Options

First Dates Ch4 Thursday 9pm

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    Has turned from a heart warming series 1 to a programming full of Big Brother type desperado wannabes trying to get themselves on TV rubbish
  • Options
    rockjackrockjack Posts: 13,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aw Rory and Danielle are an item <3
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 477
    Forum Member
    Has turned from a heart warming series 1 to a programming full of Big Brother type desperado wannabes trying to get themselves on TV rubbish

Err not really, no
  • Options
    OGBOGB Posts: 9,229
    Forum Member
    Well Chris certainly was a tall cool refreshing drink of water :blush: She looked every moment of her 45 years but good for her because she would have enjoyed her drink :o

It does feel a little bit like a show of Big Brother rejects at times, but it's still one of my guilty pleasures. Aren't they doing it real time anymore like last series where you could apply to go on a date with people the following week?

Are they going to update us with what happened to the cheesy DJ from series 1 who used to post on here?
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    I'm on timeshift and I'm giggling before the titles have finished.
    I hope 'oooooh I feel like jumping' bloke is in the titles every week.
  • Options
    FinalAnswer?FinalAnswer? Posts: 1,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have all the episodes already been recorded? I liked the format point of having audience members write in to go on a date with singles the following week - although they might have got rid of it due to people just wanting to be on TV rather than look for love.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cavalli wrote: »
    That Canadian woman is really obnoxious.

Certainly rubbed me up the wrong way, that said she laughed a long, but the words that came out seemed to come with a free sting in the tail.
    'yah, I've made a friend...in weymouth'
    Got right up my nose with the 'why did you go on a blind date?' question
    Felt sorry for the poor bloke with the stutter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Have all the episodes already been recorded? I liked the format point of having audience members write in to go on a date with singles the following week - although they might have got rid of it due to people just wanting to be on TV rather than look for love.

The pictures and details of the singletons aren't on the website, like the first series, the details from series 1, up until a month or so back.

Just finished watching on 4/7, looks like it's all in the can as one of the couples have had 7 dates and the chap's met the girls parents.
  • Options
    LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    Certainly rubbed me up the wrong way, that said she laughed a long, but the words that came out seemed to come with a free sting in the tail.
    'yah, I've made a friend...in weymouth'
    Got right up my nose with the 'why did you go on a blind date?' question
    Felt sorry for the poor bloke with the stutter.

I felt sorry for him too, he seemed really nice and I don't feel she came him adequate chance to speak.
  • Options
    radiofreeradiofree Posts: 7,316
    Forum Member
    if the guy with the stutter is reading this, i hope he knows that he came across as a lovely guy who deserved much better than the date he got stuck with. i warmed to him immediately and found his stutter very mild, barely noticeable. it takes courage to have such a stressful situation recorded and broadcast for everyone to see and judge you (even if you don't have a stutter!) so i admire him tremendously. i wish him the best in life. he deserves it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 476
    Forum Member
    radiofree wrote: »
    if the guy with the stutter is reading this, i hope he knows that he came across as a lovely guy who deserved much better than the date he got stuck with. i warmed to him immediately and found his stutter very mild, barely noticeable. it takes courage to have such a stressful situation recorded and broadcast for everyone to see and judge you (even if you don't have a stutter!) so i admire him tremendously. i wish him the best in life. he deserves it.

this.
    the stutter was hardly noticeable at first but the more he talk to her the worse it got.i really didn't like her
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    Yes the Canadian woman was very rude. "Oh, we haven't got other couples to talk to", very much sounds like "I'm not interested in this date with you, I want to talk to other people". And it's always funny when someone with an unfortunate manner says that they often put off potential partners because they're so intelligent. I've heard men say it too, and you nearly always get the impression that what's putting people off is their arrogance, or lack of humour or general obnoxiousness.
  • Options
    LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    radiofree wrote: »

Agreed, I'd definitely go on a date with him ;-)
  • Options
    BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hm Just watching this on 4Seven. Many of the women all kind of look the same. A Mass of nasty hair extensions
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hm Just watching this on 4Seven. Many of the women all kind of look the same. A Mass of nasty hair extensions

Synthetic women seem to be all the rage these days.
  • Options
    xNATILLYxxNATILLYx Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    i didn't see the first series , until i saw read some of this thread i didn't know this was the 2nd series. I felt mixed - it was alright certainly watchable. I also felt sorry for the guy with the stutter , if i was on a date with him it wouldn't have bothered me. Then again im not a limelight hogging never shut up type like the one he was on the date with. He couldn't say anything mean about her though could he , a lovely guy and i hope he finds someone soon. I knew the one pair would be become a couple , they had that spark its hard to explain but its just there plus he was cute :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    First series had a different (better IMO) format.
    No doubt, I'll be left wondering what we could be missing with all the other couples that they don't feature, 200 ish last series IIRC.
    Didn't like the pre date interviews either, if they're asking blokes to take their tops off and do party pieces, makes the program a bit cheap.
    I suppose it's got to hit both ends of the 'market'
    I'll expect to see Mo week after week, I'm guessing he's the new Rajan, but without aggression and delusion.
  • Options
    DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First series had a different (better IMO) format.

First two series.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Terry_Lee wrote: »
    First dates is coming back for series 2

You can apply here:

http://firstdates.channel4.com/
    This is back again next week, if you haven't seen the trailers.
    Series 2 Wednesday 22:00.
    DVDfever wrote: »
    Series 3, surely. The 2nd one had rather lost it compared to the first one. Inside No.9 will take priority and First Dates is not something I can be bothered to flick through.
    Nope, series 2. You might be thinking of The Undateables.
    DVDfever wrote: »
    First two series.

I'm guessing you're on a gee-up, but to clear this up for the casual viewer.
    This has been done before, as you can see, you could have just followed the link in my post you quoted before, try it this time.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're fabulously no nonsense, Prince M :D
  • Options
    WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Only because MEN approve of them!
  • Options
    Forum Member

Hmmmm I remember when women wearing syrups was all the rage.
    Look in the african/west indian hair dressing shops and syrups still seem to be doing good business.

Hey ho, make-up, perfume to varying degrees, bras lifting and separating, corsets, etc, etc, it's all some element of synthetics IMO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Only because MEN approve of them!

Do they?
    Some of the boyfriends of those who take part in Snog, Marry, Avoid don't seem to like too much 'synthetics'
    Chris Rock's Good Hair doc was on the BBC a few weeks back, fair number of blokes there who didn't think much of Black American women and their 'thing' for weave, cost and intimacy were mentioned as issues.

Want the woman, you have to suffer the weave.
  • Options
    James_B1James_B1 Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    That Canadian women was an absolute f**king c*nt. >:( Unfortunately, there's no nice way of saying it.

The way she treated that poor guy with the stutter was appalling particularly when she said "it's a shame there are no other couples we can talk to". Obviously code for 'I'm bored with your company now." No empathy whatsoever.

She was cold, rude, obnoxious, deluded as to her own intelligence and not physically attractive either (even though she obviously thought she was hot). No wonder she's been single for nearly all her life!

Odious personality & manky, yellow stained teeth - you'd have to be absolutely desperate or have masochistic tendencies to want to date her.

Whereas I hope the guy with the stutter goes on a 2nd date with someone who's actually nice!!! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    It's a lot more real than you guys imagine.

I think it's laid bare certain emotions when it comes to dating.

Yes it was a bit more original the first time round. but some of the characters are amazing.

I think we should go a bit easier on the Canadian woman, i dealt with my nerves by hiding behind my humour at times, people are very vulnerable on First Dates and you can act in ways you might not ordinarily!

but hope you are enjoying this series,

Terry
    @terryturbolee