic meal.

He's plugging away at the "Blunt" market and has done very well and turning himself into an irritating, whiny, arrogant prixxx.

He will do well and possibly be liked for a few months then will end up like Blunt, the source of ridicule on even really cool *snigger* shows like HIGNFY.

Good he does not need fair weather fans.;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mitacond wrote: »
    Good he does not need fair weather fans.;)

He does, they all do because the core fanbase is always only a fair proportion of the people who vote or later buy the music, and so they need the casual fans.