Options

Madonna Appreciation Thread (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone's just started another unpopular opinions thread and right royally bashed M and her fans and I am fed up with it!

Yes, I saw that too and I wondered how is what that person is saying an unpopular opinion? What they're saying about Madonna not having talent and just about marketing and sexuality is actually a very popular opinion unfortunately. Someone said Madonna is considered a genius but I don't think she is generally thought of that way. The media for the most part always undermines her talent. It would actually be more unpopular to say that actually Madonna is a very talented singer and songwriter.
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gigi4 wrote: »
    Yes, I saw that too and I wondered how is what that person is saying an unpopular opinion? What they're saying about Madonna not having talent and just about marketing and sexuality is actually a very popular opinion unfortunately. Someone said Madonna is considered a genius but I don't think she is generally thought of that way. The media for the most part always undermines her talent. It would actually be more unpopular to say that actually Madonna is a very talented singer and songwriter.

exactly, the thread falls flat at the first huddle.:yawn: unfortunately, it opens the door for others to chime in all too quickly with their usual dismissive posts full of long and tired opinions.:sleep:

the media has never lauded her as some kind of genius, so she is mainly praised in terms of her longevity in the press. she does have an uncanny knack of making people take notice of her though, whether it be for negative or positive reasons. just look at the extreme and lengthy replies in that thread already. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A happy 27th Birthday to TRUE BLUE!! Retro should be happy...finally a day to blast the album RMF ;) hehehe :D

And you have to laugh at those criticising M and indeed fans...i mean...if it affects their lives and all that....they are the ones missing out :)

i still love that record love so much. definitely going to give that album a play today.:)
  • Options
    RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    A happy 27th Birthday to TRUE BLUE!! Retro should be happy...finally a day to blast the album RMF ;) hehehe :D

And you have to laugh at those criticising M and indeed fans...i mean...if it affects their lives and all that....they are the ones missing out :)

Aw, lol! I'm listening to it right now, happy birthday TB, 27 years old and you still sound as good today as you did back then.
  • Options
    elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can you remember who did the photoshoot for the Ray of Light album? It's compeltely slipped my mind :(

EDIT: Mario Testino?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can you remember who did the photoshoot for the Ray of Light album? It's compeltely slipped my mind :(

EDIT: Mario Testino?

yes, here are some comments he made about the day the photo was taken.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cher appreciates M <3

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2013/06/30/cher-madonna-is-one-of-the-greatest-pop-icons-ever/#ixzz2XkNsjTGd

And in TB 27 imma play it when its sunnier at the end of the week...i need positive vibes this week <3:)))) Ciccone/Leonard/Bray....take it away <3
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    yes, here are some comments he made about the day the photo was taken.:)

thank you :)

it's such a great cover, whenever i see it I picture her saying "I'm back. Did you really think you could get rid of me?"
    ‘At 2pm she said, “OK, I’m tired. We’re done.”'

Such a Madonna thing to do. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    really feeling all melancholic and twilighty...so gonna give COADF a massive blast through tonight till the midnight hour...and feel its power <3

found these images from the era made by fans i want to share with you

Super-]\/[

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1013106_332345966899200_2140376099_n.jpg

and this trip fest

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1016146_10200260149845806_1497094036_n.jpg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thank you :)

it's such a great cover, whenever i see it I picture her saying "I'm back. Did you really think you could get rid of me?"

Such a Madonna thing to do. :D

that cover art is very striking and she does look self assured there. i remember when the album was about to be released and she did lots of music press, including a lengthy interview on radio one. she spoke at length about the music on that album and you could just tell how passionate she was about that record. it was obvious then that she really believed she had another album that was about to smash.

and yes, that is typical madonna.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why Indie Bands can be gotten cheaply and why people still need and want to pay to see Madonna

http://www.wired.com/business/2013/07/the-short-tail-of-concerts/

Basically...Madonna rules...pay thousands to see her make one of the greatest shows of a lfietime :)

ANd it is funny how she parallels a lot of indie types today...starting as nothing/nobody and making a literal name for herself...she was born to be the legend she is today :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why Indie Bands can be gotten cheaply and why people still need and want to pay to see Madonna

http://www.wired.com/business/2013/07/the-short-tail-of-concerts/

Basically...Madonna rules...pay thousands to see her make one of the greatest shows of a lfietime :)

ANd it is funny how she parallels a lot of indie types today...starting as nothing/nobody and making a literal name for herself...she was born to be the legend she is today :)

Great article. I love a lot of indie bands, but they don't have the history and legacy that Madonna does that you connect with her through relating your life experiences to the different stages of her career. There are so many indie bands that will come out with one great album and then you never hear from them again so they don't really become part of the fabric of your life, if you know what I mean. Also Madonna has this amazing charisma as a performer. A lot of indie acts just kind of get up there and perform their songs without having any kind of connection to to the audience.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gigi4 wrote: »
    Great article. I love a lot of indie bands, but they don't have the history and legacy that Madonna does that you connect with her through relating your life experiences to the different stages of her career. There are so many indie bands that will come out with one great album and then you never hear from them again so they don't really become part of the fabric of your life, if you know what I mean. Also Madonna has this amazing charisma as a performer. A lot of indie acts just kind of get up there and perform their songs without having any kind of connection to to the audience.

Yeah thats another thing with a lot of bands...Madonna has always been an exceptional all rounder in music, performance and artistry and has an immense audience connection in all her shows thus far...that is why she is always more than worth it...which is why i hope to see her when she tours again :)

And again why i would adore it if she headlined glasto! Really mastering a very "rock field" despite the obvious flirtations in Pop the festival has had before....Madonna would absolutely SMASH it in so many ways....plus she doesnt have to be "family friendly" there either like SUperbowl (electric performance as it was)...i mean her Coachella performance in 2006 was just WOW!! Love rewatching it and it really gave COnfessions a massive boost Stateside in a post-American Life backlash world ...amazing!

She can definitely master that...especially if she ventures out there and works organically with writers/producers for her next album and creates something she can translate as well...would be insane...the ideas i have and what she comes out with INSANE! :cool:
  • Options
    PaulJoseph22PaulJoseph22 Posts: 4,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Great photo Josh. Wonder what the secret project is?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Funny! I wonder if that look is for a photo shoot!
    And Josh, I agree with you Madonna at Glastonbury would be amazing. I hope she does it one year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well its a photoshoot...im now thinking that it may be for Rolling Stone or something for August/Sept for when the MDNA DVD is out maybe?

Also i am hoping that she s mixing up idas for future for the next album maybe? or era as a whole...cheeers PJ...cool aint it!

And yeah...glasto...immense catalogue and new material...would be THE show <3
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dita is back is spreading like wildfire <3
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Live by the sword

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1043931_388912367887171_1668391126_n.jpg

turns out its for Harpers Bazzaarrrr US photoshoot...so i reckon it will be an interview and about the MDNA DVD and Secret Project details maybe...either way looks like it will be WARRIOR QUEEN inspired...which i had hoped shewould do <3
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Live by the sword

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1043931_388912367887171_1668391126_n.jpg

turns out its for Harpers Bazzaarrrr US photoshoot...so i reckon it will be an interview and about the MDNA DVD and Secret Project details maybe...either way looks like it will be WARRIOR QUEEN inspired...which i had hoped shewould do <3

She looks hawt.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok...in a mAHOSSIVE TWIST

Madonna is working for the first time with....Terry Richardson! :-O
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok...in a mAHOSSIVE TWIST

Madonna is working for the first time with....Terry Richardson! :-O

Oh God. I can't stand him. I swear he 'vandalized' some MDNA Tour posters (or a pic of them)?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh God. I can't stand him. I swear he 'vandalized' some MDNA Tour posters (or a pic of them)?

i cant stand any of that clique tbh....but it just goes to show...not even "haters" are haters tbh....in fact "haters" can be the biggest fans many times over...i was shocke when i read that circulating.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

me either, madonna must obviously be more tolerant than you and i if this new rumour is to be believed, because he did in fact "vandalize" her tour poster on his online diary.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Live by the sword

Fantastic news! That's the one thing I missed during the MDNA era although otherwise it was great, her doing magazine covers. I love reading and collecting fashion magazines.
    I did not know that he vandalized her MDNA posters. I did read that there were allegations from some teenage models that he pressured them into posing in sexual situations that they weren't comfortable with, but I don't think any of those were proven for sure.
    He's kind of known for his punk style and outrageous and sexual imagery so I can see why Madonna would be drawn to him.