Options

Deal or No Deal (No Spoilers — Part 21)

Comments

• Options
    StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    Rich Tea. wrote: »
    It was mentioned lots at the time in '88. I knew it was a cover of Tommy James & The Shondells.

As for Curls Allowed....:blush:

I like Sarahsaurus, like Girls Aloud, of course I don't like them as much as Kylie Minogue, but I still think they're good. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I understand, I hold the same view of Girls Aloud fandom. :D

And I hold the same view of the tv show Pointless, because it is absolutely pointless! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    GoCompareThis Pure greed right there!

Incorrect. I always intended to open EVERY box and buy box 23.

40-50k as I said in my game would have been my thinking point. However due to there been 2 halves and a nothing previously I would of gambled a larger amount.

Everybody there knew this was my intention I'd said it from the start, Please don't comment on what you know nothing about. When I went for my audition in September they wanted people who like box 23. I've always been a big fan of it.

Sarahsaurus , Woodbine Thank you, you got it.

My favourite Kylie single even though I've been with her right from the start is “Get Outta My Way” I had an exact system of the order I would open the boxes in. I ranked my least favourite songs to favourite and opened them based on their chart positions, If I had two songs that peaked at number 6 like “Shocked” and “What Do I Have To Do” I picked my favourite of the 2....in this case “What Do I Have to Do” I love them songs so that's why box 6 was nearly last. Hope this makes sense.... the producers thought this may confuse the audience though as it is a bit chart geeky I guess.

Rich Tea. I did come for more. I'm not destitute. I wasn't picked to go on because I was poor and desperate for money. What's wrong with that? To win big you have to go for it. I have a successful business I went to play the game for fun, meet Noel who I've grown up with. Them opportunities are priceless.

Most of all I read these pages. I know that you're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't. If I had dealt at the 28k and had the 250 in my box you would of gone what an idiot selling his box for such a low amount. Hindsight is great and easy to comment from the sofa. Can't wait to see your game obviously you'll be very humble and play safe and you'll play the perfect game.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    GoCompareThis Pure greed right there!

Incorrect. I always intended to open EVERY box and buy box 23.

40-50k as I said in my game would have been my thinking point. However due to there been 2 halves and a nothing previously I would of gambled a larger amount.

Everybody there knew this was my intention I'd said it from the start, Please don't comment on what you know nothing about. When I went for my audition in September they wanted people who like box 23. I've always been a big fan of it.

Sarahsaurus , Woodbine Thank you, you got it.

My favourite Kylie single even though I've been with her right from the start is “Get Outta My Way” I had an exact system of the order I would open the boxes in. I ranked my least favourite songs to favourite and opened them based on their chart positions, If I had two songs that peaked at number 6 like “Shocked” and “What Do I Have To Do” I picked my favourite of the 2....in this case “What Do I Have to Do” I love them songs so that's why box 6 was nearly last. Hope this makes sense.... the producers thought this may confuse the audience though as it is a bit chart geeky I guess.

Rich Tea. I did come for more. I'm not destitute. I wasn't picked to go on because I was poor and desperate for money. What's wrong with that? To win big you have to go for it. I have a successful business I went to play the game for fun, meet Noel who I've grown up with. Them opportunities are priceless.

Most of all I read these pages. I know that you're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't. If I had dealt at the 28k and had the 250 in my box you would of gone what an idiot selling his box for such a low amount. Hindsight is great and easy to comment from the sofa. Can't wait to see your game obviously you'll be very humble and play safe and you'll play the perfect game.

Hello there. Did you have a good time? Sorry to see that you left with nothing. :(

However I appreciate the fact that you were very brave as in my opinion there have been quite a lot of cautious deals of late. I'm assuming if you'd have won £250,000, you'd have used box 23? If that's so, it's a good job you didn't as you would have gone away with nothing. :D

As for the last paragraph that you've posted, I agree to an extent but for me personally, I'd have dealt the £28,000 and wouldn't have used box 23, I wouldn't buy it for any more than £10,000. If I went on the show, I would look at the board and think of an amount of money that it would take to get me out of the chair.

Also, when you said the bit about 40-50k, for thinking to deal, I again am assuming that it would depend on the board.

For me, if the £250,000 was at 2 box, it'd need to be about £60,000 minimum (1p and £250k scenario)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Hello Strictly yes it could of been a lot worse. I would of gone for it if I'd of had the 250 in my box based on what had happened in the previous few games both money back & double were due to come to the table. I'd even discussed this the night before with my sister & mother who had come down to see my game and told them I didn't want them trying to influence my decisions.

It was a brilliant experience and I didn't come away with nothing I had free travel, hotel, food, drinks and even clothes and the experience was priceless.
  • Options
    richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 218,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Box 1 please

And welcome in John :)

Very gutsy gameplay and well earned respect from him on the phone, even if you didn't get the result you desired money wise :)
  • Options
    ScrumperScrumper Posts: 3,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Box 8 please!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    Box 16 please :) I don`t know how to get it darker :(
  • Options
    SarahsaurusSarahsaurus Posts: 3,673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello Strictly yes it could of been a lot worse. I would of gone for it if I'd of had the 250 in my box based on what had happened in the previous few games both money back & double were due to come to the table. I'd even discussed this the night before with my sister & mother who had come down to see my game and told them I didn't want them trying to influence my decisions.

It was a brilliant experience and I didn't come away with nothing I had free travel, hotel, food, drinks and even clothes and the experience was priceless.

Thank you John for your comments about your game. Very few contestants ever come on here afterwards to discuss their game after it has aired. I am sure many of them do not even know that this forum exists.

it is interesting that you say you would have gone for Box23 even if you had won the £250K. That would have been inadvisable,as £250,000 at Box23 is worth only £227,000 if you average out the results,because you lose so much on Half. Playing it for such a large amount,+£10,000 is hardly better than Money Back. You are really playing only for Double.

Also,it does not matter what had happened in previous games regarding Box23. What had or had not come out recently had no effect on the chances of each result coming out in your game. The chances of each result were and are always the same, 1 in 5 or 20% for each result. Double may not have come out for a while,but that does not mean it was "due",or any more likely to come out than any of the other results. The boxes do not have "memories." This has been discussed several times on this forum in the past year since Box23 was introduced.

Thank you again for giving us some insight into the way you played your game.
  • Options
    SmithmanSmithman Posts: 6,184
    Forum Member
    BOX LIST FOR W/C MON. 09/02/2015

1. Richie4eva
    2. Digiremote
    4. Coupon Boy
    5. Stan Marsh
    7. GoCompareThis
    8. Scrumper
    9. Rich Tea.
    11. Rhumble
    12. Marianna01
    14. Smithman
    15. Jediknight2k1
    16. Paul Chatter
    17. Pink Knight
    18. Ramraider1
    19. StrictlyEastend
    20. RegTumbler
    22. Eugenespeed
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thank you John for your comments about your game. Very few contestants ever come on here afterwards to discuss their game after it has aired. I am sure many of them do not even know that this forum exists.

it is interesting that you say you would have gone for it even if you had won the £250K. That would have been inadvisable,as £250,000 at Box23 is worth only £227,000 if you average out the results,because you lose so much on Half. Playing it for such a large amount,+£10,000 is hardly better than Money Back. You are really playing only for Double.

Also,it does not matter what had happened in previous games regarding Box23. What had or had not come out recently had no effect on the chances of each result coming out in your game. The chances of each result were and are always the same, 1 in 5 or 20% for each result. Double may not have come out for a while,but that does not mean it was "due",or any more likely to come out than any of the other results. The boxes do not have "memories." This has been discussed several times on this forum in the past year since Box23 was introduced.

Thank you again for giving us some insight into the way you played your game.

I can't recall during my time of posting on this thread, any of the contestants providing comments about their game before.
  • Options
    SmithmanSmithman Posts: 6,184
    Forum Member
    Box 16 please :) I don`t know how to get it darker :(

If you use the "Add Reply" button (rather than the "Quick Reply" option) there is a row of icons across the top of the message box - highlight the text you want bolded and then press the capital "B" at the left of that row and hey-presto that text is darkened :)
  • Options
    SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Advertised wrong then as this should be double trouble week?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Charlie's game today, I wonder what his game has in store for us? ;)

I agree with Charlie about John's game but I admire John for actually using box 23 for £15,000, when any others who press their button for a similar amount, don't. Even though I wouldn't have used box 23 for £15,000 I admire John for his determination and I also love his Kylie Minogue strategy! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    £100,000. :(

Followed by 10p! :D
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My EPG says DOND: Double Trouble should be on now. What happened to the couples? :confused:
  • Options
    Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What happened to couples week? It was flagged up from today and says they are meant to be playing together on my freeview guide? :confused:

I'll go for a straight £5,000 offer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'd offer £7,700 but I'll predict £5,500
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would predict £6,000.
  • Options
    SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What happened to couples week? It was flagged up from today and says they are meant to be playing together on my freeview guide? :confused:

I'll go for a straight £5,000 offer.
    Same here, well done ch4 :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member

I didn't know this until you brought it up, thank you. :)

Yep I don't understand what has happened to doubles week, I think it's got mixed up with next week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Prediction first offer £5,200
  • Options
    Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last weeks trailers kept saying it was from this Monday. After all, by next Monday Valentine's Day will have been and gone by 2 days. Baffled!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same prediction as me. Also, a very early break at 3:07! :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Can someone explain what`s happened to Couple`s week :confused::confused::confused:
This discussion has been closed.