Options

Just too Sexual

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the only thing wrong with Christina was her manky hair!
    Someone please send her some conditioner
  • Options
    JamesC81JamesC81 Posts: 14,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ibeca wrote: »
    You think an 11 year old is a young adult?

i didnt want to come across patronizing by calling them a kid ;) seeing as they made such a reasoned reply i only felt it right to refer to their post and comment on how mature they seemed. of course maybe thats seen as patronizing too ;)
  • Options
    JB220706JB220706 Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    You assume it a "family show", perhapse you should pre-view the show before letting your children watch it instead of assuming.
    Have you been in the shops lately???? Those X Factor headbands and bobbles aren't for me!
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smartie 33 wrote: »
    Christina and Rhianna - it's just disgusting. It's meant to be a family show.

I'm glad you said that! I was reading an article very recently about how very young girls (primary school age) are believing this is the way all women should act and dress.

Strip joints, adults shows etc ... I don't have a problem with at all but this IS supposed to be a family show and is on a Saturday evening when impressionable kids are likely to be watching.

My friend works in a primary school and they are constantly having to suggest their girls of 7 and 8 refrain from "pole dancing" and sexy dancing in the playground. They have also had girls of 10 coming in wearing tight mini skirts and high heeled boots. They look just like hookers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    Hubby and me just knew someone(s) :cool: would have a moan about the performances from the guest ladies:D I thought both were ok, although I know they were before the watershed. OOh bet Mary Whitehouse would have been turning in her grave. God bless her soul..
  • Options
    abercrombieabercrombie Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its getting late isn't it? The point is that I don't want my little girl to be sexualised as much or as early as society would like her to be. I don't want her to think that crawling around on the floor with her arse in the air in her pants in public is acceptable behaviour.

I don't want my little boy to look at women and just see their flesh or their skin, to entertain his baser desires. I want him to see them as people with or without brians.

I didn't think that sort of stuff would be shown on tv on a family show, but it is because that is the way our society has gone and many people now think it is OK to see women as meat and to ridicule anyone who has an opposing view by making juvenile and facetious comments. So I as a parent reserve the right to switch over or off, and then moan about it roundly on a forum like this.
  • Options
    jagged_deathjagged_death Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    No, it's when she classed it up and won all the grammys. Dirrty was a great album if you forget about the first single.

Was that her 50's glam style era?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JB220706 wrote: »
    Have you been in the shops lately???? Those X Factor headbands and bobbles aren't for me!

Assuming again. Who do you think Mary was appealing to?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gav016 wrote: »
    I just struggle to see whats offensive. Or why children should be shielded from reality. Children shouldn't be brought up seeing sex as a taboo, surely all the repression just encourages rebellion later on.

As a 19 year old non-parent, I probably can't comment, but if I had children, there was nothing on the x factor I wouldn't want them seeing.

That Sir or Madam is the truth.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was that her 50's glam style era?

Yes Back To Basics, it's a great album.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,345
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't say it was sexual, it was just plain uncomfortable and cringy :o
  • Options
    JamesC81JamesC81 Posts: 14,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your comment about 11 year olds being adults speaks volumes. I always thought DS was filled with trolls, looks like there's something else in the water.

totally incorrect, they made a comment from someone so young which was far more mature than from any of yours i;ve seen in this thread and i was complimenting them for that. it was really quite impressive if as they say they are 11.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Its getting late isn't it? The point is that I don't want my little girl to be sexualised as much or as early as society would like her to be. I don't want her to think that crawling around on the floor with her arse in the air in her pants in public is acceptable behaviour.

I don't want my little boy to look at women and just see their flesh or their skin, to entertain his baser desires. I want him to see them as people with or without brians.

I didn't think that sort of stuff would be shown on tv on a family show, but it is because that is the way our society has gone and many people now think it is OK to see women as meat and to ridicule anyone who has an opposing view by making juvenile and facetious comments. So I as a parent reserve the right to switch over or off, and then moan about it roundly on a forum like this.

I thought you only had a 10 year old sister, hardly your little girl.

If you don't want your kids to watch something then switch it off but frankly you don't have any right to enforce your morality on anyone else. If you want to do that, step up your own autocratic regime on a remote Scottish island because that's the only way it will happen.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    My younger brother was watching and left the room saying 'this is digusting' to Rihanna's performance. I was just glaring and her FLIPPIN LEGS WOAH.

I'm a straight female btw, just had to let that out.
  • Options
    The Steel FlippThe Steel Flipp Posts: 4,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JB220706 wrote: »
    Facts first - 32, married with a 2 year old. (A-hem!) The X Factor is marketed as a family show and should ensure that they behave like one. I wasn't offended at seeing Rhianna, Xtina and friends being raunchy but I do not think it is appropriate for a programme aimed at all ages.

And even if the dancing was borderline - I don't think Rhianna and her "poo na-na" was anywhere near acceptable!

I am sure that teenagers can see a lot worse than that on the internet when thier parents aren't watching them and can turn off the parential controls. Most kids today are not that innocent and would find Rihanna and Christina quite tame in comparrison. I did enjoy both and anyway most of Christina's routine was nicked from Cabaret, a film that is almost 40 years old.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    LoveBug. wrote: »
    My younger brother was watching and left the room saying 'this is digusting' to Rihanna's performance. I was just glaring and her FLIPPIN LEGS WOAH.

*High five*
  • Options
    abercrombieabercrombie Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Write to Disney right now "Mary Poppins Made Me Gay!!!". Lets get the video pulled off the shelves right away.

Why, what's wrong with being gay jagged?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,550
    Forum Member
    LoveBug. wrote: »

*cough* gay brother *cough* ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like I've been transported to America and a year back in time.
  • Options
    winniebeerwinniebeer Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    my 15 year old daughter thought they both looked like a pair of hookers and said "OMG"!! amd lots of other abreviated things - she's not abou to go out dressed like that - she thought they looked like a pair of tits !:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,550
    Forum Member
    I thought it was utter filth. Loved it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like I've been transported to America and a year back in time.

OOO What happened then Acashoonhay?

Oh you edited it :(.
  • Options
    JB220706JB220706 Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    Assuming again. Who do you think Mary was appealing to?

Fair do's hair bobbles could be for everyone. But kids-size X Factor clothing suggests marketing to families to me. Oh and if it's not a family show - why put it on primetime saturday night opposite Strictly???? Put it on after 9 and get the real target audience!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lils wrote: »
    Hubby and me just knew someone(s) :cool: would have a moan about the performances from the guest ladies:D I thought both were ok, although I know they were before the watershed. OOh bet Mary Whitehouse would have been turning in her grave. God bless her soul..

I saw a play about Mary Whitehouse a while back and how her moralising and homophobia resulted in the government being slow to do something about educating the public about threat of AIDS. Not sure how historically accurate it was but being ignorant about issues of sex isn't helpful. Those teenager who take chastity vow are ones most likely to have unprotected sex and get pregnant as teenagers than those who don't take those vows.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought you only had a 10 year old sister, hardly your little girl.

If you don't want your kids to watch something then switch it off but frankly you don't have any right to enforce your morality on anyone else. If you want to do that, step up your own autocratic regime on a remote Scottish island because that's the only way it will happen.

She has a right to teach her children right from wrong. A women is more than what's between her legs, her sexuality is not a measure of her worth, and pleasing perverts shouldn't be our #1 priority.