Forum Member
    *cough* gay brother *cough* ;)

I'd say more religious LOL
  • Options
    goldiefangoldiefan Posts: 721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JamesC81 wrote: »
    if you are indeed 11 then yeah great reply actually which i hadnt considered. people assume too much that young adults are thick and believe everything they see. i can think of many adults that are exactly that in fact. its probably more about the individual personality instead of age

I totally agree, Some of my friends are the people who are voting to keep one direction in... But some of us are mature. And it is about personality not age, someone who used to go to my school is 10, and tbh is very imature but another girl her age is very mature.

Oh amd btw to the person who said i wasn't a young adult, i know but i'll be a pre teen in may :)
  • Options
    ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    I didn't saw it, is there a video of this outrageousness?

So Far I've only found a video of her singing with Rebecca, and at the moment I'm just outraged at how bad Rebecca sounded next to Christina.
  • Options
    jagged_deathjagged_death Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Why, what's wrong with being gay jagged?

:rolleyes: Oh Abercrombie!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,168
    Forum Member
    I thought you only had a 10 year old sister, hardly your little girl.

If you don't want your kids to watch something then switch it off but frankly you don't have any right to enforce your morality on anyone else. If you want to do that, step up your own autocratic regime on a remote Scottish island because that's the only way it will happen.

(that was a diff poster with the 10 yr old sis.)

but abercrombie im pretty certain jagged thinks there is nothing wrong whatsoever with being gay ;)
  • Options
    Candy StoreCandy Store Posts: 5,125
    Forum Member
    winniebeer wrote: »
    she thought they looked like a pair of tits !:D

Or two pairs..............
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gav016 wrote: »
    I just struggle to see whats offensive. Or why children should be shielded from reality. Children shouldn't be brought up seeing sex as a taboo, surely all the repression just encourages rebellion later on.

As a 19 year old non-parent, I probably can't comment, but if I had children, there was nothing on the x factor I wouldn't want them seeing.

Gav - with respect this is not "reality" though is it? Do you know people who walk round in every day life wearing stuff like that?

If you had, say, a 4 year old daughter and she wanted black fishnet stockings, a pointy bra and suspender belt ... you'd think that was OK would you? When you're a parent you'll see!;)
  • Options
    abercrombieabercrombie Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought you only had a 10 year old sister, hardly your little girl.

If you don't want your kids to watch something then switch it off but frankly you don't have any right to enforce your morality on anyone else. If you want to do that, step up your own autocratic regime on a remote Scottish island because that's the only way it will happen.

What? I haven't got a sister??? always wanted one though:cry:

I'm not coming round to your house turning your telly off, i'm just voicing my opinion, which is what you are doing too.

Its not my fault that your morality is different than mine.
  • Options
    1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pop music always has been and always will be about sex, like it or not.
  • Options
    pixxyypixxyy Posts: 1,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My cousin who's 10 and her friends are all big X Factor fans, the only comments they made about Christina & Rhianna was how good the singing/dancing was. Not the 'sexy' outfits etc
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She has a right to teach her children right from wrong. A women is more than what's between her legs, her sexuality is not a measure of her worth, and pleasing perverts shouldn't be our #1 priority.

:eek: She can do what she likes but she can't tell other people what to do, even pervets have a right to their opinion to. These "perverts" might have kids too, don't they have a right to teach their kids their version of right and wrong?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,168
    Forum Member
    She has a right to teach her children right from wrong. A women is more than what's between her legs, her sexuality is not a measure of her worth, and pleasing perverts shouldn't be our #1 priority.

hmmm maybe....but how does a 3 minute performance say that that is ALL a woman is about? surely its just one of many aspects of being a woman....and it would be the parents job to make sure the kid knows this? :confused:
  • Options
    JamesC81JamesC81 Posts: 14,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its getting late isn't it? The point is that I don't want my little girl to be sexualised as much or as early as society would like her to be. I don't want her to think that crawling around on the floor with her arse in the air in her pants in public is acceptable behaviour.

I don't want my little boy to look at women and just see their flesh or their skin, to entertain his baser desires. I want him to see them as people with or without brians.

I didn't think that sort of stuff would be shown on tv on a family show, but it is because that is the way our society has gone and many people now think it is OK to see women as meat and to ridicule anyone who has an opposing view by making juvenile and facetious comments. So I as a parent reserve the right to switch over or off, and then moan about it roundly on a forum like this.

if i was a kid and had seen a performance which was similar to tonights, and i bet i most likely have, i would have forgotten about it by the next day and went back to playing outside or the occasional nintendo game. 8 year old kids are not sitting at home right now thinking how they'd like to 'do' rihanna because of what she was wearing. they would never even have noticed it. the fact that i'm approaching 30 now and must have witnessed, and not remembered, countless similar performances on mtv shows that kids have better things to think about at that age.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What? I haven't got a sister??? always wanted one though:cry:

I'm not coming round to your house turning your telly off, i'm just voicing my opinion, which is what you are doing too.

Its not my fault that your morality is different than mine.

You are saying that content shouldn't be on tv, therefore trying to enforce your morality on others.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,550
    Forum Member

Fancying adult women. OH THE PERVERSITY!!!!!! THE PERVERSITY!!!!!! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    winniebeerwinniebeer Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw a play about Mary Whitehouse a while back and how her moralising and homophobia resulted in the government being slow to do something about educating the public about threat of AIDS. Not sure how historically accurate it was but being ignorant about issues of sex isn't helpful. Those teenager who take chastity vow are ones most likely to have unprotected sex and get pregnant as teenagers than those who don't take those vows.
    !

Mary Whitehouse was from a different era - none of that stuff would happen now - kids nowadays are way WAY more savvy than we were

they have t'interweb
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JamesC81 wrote: »
    if i was a kid and had seen a performance which was similar to tonights, and i bet i most likely have, i would have forgotten about it by the next day and went back to playing outside or the occasional nintendo game. 8 year old kids are not sitting at home right now thinking how they'd like to 'do' rihanna because of what she was wearing. they would never even have noticed it. the fact that i'm approaching 30 now and must have witnessed, and not remembered, countless similar performances on mtv shows that kids have better things to think about at that age.

Unless they are more worried about their 15 year old daughters thinking about how they would like to "do" Xtina after her performance or Rihanna(more likely).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    evamoo wrote: »
    indeed....but how does a 3 minute performance say that that is ALL a woman is about? surely its just one of many aspects of being a woman....and it would be the parents job to make sure the kid knows this? :confused:

You must be unfamiliar with Christina. For her wedding toast she was telling everyone how big her husbands c/ck was :rolleyes: there's not much else to the girl but she did have an abusive upbringing, which explains a lot.
  • Options
    abercrombieabercrombie Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw a play about Mary Whitehouse a while back and how her moralising and homophobia resulted in the government being slow to do something about educating the public about threat of AIDS. Not sure how historically accurate it was but being ignorant about issues of sex isn't helpful. Those teenager who take chastity vow are ones most likely to have unprotected sex and get pregnant as teenagers than those who don't take those vows.

Oh dear, could someone please explain the birds and the bees to jagged please:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    winniebeer wrote: »
    !

Mary Whitehouse was from a different era - none of that stuff would happen now - kids nowadays are way WAY more savvy than we were

they have t'interweb

This is true but if some people got their way we would be back to that era. That said its pretty unlikely to happen, the ship has sailed and its not for turning.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    Rihanna and Christina were disgracefully sexual. Do pop stars really feel the need to do this? I know it sadly can sell records and make money but there are young children watching X Factor. I know Christina was doing it for a film but clealy the film and it's content wasn't suitable!
  • Options
    willywonkerwillywonker Posts: 16,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Frumps and Prudes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek: She can do what she likes but she can't tell other people what to do, even pervets have a right to their opinion to. These "perverts" might have kids too, don't they have a right to teach their kids their version of right and wrong?

Yes they do and that's why we have criminals.
  • Options
    JamesC81JamesC81 Posts: 14,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

yes in fact christina and to a slightly lesser extent rihanna both sang well tonight
  • Options
    Candy StoreCandy Store Posts: 5,125
    Forum Member
    You must be unfamiliar with Christina. For her wedding toast she was telling everyone how big her husbands c/ck was :rolleyes: there's not much else to the girl but she did have an abusive upbringing, which explains a lot.

You're embarrassing yourself.