kay burley co hosting the battle for number 10 tonight

13»

Comments

• Options
    Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    popeye13 wrote: »
    Burley was beyond appalling tonight.
    Her bias shone through, interrupting Miliband almost every 10 seconds, practically jumped Cameron at the end of the Q&A. It was sickly!
    Paxo did nothing more than grandstand when he had Miliband on. A sham if im honest!
    And both presenters Tories, which is hardly impartial and balanced!

Now you know how any people feel when BBC lefties like Marr hand out verbal blow jobs to Labour politicians.
  • Options
    CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now you know how any people feel when BBC lefties like Marr hand out verbal blow jobs to Labour politicians.
    Really? Marr is soft on Tory MP's when they appear on the show.
  • Options
    Ash_M1Ash_M1 Posts: 18,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The BBC is balanced compared to the right-wing Murdoch press. Right-wingers scream bias the minute they are held to account. Guess what, the BBC holds the left to account in just the same way. I know because I see it.

The trouble with 'the right' is that they believe they are untouchable. They believe they are entitled to power and wealth, unchallenged. A gentle reminder...we are supposed to live in a democracy where ideas are questioned and challenged. It's something the right wing really need to get their head around.
  • Options
    emailsemails Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i was looking at the building from which the programme was being broadvast from ,but not sure where it is , by best guess is ,its the sky news centre in isleworth?
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,016
    Forum Member
    I'm surprised no one has picked up Paxman's comment to Miliband at the end of their interview when he asked... "Are you alright Ed?" to which Ed said yes he was fine and Paxman then said "Are you sure?".

Then the studio mics were faded down...did Paxo realise he'd gone to far with the personal stuff?
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CELT1987 wrote: »
    Really? Marr is soft on Tory MP's when they appear on the show.

Didn't people used to call Paxman a Leftie before he retired, he then disclosed that he was a Conservative supporter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    I'm surprised no one has picked up Paxman's comment to Miliband at the end of their interview when he asked... "Are you alright Ed?" to which Ed said yes he was fine and Paxman then said "Are you sure?".

Then the studio mics were faded down...did Paxo realise he'd gone to far with the personal stuff?

I think he did. I think Miliband was actually quite upset about it all. I have no problem with the policies of a party being questioned and / or the judgements of said politician being challenged... but to launch a personal attack is uncalled for. Ironically, it could help Miliband because us Brits like an underdog.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    Didn't people used to call Paxman a Leftie before he retired, he then disclosed that he was a Conservative supporter.

Absolutely right. It does make me smile, it really does. I suppose it proves one thing...that BBC journalists are very good at their job. Biased Burley on the other-hand.
  • Options
    Nick GNick G Posts: 1,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    On basis if his post-election performance in 2010, I don't think so:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gkHwU4DRA8

Boulton was clearly suffering from exhaustion at the time so its not a fair reflection.