Options

How desperate is Amanda Holden since Alisha joined BGT?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Obviously based on the assumption that every human being has the same, uniform way of doing and feeling everything.

How do you know she isn't healed or feeling perfectly fine ?

Well Jason, pregnancy is one of the things that everyone is an expert in regardless of whether you've had children or not.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,044
    Forum Member
    and it was 3 weeks not 2

please tell me if you can how sitting in a chair at BGT is different from sitting in a chair at home, also how it can delay healing?

seriously the lack of common-sense on here is astounding.It is not even as if she is driving herself
  • Options
    chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    Well Jason, pregnancy is one of the things that everyone is an expert in regardless of whether you've had children or not.

I am an expert as I am a midwife , I also have 3 children of my own 2 of whom were section & prem & spent 8 & 16 weeks in Nicu, so yes I know what I'm talking about.
    Of course every new mum has to make her own decisions about when she returns to work but if she had been one of my mums , having the experience she has had I would have strongly advised against returning when she did, showbiz or not. Traumatic childbirth has profound psychological & physical long term effects, some of which do not become apparent for several months. I'm afraid any mum who tries too hard to be 'perfect' is doing herself a disservice. She must have still been sore from the section, possibly breast feeding which would not have been 'established ' after 3 weeks, & hormones all over the show. Now I am not saying she should sit at home all day in her pjs watching Jeremy Kyle, I'm saying 'give yourself a break Amanda & don't be at all surprised if u feel like kack in a few weeks/months' the guilt/anxiety/trauma/fear have a nasty way of biting your behind when you least expect it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CPeterson wrote: »
    Disgusting human being with the eyes of a dead cow and the charisma of burnt shit.

Pure Noel Coward. :)
  • Options
    loracanloracan Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rosie Red wrote: »
    Some of the comments are just so unnecessarily unpleasant it says more about the people who posted them than it does about Amanda.

...does it say that they're an erudite bunch with a sharp line in cutting wit?
  • Options
    Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    chloeb wrote: »
    I am an expert as I am a midwife , I also have 3 children of my own 2 of whom were section & prem & spent 8 & 16 weeks in Nicu, so yes I know what I'm talking about.
    Of course every new mum has to make her own decisions about when she returns to work but if she had been one of my mums , having the experience she has had I would have strongly advised against returning when she did, showbiz or not. Traumatic childbirth has profound psychological & physical long term effects, some of which do not become apparent for several months. I'm afraid any mum who tries too hard to be 'perfect' is doing herself a disservice. She must have still been sore from the section, possibly breast feeding which would not have been 'established ' after 3 weeks, & hormones all over the show. Now I am not saying she should sit at home all day in her pjs watching Jeremy Kyle, I'm saying 'give yourself a break Amanda & don't be at all surprised if u feel like kack in a few weeks/months' the guilt/anxiety/trauma/fear have a nasty way of biting your behind when you least expect it.

Great post. I find it disturbing that Amanda is so desperate to keep her job with Simon on BGT that after such a traumatic birth, the awful experience of lossing her previous baby so late in the pregnancy etc she is back at work in three weeks. How can any mother bond with her baby after such a short period of time. I realise there are lots of women who have NO CHOICE due to the economy or are left alone to support their children but Amanda is not in that situation. She has fought to have another child, only to hand it over in a matter of weeks to a nanny! I do not understand that. If you are going to have a baby, at least give the child six months of your undivided attention and love before handing the baby over to other people to bring up.
  • Options
    Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    I am waiting for the 'my PND' hell by Amanda Holden in OK magazine.
    I cannot believe that she was back at work, however limited in just 2 weeks! The pain you are still in at that stage means u really don't want to be wearing tight support Pants, unless of course the ends justify the means which Amanda obviously believes is true. She has her baby with her fair enough, but it makes all those other mums out there feel inadequate if they're not doing the same. As a previous poster says, she needs to heal inside and outside, & I'm afraid she's heading for a fall

I like Amanda too and put all the dramatic statements in the media of the birth of Holly down to her PR people making a huge drama out of it all for publicity etc. Rather disillusioned to see the interviews this weekend where she is obviously milking it for money. Ghastly. I no longer believe these dramatic headlines on the health of celebs. Always exaggerated, ridiculous stories of near death only to have the celeb photographed looking fabulous a few weeks later. I nearly died (really) in 2009 and it took me TWO YEARS to recover after spending WEEKS not DAYS in ICU, rehab. In total I was three months in hospital!!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I like Amanda too and put all the dramatic statements in the media of the birth of Holly down to her PR people making a huge drama out of it all for publicity etc. Rather disillusioned to see the interviews this weekend where she is obviously milking it for money. Ghastly. I no longer believe these dramatic headlines on the health of celebs. Always exaggerated, ridiculous stories of near death only to have the celeb photographed looking fabulous a few weeks later. I nearly died (really) in 2009 and it took me TWO YEARS to recover after spending WEEKS not DAYS in ICU, rehab. In total I was three months in hospital!!!!!

I do find it a bit odd really. If I take the ' statements ' as true then Amanda must have superhuman Physical and mental healing powers! Crikey, a lot of women are having trouble getting up the stairs 3 weeks post section let alone wear 6 inch heels, a skinny dress & restrictive Spanx knickers, bloody hell they would be uncomfortable with a scar lol. I see she has taken Hollie to work with her which is a luxury most mums don't have. I have yet to see the breast milk/posset stains though lolol
  • Options
    googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She has to do whatever she can to get the exposure she craves, given her utter lack of actual talent
  • Options
    Forum Member
    and as a midwife I find it very disturbing that you are so unsupportive of any woman who has gone through such a traumatic time

If she feels like kack in a while psoobily it may be because of people like you who feel it right to wag their know it all finger at her

and what part of , with the agreement of her doctors , have you not understood

you know I dont even really like Amanda , but I feel she has had a really rough time of late and thank god , appears to come through it with a beautiful baby and her health in tact.

I fail to see what business it is of anyone when she returned to a really easy job WITH THE AGREEMENT OF HER DOCTORS and all these people, including professionals who want to condemn her need to back off and let her enjoy what should be a really happy time for her
  • Options
    Forum Member
    oh and I now see that apparently that those on here now have access to her medical records and dont believe she was really ill ever and yet still cant get over the fact that she is back of work
  • Options
    GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Wait a minute, her heart "stopping" and she out hospital few days later and back in BGT soon.
    Sorry but it all PR BS!
  • Options
    kellygirlkellygirl Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    I don't think its wise to return to work so soon after a normal delivery, let alone a traumatic one like Amanda Holden had, but she is very lucky to have bounced back so quickly. Maybe she's a strong person and not a whinger, dining out for years on her traumatic birth story and refusing to get over it. I think she is refreshing.
  • Options
    fifitrixibellefifitrixibelle Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shefair wrote: »
    and as a midwife I find it very disturbing that you are so unsupportive of any woman who has gone through such a traumatic time

If she feels like kack in a while psoobily it may be because of people like you who feel it right to wag their know it all finger at her

you know I dont even really like Amanda , but I feel she has had a really rough time of late and thank god , appears to come through it with a beautiful baby and her health in tact.

I fail to see what business it is of anyone when she returned to a really easy job WITH THE AGREEMENT OF HER DOCTORS and all these people, including professionals who want to condemn her need to back off and let her enjoy what should be a really happy time for her

I agree......who's to say that this, for her, isn't the best thing to get over what seems to be a given, her future "issues" ? what exactly would please people, that she stay at home reliving every second?
    None of this is text book, we will all react and deal with matters on an individual basis and I think health care workers could do well to listen more.
    For myself I find any one that insists on calling another person "mum" rather than making an effort to treat those in their care as an idividual with a name is off to a poor start in that area.
  • Options
    fifitrixibellefifitrixibelle Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goaty wrote: »
    Wait a minute, her heart "stopping" and she out hospital few days later and back in BGT soon.
    Sorry but it all PR BS!

It is perfectly possible goaty...I have seen it.

However I have no idea on the specifics of AH so it may well be hyperbole but it is not impossible that it isn't.
  • Options
    Forum Member

At what point did I say I was unsupportive? I actually have great empathy with Amanda & was very happy when she and Hollie appeared and were well.
    As a midwife I stated that my advice would be to give herself some time as in my experience it will inevitably catch up with her. I also stated that returning to work was ultimately a mums decision (sorry if that word is offensive to you, but I think you'll find that most midwives refer to their new mums as mums in general conversation but on meeting will address by first name or surname) Any new mum can return to work whenever they like, I was expressing an opinion & just because it doesn't agree with yours doesn't make it less valid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree......who's to say that this, for her, isn't the best thing to get over what seems to be a given, her future "issues" ? what exactly would please people, that she stay at home reliving every second?
    None of this is text book, we will all react and deal with matters on an individual basis and I think health care workers could do well to listen more.
    For myself I find any one that insists on calling another person "mum" rather than making an effort to treat those in their care as an idividual with a name is off to a poor start in that area.

And I'd rather you didn't question my professions ability as I have never cared for you & you have no idea of the experience I have in this field.
  • Options
    fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do find it a bit odd really. If I take the ' statements ' as true then Amanda must have superhuman Physical and mental healing powers! Crikey, a lot of women are having trouble getting up the stairs 3 weeks post section let alone wear 6 inch heels, a skinny dress & restrictive Spanx knickers, bloody hell they would be uncomfortable with a scar lol. I see she has taken Hollie to work with her which is a luxury most mums don't have. I have yet to see the breast milk/posset stains though lolol[/QU OTE]

She did not breast feed. It was because she did not see the baby for three days.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    have you never heard of breast pumps?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    fredster wrote: »
    I do find it a bit odd really. If I take the ' statements ' as true then Amanda must have superhuman Physical and mental healing powers! Crikey, a lot of women are having trouble getting up the stairs 3 weeks post section let alone wear 6 inch heels, a skinny dress & restrictive Spanx knickers, bloody hell they would be uncomfortable with a scar lol. I see she has taken Hollie to work with her which is a luxury most mums don't have. I have yet to see the breast milk/posset stains though lolol[/QU OTE]

She did not breast feed. It was because she did not see the baby for three days.

We don't whether she is breast feeding, although it would be good if more celeb mothers promoted it, however it's perfectly possible to breast feed a baby that's in NICU. I expressed for 16 weeks for my baby until she was without feeding tube and able to feed herself
  • Options
    Artificial EyeArtificial Eye Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    I had been reading that this was amanda's third c-section. Her second pregnancy ended up as a stillbirth. Don't hospitals prefer mother's to give birth naturally it the baby is stillborn? I certainly have never heard of a c-section being performed on a mother who is going to give birth to a stillborn baby.
  • Options
    Rogana JoshRogana Josh Posts: 41,348
    Forum Member
    I had been reading that this was amanda's third c-section. Her second pregnancy ended up as a stillbirth. Don't hospitals prefer mother's to give birth naturally it the baby is stillborn? I certainly have never heard of a c-section being performed on a mother who is going to give birth to a stillborn baby.

It's all the rage these days! Remember Victoria Beckham, Cherie Blair and many others?
  • Options
    Forum Member

there are a multitude of reasons why such a baby would be born by c section

not least that she already had a c section

perhaps the baby was breech, perhaps there was a pelvic /head mismatch in size

perhaps Amanda was too ill to give birth naturally

certainly there are those too posh to push be we just dont know why Amanda had caesarians
  • Options
    Forum Member
    there are a multitude of reasons why such a baby would be born by c section

not least that she already had a c section

perhaps the baby was breech, perhaps there was a pelvic /head mismatch in size

perhaps Amanda was too ill to give birth naturally

certainly there are those too posh to push be we just dont know why Amanda had caesarians

Generally yes it is preferably that a baby that has died in utero is born vaginally, this is to alleviate the possible distress a scar, the pain etc will cause an already distraught parent, sections also have implications for further deliveries. However Amanda had already had a section so I would speculate there was proven head/ pelvis disproportion so a normal delivery would not have been possible. As I say, speculation....(although I see Amanda & baby are front page on the Sun today. Amanda is obviously happy to divulge her obs history perhaps she will spill that bit of info : )
  • Options
    Forum Member
    again as a midwife I find it disturbing that you are being so snide and unsupportive of this woman who has had such a bad time of late

and no you have not written you are unsupportive it is just your attitude in everything you post

and if you cant see it that is even more disturbing , this woman has had a dreadful time, with her Doctors agreement she has gone back to a really easy job and all you want to do is put her down and post how she will have problems later . Why on earth as a human being let alone a midwife would you want to do this to someone whom you know how difficult a time she has had.

I can just about get those ignorant individuals who dont know exactly how traumatic a time she has had, but why someone whose profession is about supporting women through the trials and tribulation of childbirth should want to post snide comments about Amanda and how she is deciding to get on with her life post such a traumatic birth is beyond me