Options

David Moyes to be sacked as Man Utd manager

Comments

• Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No surprise especially with Paul Lambert about to become available.

We'll probably get Moyes now >:(

Moyes would be fine for Villa - he took over Everton when they were level on points with the relegation zone in 2002 and looking in a mess before turning them around. He hasn't become a bad manager overnight unless his confidence has been drained completely from him. He just ended up at the wrong place at the wrong time.
  • Options
    feckitfeckit Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David Moyes would have benefited by taken the Celtic job before Lennon at least he would have had experience of winning some silverware. Still I suppose that's why Everton supporters called him "Dithering Dave" .
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,233
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    feckit wrote: »
    David Moyes would have benefited by taken the Celtic job before Lennon at least he would have had experience of winning some silverware. Still I suppose that's why Everton supporters called him "Dithering Dave" .

I think that might be his next port of call tbh.
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do not think it was right of our fans to boo him getting off the coach yesterday, he had a shit day from that point and it just got worse.

As for Moyes maybe he would be suited at Norwich say no real expectations, and works well at a club with there budgets.

For Man U sure it has to be van gaal

As previous poster says Moyes at Celtic, Lennon at Norwich
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not think it was right of our fans to boo him getting off the coach yesterday, he had a shit day from that point and it just got worse.

As for Moyes maybe he would be suited at Norwich say no real expectations, and works well at a club with there budgets.

For Man U sure it has to be van gaal

As previous poster says Moyes at Celtic, Lennon at Norwich

As an Ipswich fan I'd be delighted to see Lennon at Norwich. He really hasn't been tested and there have been quite a few results this season for Celtic which have been questionable to say the least. They're just in a league of their own so have, on the whole, got away with them.
  • Options
    jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did say yesterday he'd gone full Hodgson. There's no turning back from that.

Not sure if Van Gaal would go there, something tells me that like Hiddink, he's at an age where he'd prefer short term international management.

Also think Sherwood will head to Carrow Road.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why doesn't Moyes save a bit of face and resign from his post tonight, and work out compo afterwards.

isn't it just dragging it onto him for the next probably 18 hours now that this time tomorrow he will be out of work
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why doesn't Moyes save a bit of face and resign from his post tonight, and work out compo afterwards.

isn't it just dragging it onto him for the next probably 18 hours now that this time tomorrow he will be out of work

The club probably want him to, hence the leak. If I was him I'd become more stubborn and drag my heals. He owes nothing to the club now (whereas before he owed the board and the overall fan base a lot for the loyalty) so he may as well get as much as he can from this mess.
  • Options
    codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If he resigns, he will get nothing.

If he is sacked, United can either keep paying him his monthly salary or try and negotiate a deal.

Either way it will cost them around thirty million.
  • Options
    rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would he still get 6 and a half years compo if he resigned? if they sack him i'm sure he'd get the full wack.
  • Options
    FireincairoFireincairo Posts: 113
    Forum Member

Not sure if Van Gaal would go there, something tells me that like Hiddink, he's at an age where he'd prefer short term international management.

van gaal is already quitting international management and has said he wants to get back into managing a club
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    van gaal is already quitting international management and has said he wants to get back into managing a club

Still can't see him at United. Spurs maybe.
  • Options
    Richie1001Richie1001 Posts: 8,217
    Forum Member
    There will be clauses in his contract that will mean he gets nothing if sacked and you can bet one of them will involve getting CL football. Anyone wanting to believe he will get paid off the full 6 years years is either being naive or just on the wind up.
  • Options
    pixel_pixelpixel_pixel Posts: 6,694
    Forum Member
    If it turns out to be true that Moyes is going to be sacked, I will be very surprised. I say this because all we got from lots of figures is that it was a long term appointment and that he would be given time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hence why I mentioned van Gaal, they could probably get a word in and start contract talks before Levy at Spurs, Spurs or Man U, I'd choose Man U
  • Options
    O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    rhynoGB wrote: »
    Would he still get 6 and a half years compo if he resigned? if they sack him i'm sure he'd get the full wack.

You know the full terms and conditions of the contract he signed then I guess?
  • Options
    Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    If it turns out to be true that Moyes is going to be sacked, I will be very surprised. I say this because all we got from lots of figures is that it was a long term appointment and that he would be given time.

And it would have been if he hadn't been so totally and utter inept at every single facet of the job!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Richie1001 wrote: »
    There will be clauses in his contract that will mean he gets nothing if sacked and you can bet one of them will involve getting CL football. Anyone wanting to believe he will get paid off the full 6 years years is either being naive or just on the wind up.

I would imagine he'd still get a pretty decent sum though. Can't see him going with nothing, even Rafa didn't do that.

I'm not sure if they'll sack him with immediate effect either, there's no real incentive to getting rid at this stage given they're playing for pride so they might give him the last 3 games.
  • Options
    rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    O'Neill wrote: »
    You know the full terms and conditions of the contract he signed then I guess?

No mr know it all, i'm going what normally happens. if you walk you get squat..if you get sacked you get more..

why so sarky?
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,233
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    codeblue wrote: »
    If he resigns, he will get nothing.

If he is sacked, United can either keep paying him his monthly salary or try and negotiate a deal.

Either way it will cost them around thirty million.

No it won't.
  • Options
    TheWireRulesTheWireRules Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    Moyes would be fine for Villa - he took over Everton when they were level on points with the relegation zone in 2002 and looking in a mess before turning them around. He hasn't become a bad manager overnight unless his confidence has been drained completely from him. He just ended up at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Can't help think he is damaged goods now. Doubt our fans would be ecstatic at the appointment, rightly or wrongly. I'd prefer to keep Lambert over him.

That said I was shocked at the Everton fans booing him. Thought that was classless to be honest. Were they really booing him because he left for Manchester United? :o

I was expecting him to get a decent reception given he was there for so long and did more than an ok job.
  • Options
    Thomas007Thomas007 Posts: 14,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suppose it's just one of those things in football really. There are managers and players who just can't make the step up when it's offered to them.

Roy Hodgson at Liverpool springs to mind in the managerial sense.

Before this, Moyes was roundly praised by many in the game for what he'd achieved with Everton, but I guess nobody really knew that that was really the highest level he was really capable of.

Thing is, when Liverpool gambled and took Rodgers, a lot of Liverpool fans were saying "whats this guy done to manage a club with massive european pedigree like Liverpool, keep Swansea up?"

He wasn't much different to Moyes in that regard, yet it looks like it to be one of the greatest appointments they could've ever made.

Some managers make the step up, some don't, so I don't begrudge United for giving Moyes the job, he deserved the chance, it just hasn't worked. A lot of Liverpool fans wanted Klopp, Guardiola, Benitez etc since they had proven track record of winning trophies, and he wasn't exactly anything to write him about in his first season either.

Bet you they wouldn't swap him for anyone in the world now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would imagine he'd still get a pretty decent sum though. Can't see him going with nothing, even Rafa didn't do that.

I'm not sure if they'll sack him with immediate effect either, there's no real incentive to getting rid at this stage given they're playing for pride so they might give him the last 3 games.

Does he get the final e games is a interesting point, I guess it comes down to if they feel Moyes, after being told he will be getting the sack can get them above Spurs.

I know on Sky News they mentioned Giggs being a possible for last e games
  • Options
    Eye ItchEye Itch Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Codeblue on the wind up? That's preposterous.

Not from the people who actually make the decision.
    No mr know it all, i'm going what normally happens. if you walk you get squat..if you get sacked you get more..

why so sarky?

Maybe because you made a statement like it was fact, when in actual fact you know just as much as everyone else. FA.
  • Options
    O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member

why so sarky?

I'm not professing to know something for certain, unlike yourself, so can hardly be called a know it all, you suggested its a sure thing he'll get "the full whack" should he get sacked so I asked you to back this reasoning up is all.

Exactly.