Fancy pantsFancy pants Posts: 804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd never use an Ouija board, no way!
  • Options
    Andy CarltonAndy Carlton Posts: 4,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ouija boards DO work...but I urge anyone NOT to use one as the powers are open to all elements of which few people understand.

A ouija board is similar to leaving your front door open to anyone and everyone who makes contact.

Years ago when I tried one (I was in my teens) and a few of us had a laugh using one and my life fell apart bit by bit after using one shortly afterwards. I had to have spiritual healing to get rid of the negative energies.

In my 20's I used one again, and the same thing happened. (only worse)

For those that are curious...try one, but don't be surprised if sudden events occour out of the blue beyond your control.

http://www.psychicvas.com/ouijaboards.htm

http://www.psychics.co.uk/psychics/ouijaboards.html
  • Options
    JonJonBJonJonB Posts: 2,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What evidence exists to suggest your misfortune was in any way a result of playing a children's game?
  • Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    Ouija boards DO work...but I urge anyone NOT to use one as the powers are open to all elements of which few people understand.

A ouija board is similar to leaving your front door open to anyone and everyone who makes contact.

Years ago when I tried one (I was in my teens) and a few of us had a laugh using one and my life fell apart bit by bit after using one shortly afterwards. I had to have spiritual healing to get rid of the negative energies.

For those that are curious...try one, but don't be surprised if sudden events occour out of the blue beyond your control.

Well - I believe what you are saying ! I experienced something in my teens, we were just messing around!
    Something weird happened! We ALL accused each other of moving the glass! In later years I know of someone that tried it....it spelt out two letters JS - and that person was dead within a few months! Co-incidence or not - I think it's something not to get involved in, it creeps me out!
    I'm not religious in any way, but this is something else!
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    moila wrote: »
    :confused: Then why have i heard they sell ouija boards at kids stores like Toys R Us in the US? I mean if its harmful they wouldnt be selling it.

They also sell guns in corner shops.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well - I believe what you are saying ! I experienced something in my teens, we were just messing around!
    Something weird happened! We ALL accused each other of moving the glass! In later years I know of someone that tried it....it spelt out two letters JS - and that person was dead within a few months! Co-incidence or not - I think it's something not to get involved in, it creeps me out!
    I'm not religious in any way, but this is something else!

I think many who have experienced with ouija boards have had some kind of experiences... (and some without them knowing until a later date...or not knowing at all that their fate was even connected to using a ouija board)

A lot of people (including myself) in the past have 'experimented' and messed around with them (as you do) through pure fascination and they think no more of it.

My experiences would probably fill up quite a bit of space on here and I have only once given my full experiences on DS regarding a similar subject a while ago and it took ages to type out so I am not going to bore the pants off people by re-typing my past experiences. My sister had psychiatric treatment after using a ouija board when she was younger. (before I came into circulation)

Luckily I have not had any names or initials of people of which has resulted in deaths...but I would not want to re-live my experiences.

Ouija boards are the 'key' to opening doors of the spirit world and as on the earth plane...there are good and bad spirits just as there are good and bad people (again) on the earth plane.

Using a ouija board is almost like opening your front door to invite a total stranger into your home for a personal conversation...you wouldn't do that on the earth plane...so why do people do this with using ouija boards?

Many think just because people have passed over...they cannot do harm...which is totally wrong, because actually they can do a lot more harm than what they could do if they were still on the earth plane. (many seem to overlook this)

There are good spirits as there are good people on the earth plane and some that have used ouija boards have had conversations with total strangers from the spirit world of which obviously they have opened their doors to by contacting them and all is well...but the more sinister side to this is when you open your spiritual door and a bad spirit comes along and takes advantage to huge extents where peoples lives have been torn apart. (rather like opening your front door to a stranger and letting them in and conversating with them - as mentioned)

It is just simply pot luck if you contact a good spirit. Most professionals who use ouija boards need 'spiritual' protection incase of negative contact. A ouija board message is like an addiction as the messages given will play on your mind until you know what the message means...of which then (and in many cases) is not the message you want to hear when sometimes it is too late. You may (as a person) have forgotten about using a ouija board months or years ago....but the spirit who you have contacted is busy working their magic way beyond any means of human understanding.... ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My experiences would probably fill up quite a bit of space on here and I have only once given my full experiences on DS regarding a similar subject a while ago and it took ages to type out so I am not going to bore the pants off people by re-typing my past experiences.
    Could you see your way to bothering telling us what evidence there is to link Ouija boards with any misfortune in your life? Or how you know your sister wouldn't have needed psychiatric treatment regardless of a child's board game?
  • Options
    Bom Diddly WoBom Diddly Wo Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scrolllock wrote: »
    Nonsense. That's just your opinion of their results and their experiences.

An open minded scientist would simply say he or she can not explain many of the things they experience or record.

If you were concerned about "critical thinking" then you would see the sense in not concluding that something can not exist just because there is yet to be proof, especially to your satisfaction, that it does.

This is getting quite annoying. Aplying scientific methods to research into paranormal events means that to the utmost of endeavour it is not a matter of opinion but fact. That is why we have rigourous scientific methods, to produce hard facts and the fact is that despite all efforts there has never been the smallest amount of proof for the paranormal through Ouija boards or any other medium.
    As I have said onus of proof lies with those who think it is a real phenomena because it is impossible to proove a negative. You cannot proove that I cannot levitate. Would you believe that I could if I told you or would you want my claim thoroughly tested before you believed it?
  • Options
    Bom Diddly WoBom Diddly Wo Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They work in as much as the pointer will move and even spell out messages. This is not the result of paranormal intervention and a portal to elsewhere has not been opened. It is simply the result of inperceptable movements by each individual in contact with the pointer. The rest is sugestion and imagination. It is not even a very difficult phenomenon to explain. Why are you and opthers so eager to ascribe to it an other worldly aspect just because it is ever so slightly mysterious?
  • Options
    cookie_princesscookie_princess Posts: 1,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never mess with Ouija boards, it's just tempting fate !!
  • Options
    boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think many who have experienced with ouija boards have had some kind of experiences... (and some without them knowing until a later date...or not knowing at all that their fate was even connected to using a ouija board)

A lot of people (including myself) in the past have 'experimented' and messed around with them (as you do) through pure fascination and they think no more of it.

My experiences would probably fill up quite a bit of space on here and I have only once given my full experiences on DS regarding a similar subject a while ago and it took ages to type out so I am not going to bore the pants off people by re-typing my past experiences. My sister had psychiatric treatment after using a ouija board when she was younger. (before I came into circulation)

Luckily I have not had any names or initials of people of which has resulted in deaths...but I would not want to re-live my experiences.

Ouija boards are the 'key' to opening doors of the spirit world and as on the earth plane...there are good and bad spirits just as there are good and bad people (again) on the earth plane.

Using a ouija board is almost like opening your front door to invite a total stranger into your home for a personal conversation...you wouldn't do that on the earth plane...so why do people do this with using ouija boards?

Many think just because people have passed over...they cannot do harm...which is totally wrong, because actually they can do a lot more harm than what they could do if they were still on the earth plane. (many seem to overlook this)

There are good spirits as there are good people on the earth plane and some that have used ouija boards have had conversations with total strangers from the spirit world of which obviously they have opened their doors to by contacting them and all is well...but the more sinister side to this is when you open your spiritual door and a bad spirit comes along and takes advantage to huge extents where peoples lives have been torn apart. (rather like opening your front door to a stranger and letting them in and conversating with them - as mentioned)

It is just simply pot luck if you contact a good spirit. Most professionals who use ouija boards need 'spiritual' protection incase of negative contact. A ouija board message is like an addiction as the messages given will play on your mind until you know what the message means...of which then (and in many cases) is not the message you want to hear when sometimes it is too late. You may (as a person) have forgotten about using a ouija board months or years ago....but the spirit who you have contacted is busy working their magic way beyond any means of human understanding.... ;)

It's a child board game manyfactured by Parker Bothers, what other board games have you had bad experiences with?, Monopoly, Ludo?, snakes & ladders?
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boksbox wrote: »
    It's a child board game manyfactured by Parker Bothers, what other board games have you had bad experiences with?, Monopoly, Ludo?, snakes & ladders?

Whilst I am not saying I believe in Ouija Boards , I am not sure a game which claims to contact the dead and summon the paranormal is the best thing to sell to 8 year old kids, 8 being the age range it is marketed as being suitable for.

I would have thought if it is to be sold it would be marketed at an adult age range as it is hardly Cluedo or Monopoly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they expect anyone over the age of 8 to not be stupid enough to buy into it.
  • Options
    moilamoila Posts: 1,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What do you guys make out of this ouija board it looks lpink and girly not scary if i ever was to buy one this looks friendly and looks like it will attract only good spirits, because it is for 8yrs and over.:)

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3107661
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Give me strength. :cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, Ouija Boards do seem really popular with younger people as well. My friends and I were always fascinated by them, and about two years ago, we tried one, there was eight of us and we were extremely hyped up about it. Through out the whole thing one of us at a time would lift our fingers up to show we weren't moving it, and we were all very scared about it at the time, especially the girl whose bedroom we were in :p. It's name was Zoe, and I don't remember what I asked but at one point it seemed really real when it said "No, I don't know."
    And that night I simply did not get to sleep, same applied with everyone else, some of us thought we were going crazy lol. Eventually we realised there is one particularly controlling person in that group and it could only have been them. I now, even a few days after the thing, thought it impossible, but they definately scare you, there was no doubt about that. We tried a makeshift one again a few months later with less people, and no it did not work, we're all quite silly at about 14 though, so that's my excuse! :p
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What do you guys make out of this ouija board it looks lpink and girly not scary if i ever was to buy one this looks friendly and looks like it will attract only good spirits, because it is for 8yrs and over.:)

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3107661

Well, I'd think there'd be more to the usual...'is anybody there?' line. I'm guessing that there'd be specific sentences to be said when starting a serious one of these boards up.
  • Options
    wildehavanawildehavana Posts: 1,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :confused: Then why have i heard they sell ouija boards at kids stores like Toys R Us in the US? I mean if its harmful they wouldnt be selling it.

I wouldn't bet on that. This world is full of scumbags who don't care how they make their fortunes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I accept that science doesnt know it all but I think that scientific method is the best way of determining what is true and what is not. (I still touch wood though)

I remember watching a science programme not too long ago where they admitted that scientists only know about 2-3% of all there is to know. How they know that wasn't explained.............the mind boggles.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pfgpowell wrote: »
    I wouldn't trust Wikipedia even if it told me I had two legs. Not quite to the point, but Wikipedia is horribly biased
    I don't know if it is biased, but from what I can gather it doesn't have much academic input, it is largely made up of what people "think" they know
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you take information on Wikipedia for granted without doing your own check on the sources (if there are any), then you have no grounds to complain if it turns out to be bogus. It's a fantastic site if you use it properly, but if you don't you usually turn out to be one of those whiners who says everything on it is false/biased.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know of a story where on a " ghost hunt " the tour guide took his followers to a " haunted location " and he gave them a fictional history of the place with fictional names etc etc. Anyway, the guide then pulls out an ouija board and everyone takes part. Believe it or not, they made contact with the fictional character. :)

People go mental because they actually believe they are being haunted. You know that noise you hear at night ? could be the cat knocking something over, or the boiler pissing you off or a strange shadow on the wall made from a street lamp for example, all those things are now blamed on the spirit world. The mind is an unbelievable tool. People really should be credited with an overactive imagination.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boksbox wrote: »

Well...if they are harmless enough...why aren't ASDA/ tesco and all other shops selling them?

Believe me...ouija boards are NOT a game! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The board, in itself isnt harmful, its wood after all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well...if they are harmless enough...why aren't ASDA/ tesco and all other shops selling them?

Believe me...ouija boards are NOT a game! :rolleyes:
    If there was enough demand, they would sell it. And it is a game, a stupid one at that.