Why does humanity must do these things

2»

Comments

• Options
    Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    If people didn't work, what would they do all day? Probably hunting in the countryside for food.

they could grow cannabis.
  • Options
    BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    JulesF wrote: »
    Many people genuinely enjoy and get a huge amount of satisfaction and fulfillment from their work.

I should have clarified it. I mean to say the majority of people who work menial jobs or just average jobs to get by and live their life for 2 days of weekend and a month's holiday every year. It is just sad that this is life.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If people didn't work, what would they do all day? Probably hunting in the countryside for food.

Wouldn't that technically be working anyway? A very basic job, but a job nonetheless. Find food, feed yourself and your family.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the words of that great, modern day philosopher 'because we want to, becaise we want to'
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maurice45 wrote: »
    Wouldn't that technically be working anyway? A very basic job, but a job nontheless. Find food, feed yourself and your family.
    Probably. We would be no different to Lions or Hyenas. We would be hunting for food in the forests.
  • Options
    MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maurice45 wrote: »
    Wouldn't that technically be working anyway? A very basic job, but a job nontheless. Find food, feed yourself and your family.

Don't forget shelter, also protection from those who no longer want to play by (now non-existent) rules.
  • Options
    Max LoveMax Love Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    I'd say most people work because of a need for purpose and they get married out of a sense of commitment and companionship.

Very true. Ladies always seem in more of a rush to get married than their guys.
  • Options
    SnrDevSnrDev Posts: 6,094
    Forum Member
    Getting married is just a tradition people never used to get married a long time ago. I guess people choose a life partner to share the burden of raising kids and split the bills and to be with through all the struggles of life.
    people with difficult personalities generally don't make it in good relationships instead they have poisonous relationships and end up staying together anyway. or they might even have a good personality it's just the other person doesn't and they'll stick with them out of guilt or fear.
    Marriage exists in many societies around the world and has done for many many many generations. It's a social contract that a couple make, in its simplest and oldest form that she will bear his children and remain faithful to him and him alone; he will agree to that same constraint and provide for her and any children, and that they will stay together to raise any children together. That's it in its basic form, and there may be a view these days that it's no longer as necessary as it was. Some may disagree with that view.
  • Options
    phylo_roadkingphylo_roadking Posts: 21,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they could grow cannabis.

What do they do when the get the munchies??? :o
  • Options
    IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chaff wrote: »
    Why does they must pretend to be illiterate? :(

Perhaps the OP is dyslexic or has another learning difficulty?.
  • Options
    IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Max Love wrote: »
    Very true. Ladies always seem in more of a rush to get married than their guys.

I'm not bothered about marriage - some women are obsessive about it, about weddings and everything. I just reckon it'd be a ton of stress and a load of money for what? one day? pfft. Then again I've never been in a long term relationship.
  • Options
    HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member

You think the reason capitalism exists and is upheld by politicians is because they have a moral concern people will be bored without a system of salaried work??!!:confused::D:confused

There has always been productive activity amongst humans but paid work with a hierarchy of renumeration and reward is distinct to capitalism.
  • Options
    Cosmic GiftedCosmic Gifted Posts: 3,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Work gives everyone structure in their lives. Also, you need people to work to provide the services we all need. For example, medical, retail, farming etc. It's not great to work all the time, but if you find something you enjoy doing then it can be very rewarding.
  • Options
    AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    Never Nude wrote: »
    In the words of that great, modern day philosopher 'because we want to, becaise we want to'

Why you gotta play that song so loud? :D