Options

Pop!

Comments

• Options
    tomeetomee Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It appears that Pop may be on 24 hours a day on Freeview as it is now after 22.00 and it is staying going. You wonder how many children will be watching at this time of night they must have low audience figures.

The sky hours are 06:00-22:30 so it be interesting to see of it still on air after 22:30 i keep an eye on it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiny Pop Through the Night is on now till 0600 showing Oscar's Oasis.
  • Options
    chrisychrisy Posts: 9,419
    Forum Member
    Greebo wrote: »
    Simple answer- there is no public date for this, but in the next few months for sure.

26 June is the official on-air date.
  • Options
    GreeboGreebo Posts: 1,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chrisy wrote: »
    26 June is the official on-air date.
    Thanks Chrisy, which mux is this, or all three, or which local TV station, or all three? Do you have the source for this?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Greebo wrote: »
    Thanks Chrisy, which mux is this, or all three, or which local TV station, or all three? Do you have the source for this?

All three muxes (not the channels themselves).

Source: Ofcom. There's a basic text copy of the timetable here.
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't it be nice if pop showed old kids tv in the evenings.... Just a little dream.
  • Options
    dragon-itdragon-it Posts: 465
    Forum Member
    Wouldn't it be nice if pop showed old kids tv in the evenings.... Just a little dream.

More likely to turn into "Pop Tarts" or "Pop Shop" after a while?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dragon-it wrote: »

You might be right there.:(
  • Options
    EastEast Posts: 926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pop was removed from Virgin Media In Feb 2011 to make way for True Ent.
    I guess the money saved by not being on Virgin has been used for the Pop Freeview slot.
  • Options
    a516a516 Posts: 5,241
    Forum Member
    East wrote: »
    Pop was removed from Virgin Media In Feb 2011 to make way for True Ent.
    I guess the money saved by not being on Virgin has been used for the Pop Freeview slot.
    Since that happened True Entertainment itself launched on Freeview. So any money saved would have surely gone towards True Ent's Freeview capacity. Although unlikely as two years passed between the Virgin change and the addition of the first CSC Media channel on Freeview.
  • Options
    Forum Member

It can't become an adult channel, if that's what you're alluding to. It's in the terms and conditions of the licence fee funding for the roll-out of the local TV multiplex.
  • Options
    dragon-itdragon-it Posts: 465
    Forum Member
    a516 wrote: »
    It can't become an adult channel, if that's what you're alluding to. It's in the terms and conditions of the licence fee funding for the roll-out of the local TV multiplex.

I can't see there being a huge call for kids cartoons in the middle of the night mind, but with a kids tv channel 75 slot presumably restricted themselves to that unless they split the air time to another channel no. CBBC/BBC3 style?
  • Options
    BangersBangers Posts: 3,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

When POP launched all it did show was old kids programmes, so it obviously didn't work out for the channel.
  • Options
    Dean LambertDean Lambert Posts: 1,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No sign of it here, despite a retune.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No sign of it here, despite a retune.

The Local TV multiplex hasn't arrived in your area yet.
  • Options
    PriliclaPrilicla Posts: 583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pop needs sort out the old 4.3 aspect ratio programmes being squished !!!
  • Options
    duffman25duffman25 Posts: 966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    delete
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    does any one know when the Reigate area will get the local service or wont it be
  • Options
    Robert WilliamsRobert Williams Posts: 2,214
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duffman25 wrote: »
    does any one know when the Reigate area will get the local service or wont it be
    Reigate was one of the areas where Ofcom found that it would be "technically feasible" to launch a local service (see the list of 16 areas at the bottom of this article: http://www.theguardian.com/media/2012/may/10/ofcom-bids-local-tv-services ), but they have not as yet advertised a licence, and I can't really imagine them ever seeing such a licence as being financially viable.

However I'm not sure why they couldn't have extended the Guildford licence across to Reigate so it could have countywide coverage.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for that it would be a shame if it don't, it looks like all the new channels are going local so a lot of people will miss out.
  • Options
    kasgkasg Posts: 4,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duffman25 wrote: »
    Can you get a signal from Crystal Palace or do you use the Reigate transmitter? I can get the CP local mux down here.
  • Options
    Robert WilliamsRobert Williams Posts: 2,214
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kasg wrote: »
    Can you get a signal from Crystal Palace or do you use the Reigate transmitter? I can get the CP local mux down here.
    Where I am in Reigate you certainly can't get Crystal Palace (unless perhaps you put an aerial on a tall pole) due to the screening effect of the North Downs. There is 0% signal on channel 29 where I am.
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would be nice when the North East multiplex is rolled out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I can't see there being a huge call for kids cartoons in the middle of the night mind, but with a kids tv channel 75 slot presumably restricted themselves to that unless they split the air time to another channel no. CBBC/BBC3 style?

As they've apparently said it will only be on until 10pm, and there is now a licence for Chart Show TV, I wonder if we'll see the CBeebies/BBC4-style timesharing, with POP until 10pm and Chart Show TV overnight?

It may well be that POP is on 24hr currently simply because Comux haven't yet sorted out the facility to timeshare or show MHEG slides.
  • Options
    Alex_Davies1973Alex_Davies1973 Posts: 989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When does pop start on free view?