Options

David E. Kelley to produce new Wonder Woman series

Comments

• Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    CC was the female lead in The Expendables wasn't she?

Nope. She literally had a 5min scene with Jason Statham and that was it basically.
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deadline.com are now reporting McG may well end up directing the pilot.

Well there goes any anticipation I may have had.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kromm wrote: »
    And Charisma Carpenter not only hasn't worked for years.

I think you'll find that she has worked constantly over the last few years.
  • Options
    titfortattitfortat Posts: 9,126
    Forum Member
    Ohh cool I hope they really go all out on wonder women. Nadia Bjorlin looks wise is who I would pick to play wonder women. im not 100% sold on her acting but i have only seen her in days of our lives and that calls for over the top acting.
    But anyway finger crossed its a hit.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will be interesting to see how he handles this. Most of his shows are about law and are, in his own way, pretty formulaic. His latest show Harry's Law isn't bad but I get the feeling I've seen much of it before on Boston Legal & Picket Fences (the legal debates, at least).
  • Options
    KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    That is the question!

Might be the need for an unknown to have a go.

As long as she has Lynda Carters figure & Big Knockers I don't care :D

Agreed 100%

I'd much MUCH rather it was an unknown playing the lead.

But she has to be perfect. I'd say the casting is as hard, if not harder, than Superman.
  • Options
    thesidogthesidog Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    This isn't happening, according to Hollywood Babble on via Itunes, no network would pick it up without a pilot being made
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
    Forum Member
    thesidog wrote: »
    This isn't happening, according to Hollywood Babble on via Itunes, no network would pick it up without a pilot being made

That's old news!

As I reported in an earlier post - see above (with link to source - there are further sources confirming this too!) NBC has taken a U-turn and now greenlit the series to pilot! Various changes at NBC exec level and other circumstances are being mentiones as reasons for the change in decision. So YES< for now, NBC has greenlit a pilot, after first having rejected the idea they actually asked for, and also having the series rejected by all the other major nets.
  • Options
    KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    I think you'll find that she has worked constantly over the last few years.
    Did you deliberately ingore the next few words?
    other than guest star shots
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Deadline.com are now reporting McG may well end up directing the pilot.

Well there goes any anticipation I may have had.
    Normally McG would mean it would McSuck. I mean Charlie's Angels and Fastlane are both awful.

That said, he also had some involvement with "Chuck" and that didn't suck. So maybe there's hope.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did you deliberately ingore the next few words?

So constant guest star slots is what you would call "not working for years"?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Normally McG would mean it would McSuck. I mean Charlie's Angels and Fastlane are both awful.

That said, he also had some involvement with "Chuck" and that didn't suck. So maybe there's hope.

Sorry but Chuck does "SUCK"

The only thing that it is remotely worth watching is the blonde secret agent that Chuck fancies otherwise it's rubbish.

IMHO :D

But yes I dio aagree charlies angels & fastlane were shite. :D
  • Options
    Vardon78Vardon78 Posts: 68
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Jennifer JayneJennifer Jayne Posts: 9,022
    Forum Member
    If it was 2001 sure. But its 2011. And Charisma Carpenter not only hasn't worked for years other than guest star shots (she's been on "Greek" for example), she's also 40 years old.

Wonder Woman ain't gonna be a 40 year old, no matter how stacked she is.

Well she was in 3 films last year, The Expendables, Psychosis and House of Bones.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Has anyone else read the script summary that's floating about?

It sounds awful and they really shouldn't bother. There are too many low key superhero shows that are barely superheroes. This sounds more like Sex and the City does Wonder Woman...

ICK
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EW.com reports Adrianne Palicki has been cast as Wonder Woman in the series:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/02/16/wonder-woman-revealed/
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EW.com reports Adrianne Palicki has been cast as Wonder Woman in the series:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/02/16/wonder-woman-revealed/

I've never seen her on Friday Night Lights so don't know how good an actress she is but its definetely interesting!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »
    I've never seen her on Friday Night Lights so don't know how good an actress she is but its definetely interesting!
    This is a "thank god" moment. Because she's actually a pretty decent actress.

Also? She's TALL (5'11"). And athletic. WW needs to be both.

The biggest problem is still Kelley himself, and his inability to write strong women who aren't insufferable. So the "thank god" on the casting may be short lived when held up against what she's going to be asked to do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've been looking forward to this for years, but I just can't see it working and NOT being an utter flop.

I'm still vaguely hopeful, but it doesn't look good!
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The prospect of Wonderwoman on screen filled me with a big :yay: - attractive woman with a cleavage duffing up a neverending series of baddies, what could be more fun.

Then find out David Kelley is writting - :ug:, can't stand his writing in his many law series, not holding out much hope that it would be different in WW, but who knows.

Then find out who's been cast as the lead, and that's it for me. Oh well. :(
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know what demographic they're aiming this at because everyone I've asked has given a sort of puzzled silence.
  • Options
    not_the_doctornot_the_doctor Posts: 1,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a "thank god" moment. Because she's actually a pretty decent actress.

Also? She's TALL (5'11"). And athletic. WW needs to be both.
    She was terrific on FNL, but I have to disagree about her being athletic. She looked very awkward and gangly during an ill-advised FNL volleyball storyline, and as gorgeous as she is, I don't think her very fake looking implants are going to work well in the Wonder Woman costume. I'm really not sure she's a great fit for this role.
  • Options
    Paradise_LostParadise_Lost Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    I approve of Miss Palicki. Can't wait to see her in costume. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She was terrific on FNL, but I have to disagree about her being athletic. She looked very awkward and gangly during an ill-advised FNL volleyball storyline, and as gorgeous as she is, I don't think her very fake looking implants are going to work well in the Wonder Woman costume. I'm really not sure she's a great fit for this role.
    1.) Her breasts are the wrong shape for implants, even if they are big. Go and look online for that scene of her from South Beach where she takes her top off (you can't really see her breasts directly, but you can definitely tell that she hangs comparatively low sans top).

2.) Her expertise in one sport she may have known nothing about (and which the role might even have required she flub) isn't the best indication of her athleticism. In real life she was a basketball player and a track star in high school.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am hoping the new range of Wonder Woman make up Mac are bringing out in a couple of weeks will get all us girl geeks on board, I like the look of the lady they have cast and remain hopeful.
    I always wished I'd grow up to be Wonder Woman, if only I hadn't stopped growing at 5ft 4. I'll have to make do with a lippy instead :)