Options

as if Aiden got the fewest votes!!..

Comments

• Options
    CoenCoen Posts: 5,711
    Forum Member
    thehype wrote: »
    Hang on, she obviously isn't "hated" as much as Aiden right?

I don't think it's even relevant how many people might "hate" her, all that matters is how many people support her. And clearly she had more people supporting her than Aiden did.

The people that "hate" her don't matter when it's a vote to save people.
  • Options
    SparklesSparkles Posts: 4,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's "you're", not "your". Honestly, these musicians...

:D
    Don't waste your time..he 'sung' in perfect tune remember.;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    Sparkles wrote: »
    :D
    Don't waste your time..he 'sung' in perfect tune remember.;)

Oh yes, missed that one! lolz
  • Options
    threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FACT: Katie got more votes than Aiden.

VERY likely scenario: Si & co had Katie's number on redial to go over Aiden's votes and so they could go to deadlock and blame the public.

The public are being blamed when there is a very strong possibility that certain people within the show were voting for Katie.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest, I am annoyed Aiden is out. You can't really think the whole thing ISNT a fix when someone so unpopular stays in 4 times in a row.
    However, the Katie-hate is nasty. She's just a girl, trying her best.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    Why would they fix it by fiddling the number of votes illegally when they could keep her in quite legally and properly just by having Louis save her?
  • Options
    eggshelleggshell Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They cannot fix the vote it would the be scandal of the decade.

I think whats probably happened is the reaction against picking on Paige has gotten him more votes to the detriment of others.

No doubt they have bigged up Katie and even tonight in the joint mime they gave her centre stage. No doubt also they knew they could take it to deadlock and still keep her safe.

But theres no-one to blame in this but Aiden who unfortunately threw it away. Leaving everything else out of it Katie won the sing off...keep her away from big production set pieces and let her quietish voice free with no other distractions and thats when she's at her best.

Gutted but no-ones to blame except Aiden
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    FACT: Katie got more votes than Aiden.

VERY likely scenario: Si & co had Katie's number on redial to go over Aiden's votes and so they could go to deadlock and blame the public.

The public are being blamed when there is a very strong possibility that certain people within the show were voting for Katie.

Hahaha! Not sure if this is a joke, but the idea that a few bods in the X-factor are sat around voting for Katie is brilliant!
  • Options
    DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    He got the fewest votes, accept it. Whether in your opinion it was justified or not it happened. IMO both Aiden and Katie were poor yesterday and in the sing off Aiden was even worse. I have said all along he had a polarising voice and performance style and outside of his core fan group people were losing interest. He lacked variety and versatility and people switched off.

As much as I usually disagree with this poster - the comment in bold is right. Even if they had solely went on the sing off then the result would have been fair. Aiden was bad - end of. Probably his nerves got to him but that was not good. And as an Aiden defender that hurts to type!

(I would disagree that Aiden was poor last night btw! And it is not as if he was the only one trick pony on the show)
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    biggeral wrote: »
    No way on earth did Katie get the fewest votes. They would simply never get away with that level of fix. I genuinely don't think Simon or the other judges know the result beforehand (although I am probably the only forum member with this view).

Why wouldn't they?
    Soapstar Superstar did.

I'm not saying that it really was a phone vote fix but when it was national news that several shows actually were fixing phone votes (See, they do demonsrate a desire to do it) they just paid their relatively small fine and that was it.

I think some people think that a national TV show wouldn't dare fix a phone poll because criminal charges of fraud and embezzlement would be made against it and somebody might end up in prison.
    No, they just pay their fine and get a little slap on their wrists by Ofcom.

They don't really need to fix the phone vote anyway as The X Factor is a show that lends itself to the method of judges doing what they want anyway.
    Tonight they knew Katie wasn't bottom so put it to deadlock to make it appear as though the public has spoken (which this week they probably did), but if Katie was bottom they'd simply get rid of Aiden without bothering with deadlock. All legal and above board. Fixed without breaking any rules or laws.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    I don't doubt the truth of the votes - it wouldn't surprise me if Aiden did get the least votes, given the running order, the judge's comments and his performance (and I am a fan!)

However, I don't believe that Simon would have allowed it to go to deadlock if he wasn't 100% sure that Katie didn't have the least amount of votes. That way, Katie gets on the tour, and the public have no-one to blame but themselves. I think Louis would have saved her and stopped it from going to deadlock if she'd been bottom. :mad:
  • Options
    IsItThatDeepIsItThatDeep Posts: 1,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daewos wrote: »
    As much as I usually disagree with this poster - the comment in bold is right. Even if they had solely went on the sing off then the result would have been fair. Aiden was bad - end of. Probably his nerves got to him but that was not good. And as an Aiden defender that hurts to type!

(I would disagree that Aiden was poor last night btw! And it is not as if he was the only one trick pony on the show)

I'd totally agree with you on that, in fact this year they all seem to be 'one trick ponies'. The problem with Aiden is he was polarising to start with (a little in the D Vickers, you either love or hate mold) and because his performances were all very similar the few undecided people didn't bite. It's only my opinion but this is what usually happens with this kind of performer.
  • Options
    SparklesSparkles Posts: 4,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thing is, I just don't see what the fuss is about. Aiden had to go & Katie will go too, along with Paige, Mary & Wagner in the weeks to come. One Direction should go too by rights, if they were girls they would be gone already.

Can't see for one minute why it's in Simon's interest to keep hanging onto Katie..& it was actually Louis who saved her last week over Treyc when it came down to it.
  • Options
    ladygardenerladygardener Posts: 2,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    simon is to blame - he says he trusts the public and then saves someone who has been in the bottom 2 times - its disgusting.

I will hang around for this series to support Matt but that's it for me

Actually the 4th time she's been in the bottom 2.
  • Options
    tommygunnertommygunner Posts: 4,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hahaha! Not sure if this is a joke, but the idea that a few bods in the X-factor are sat around voting for Katie is brilliant!

A few weeks ago one FM made a thread claiming that all the votes for Katie were personally cast by Cheryl.

The person was serious, too.:D
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He got the fewest votes, accept it. Whether in your opinion it was justified or not it happened. IMO both Aiden and Katie were poor yesterday and in the sing off Aiden was even worse. I have said all along he had a polarising voice and performance style and outside of his core fan group people were losing interest. He lacked variety and versatility and people switched off.

I think you summed it up very well tbh.
    both sung very poor yesterday,katie had a better sing off performance.
  • Options
    Black DaggerBlack Dagger Posts: 15,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HE GOT THE FEWEST VOTES.

Katie got more votes even if you like it or not. Face facts. Katie will be gone next week.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    Aiden was awful last night and was even worse in the sing off tonight.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think with all the checks that are in place for phone voting these days, sadly I have to admit that Aiden probably did have thelowest votes. In which case he went fair and square.

With the caveat that once again, the judges bottled it. This is Katie's 4th week in the bottom, why would Simon save her? It doesnt make sense to me I'm afraid, but thats the name of the game people.

Next?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lizzy11268 wrote: »
    I think with all the checks that are in place for phone voting these days, sadly I have to admit that Aiden probably did have thelowest votes. In which case he went fair and square.

With the caveat that once again, the judges bottled it. This is Katie's 4th week in the bottom, why would Simon save her? It doesnt make sense to me I'm afraid, but thats the name of the game people.

Next?

the amount of press coverage shes creating is mana from heaven for Cowell.

he couldnt buy this amount of coverage even making news channels etc its all over twitter and other mediums.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aiden was really not that good. I dont think anyone apart from his hardcore fans EVER voted for him. You need to be able to please a big audience if you wanna win. He simply didnt.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oathy wrote: »

he couldnt buy this amount of coverage even making news channels etc its all over twitter and other mediums.

Yes you are right. I'm guessing her time is drawing near though....

Hope so anyway. I'd almost rather Wagner stayed in over her, and I'm still clinging to the hope that at some point it will turn back into a singing competition again :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LFC1892 wrote: »
    Aiden was awful last night and was even worse in the sing off tonight.

He really blew the sing off tonight.
    The Jarvis Cocker moves were just...:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He really blew the sing off tonight.
    The Jarvis Cocker moves were just...:eek:

I agree.

And to be fair to Katie, hard as that might be, she actually sang really well in the sing off tonight. She didnt over cook it, and I thought she sounded lovely.

Oh God, I need to go and lie down. :eek:
  • Options
    CharlotteswebCharlottesweb Posts: 18,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Of course.

And now its guaranteed to be the same for the tour, with both wagner and katie onboard.

Next two weeks will see her go, along with wagner, and then into the serious business of the final run.

Only matt or Rebecca can win anyway, the rest are just bit players really with no chance, so I dont get the uproar at the order the leave in to be honest, its largely irrelevant , they will all go at some point.