Options

HIGNFY Series 44

Comments

• Options
    WoodentopWoodentop Posts: 3,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of the best bits are when the perfectly straight laced Hislop breaks out into modern song and Merton is quick to encourage and ridicule. Good extended version and Clarkson very comfortable, but seemingly uneasy on matters of Cameron and having to slate the Mail.
  • Options
    CorabalCorabal Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those knocking the programme, just stop watching and stop posting in this topic, problem solved.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    DVDfever wrote: »
    They go to show leadership. In times of a national tragedy
    So he's looking Presidential which was Law's point.
  • Options
    DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corabal wrote: »
    Those knocking the programme, just stop watching and stop posting in this topic, problem solved.

Oh dear...
  • Options
    mikwmikw Posts: 48,715
    Forum Member
    Just caught up with the Clarkson episode of HIGNFY - very good.

I thought Will Gomperz was ok, not sure about the other guy.

Clarkson great as always - and the waxworks "tiebreaker" was fantastic, laughed for ages.
  • Options
    RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just noticed that the extended edition of tomorrow's show is on next Wednesday night NOT Monday. An edition of Imagine is in its slot (again). If you have it on series link it may not pick it up, mine didn't and I had to put it in again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RoseAnne wrote: »
    Just noticed that the extended edition of tomorrow's show is on next Wednesday night NOT Monday. An edition of Imagine is in its slot (again). If you have it on series link it may not pick it up, mine didn't and I had to put it in again.

Ta for that. I can't believe it's been bumped for another 90-minute bore-a-thon. Why can't that be on Weds instead?
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damian Lewis guest hosting tonight, should be a good one! Shame the extended edition won't be shown until next Wed which is FAR too late in my opinon! I only watch the extended as the regular ep clashes with lots of other things i watch on a Friday night which always ends up being a right pain, but having to wait until next Wed is taking the piss.
  • Options
    Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will it have caught the Phillip Schofield story or not?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    RoseAnne wrote: »
    I noticed that last night. Even looked through the regional channels to see if it was on Monday.

I may as well watch tonights (first time in a long time) because be wednesday the news will be old and if I watch tonight i'll probably forgotten it by wednesday :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I noticed that last night. Even looked through the regional channels to see if it was on Monday.

I may as well watch tonights (first time in a long time) because be wednesday the news will be old and if I watch tonight i'll probably forgotten it by wednesday :D

I can wait until Weds, and I'll just let Digiguide and my TiVo remember for me ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I can wait until Weds, and I'll just let Digiguide and my TiVo remember for me ;)
    I meant the content :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I meant the content :D

Ah, that doesn't bother me. I've caught up with topical stuff from various shows even a few months on. I soon remember back to what happened at the time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What was the continuity annoucer's comment about being 10 years about?

If it was guest hosts then shouldn't of it have been last week? or do they not could Merton filling in as the guest host starting point?
  • Options
    WoodentopWoodentop Posts: 3,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoyed tonight, but need to watch the longer version as it felt a little stunted. Infact it seems pointless not just showing the fuller episode only and making space in the schedule to accommodate.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Woodentop wrote: »
    need to watch the longer version as it felt a little stunted. Infact it seems pointless not just showing the fuller episode only and making space in the schedule to accommodate.
    I thought that aslo. Some choppy editing. I don't usually watch the 30 min version.
  • Options
    Froggie72Froggie72 Posts: 5,733
    Forum Member
    What was the continuity annoucer's comment about being 10 years about?

If it was guest hosts then shouldn't of it have been last week? or do they not could Merton filling in as the guest host starting point?

It's 10 years ago that a guest presenter replaced Angus Deayton. It was supposed to be a temporary solution... ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Froggie72 wrote: »
    It's 10 years ago that a guest presenter replaced Angus Deayton. It was supposed to be a temporary solution... ;)
    So they're not counting Merton as the first guest host.
    I guess that makes sense if they made a quick decision to have Merton fill in and were going to look for a new permenant host.
  • Options
    CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    It's a pity Damian Lewis is such a big star as he would be a good permanent host
  • Options
    lankyguy007lankyguy007 Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    The edits really piss me off. Just let it flow a bit for crying out loud.

Admittedly it's an hour and a half to two hours recording so there is quite a bit to chop. In the 90s, it apparently only used to take about 50 minutes to record.
  • Options
    Zero gravitasZero gravitas Posts: 12,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe the odd FULL 2 Hr version?:D

The show was good, but when you get a good crowd on the editors job must be hell as there's so much good stuff to cram in.
  • Options
    mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    Nope..just doesnt cut it these days. Not funny anymore.Dont know why, just lost it. Too much politics maybe and not enough fluff news items. Politics is dull to start with. Paul merton used to crack me up.
    Had to switch over again. Dont think i;ll bother watching anymore.Used to be my favourite programme
  • Options
    RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ta for that. I can't believe it's been bumped for another 90-minute bore-a-thon. Why can't that be on Weds instead?

I know. It's really irritating. I've seen the occasional edition of Imagine and it always succeeds in making even interesting topics boring. :yawn: They should leave HIGNFY alone.

Woodentop wrote: »
    Enjoyed tonight, but need to watch the longer version as it felt a little stunted. Infact it seems pointless not just showing the fuller episode only and making space in the schedule to accommodate.

Channel 4 seems to have done that this series with 8 out of 10 Cats.That used to have a main edition and an extended one. They now just have a longer show.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,552
    Forum Member
    mal2pool wrote: »
    Nope..just doesnt cut it these days. Not funny anymore.Dont know why, just lost it. Too much politics maybe and not enough fluff news items. Politics is dull to start with. Paul merton used to crack me up.
    Had to switch over again. Dont think i;ll bother watching anymore.Used to be my favourite programme

I agree. I use to love this show but it's just not funny anymore :(

The last 2 weeks I have not had a clue who the guests were and I think this is the problem as when there was more 'know' guests they interacted much more .. too many Americans IMO.

And what has happened to Paul ? It looks like he wants to be somewhere else.
  • Options
    Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    I agree. I use to love this show but it's just not funny anymore :(

The last 2 weeks I have not had a clue who the guests were and I think this is the problem as when there was more 'know' guests they interacted much more .. too many Americans IMO.

And what has happened to Paul ? It looks like he wants to be somewhere else.

Been two episodes now this series where I havent laughed once. The guests, the material and to a degree the hosts have all gone downhill.

That said, I can still enjoy the show without necessarily laughing, but it's not ideal.