trphil wrote: »
    Are you from Gallifrey? :cool:

No, worse...the Doctor Who Forum! :D
  • Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No it was a 12a

To be fair, it is confusing! I just had to look it up!
    It would appear that from a 15 cert, the age issue becomes mandatory with anything below, advisory! Not sure where a retail establishment would stand legally for refusing access to an advisory cert but I suppose it comes down to local policy! There is no right to services offered after all!
  • Options
    chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How does online shopping work?how can they tell if you are the correct age? if its something on your card then why doesn't the same apply to shops? Ive tried to buy DVDs with my card in shops before but still been asked for ID but never had a problem using my card online.
  • Options
    November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    Pull2Open wrote: »

Yes, that's the sort of talk that would get you dangling from a barbed wire by your scrotum there. :D
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    matty168 wrote: »
    When I was about 15 I got ID'd for a cricket game which was a 3+ I couldn't believe it!!

If that's true, it's hilarious and you beat all the complaints on the subject here!
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,274
    Forum Member
    Pull2Open wrote: »

:D Been there a couple of times. Never again.
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, that's the sort of talk that would get you dangling from a barbed wire by your scrotum there. :D

Actually, Doctor Who, in it's original 1963 form, was a educational drama for children. Indeed some early stories had no science fiction content at all, apart from the TARDIS arriving at the beginning of the story, and were designed to teach children about history.

As such I have no real problem calling Doctor Who a children's show, and I am a regular on the Doctor Who board.

:D
  • Options
    matty168matty168 Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    nor do i

:cool:

This honestly happened! I think I just had a thick person serving me as she forgot to put the disc in the box too
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How does online shopping work?how can they tell if you are the correct age? if its something on your card then why doesn't the same apply to shops? Ive tried to buy DVDs with my card in shops before but still been asked for ID but never had a problem using my card online.
    Online shops generally don't care. You may have to tick a box "confirming" you're at least eighteen, but that's about the extent of their policy on age restrictions. If they ask you to enter your age, it's possible to check this against the payment card, but I don't think any of the sites bother to do this.

It can only be a matter of time before the Daily Mail or similar are up in arms about kids being "exposed" to violent DVDs. I seem to remember in Germany you can't have age-restricted products delivered to your home from Amazon; you have to go collect them from a drop-off point where they will check your ID.