Options

Old Capital FM DJ's and where they are today?

2»

Comments

• Options
    CapitalLifeCapitalLife Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GeorgeS wrote: »
    John Sachs - where did he go? Used to be on Radio 2 Sunday Love Songs (much better than Wright :rolleyes:) and was the voice of Gladiators wasnt he?

He was running an agency last thing I heard, I had to do a VO session with him once for Holiday FM.
  • Options
    CapitalLifeCapitalLife Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bingoman wrote: »
    Does anyone remember Clare Ashford she was on Capital in the Early 90s and left in the mid to late 90s:confused:

She was a team member on Steve Wrights prog a while ago, and now at BBC Shropshire.
  • Options
    tini canstini cans Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    He was running an agency last thing I heard, I had to do a VO session with him once for Holiday FM.

John Sachs is the programme controller of INB Holdings.

It owns Resort Radio, Retail Radio, Cruise FM and Holiday FM.
  • Options
    steel wheelssteel wheels Posts: 984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where is Clive Warren, i know he left Capital in the mid 90s and went to Radio 1 after that where:confused:
    :

Clive now presents the mid morning show 10-2 on Metro Radio in the North East, after working at Virgin, Real Radio Wales, Jazz FM, Heart FM 106.2 in London, Reading 107 and Century 105.4 then it became Real Radio :)
  • Options
    Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FM Lover wrote: »
    Anyone know what happened to Rachel Hopper ?

Last I heard of her she was on Heat Radio.

She was on Magic 105.4 before going on maternity leave.
  • Options
    Phillip SwiftPhillip Swift Posts: 2,718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simone Bienne is now a sex therapist,

Really she's a good looking girl, that must be wierd for people. I'm not sure it can solve your problems when your therapist is so much hotter than your girlfriend.
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris Brookes is on Heart Sussex Drivetime. Martin Collins, Neil Fox and Paul Phear on Magic. Graham Dene on Smooth Radio.

Remember Friday and Saturday Love songs on Capital with Paul Phear?
  • Options
    Juan Carlos AraJuan Carlos Ara Posts: 5,742
    Forum Member
    I think this is the same fantastic Schooly from Capital FM, now on Radio 1 in The UAE:

http://gulfnews.com/radio1/shows/late-drive-with-schooly-1.660719
  • Options
    carnivalistcarnivalist Posts: 4,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where is Clive Warren, i know he left Capital in the mid 90s and went to Radio 1 after that where:confused:

Does anyone remember Clare Ashford she was on Capital in the Early 90s...

Unfortunately I do.
    ...and left in the mid to late 90s:confused:

She was still in London after leaving Capital (at Liberty?) She went back home to Shropshire and last I heard was on BBC Shropshire.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pat Sharp is currently covering weekday breakfast on Smooth, Lynn having returned to R2.

Once Bates starts in the new year, Pat's switching to weekend breakfast replacing Graham Dene.
  • Options
    FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,884
    Forum Member
    Pat Sharp is currently covering weekday breakfast on Smooth, Lynn having returned to R2.

Once Bates starts in the new year, Pat's switching to weekend breakfast replacing Graham Dene.

Pat actually started Weekend Breakfast on Smooth earlier this month and good to have him back on the radio in London.
  • Options
    dpbdpb Posts: 12,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Lynn's taking over the 10am weekend slot in the new year:

http://www.smoothradioeastmidlands.co.uk/presenters-shows/shows-bszc/lynn-parsons-on-smooth-radio-qeyd/qeydw7sf/
  • Options
    RedAmberGreen2RedAmberGreen2 Posts: 922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately I do.

She was still in London after leaving Capital (at Liberty?) She went back home to Shropshire and last I heard was on BBC Shropshire.

Indeed. One half of the Radio Shropshire Morning Crew.
  • Options
    Kevin1960Kevin1960 Posts: 5,650
    Forum Member
    John Sachs introduces the skaters on Dancing on Ice !
  • Options
    Joey DeaconJoey Deacon Posts: 3,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where is Clive Warren, i know he left Capital in the mid 90s and went to Radio 1 after that where

Clive does lunchtimes on Metro Radio in Newcastle.
  • Options
    JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,108
    Forum Member
    I used to love listening to Capital in the late 70's. I lived 60 miles from London so could not get Fm just a very weak Am signal. I wish we had todays technology back then.

Roger Scott was a great Dj who sadly passed away in 1989. Remember that Michael Aspel used to do the 9am show followed by Dave cash. Graham Dean did the breakfast show. At the weekend you would get the late great Kenny Everiett on saturday afternoon. Unfortunately those days are long gone and Capital will never be like that again.
  • Options
    hotguy25hotguy25 Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ali b and justin wilkes are now on kiss.

bam bam is trying to launch an internet station.
  • Options
    Joey DeaconJoey Deacon Posts: 3,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kevin1960 wrote: »
    John Sachs introduces the skaters on Dancing on Ice !

John manages a company which owns some in-store radio stations and he also runs a talent and voiceover agency.

His dad is Andrew, who played Manuel in Fawlty Towers. Que?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Greg Edwards still around ? Although not a soul music fan,I used to find his Saturday evening show very addictive listening in the early 80s.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 118,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    JEFF62 wrote: »
    I used to love listening to Capital in the late 70's. I lived 60 miles from London so could not get Fm just a very weak Am signal. I wish we had todays technology back then.

Roger Scott was a great Dj who sadly passed away in 1989. Remember that Michael Aspel used to do the 9am show followed by Dave cash. Graham Dean did the breakfast show. At the weekend you would get the late great Kenny Everiett on saturday afternoon. Unfortunately those days are long gone and Capital will never be like that again.

Gawd, yes. Michael Aspel on mid mornings.

"Michael Aspel makes your morning, Michael Aspel makes your day" :o

I miss the Hall Of Fame Top 500 Capital used to do.
  • Options
    FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,884
    Forum Member
    Radio Lion wrote: »
    Is Greg Edwards still around ? Although not a soul music fan,I used to find his Saturday evening show very addictive listening in the early 80s.

With "Jazz Carnival" by Azzymuth as his theme tune. Greg was on Jazz FM just before Christmas covering Robbie Vincent's show.