Options

Driver Tells Gay Couple “Get Off The Bus”

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hazydayz wrote: »
    I think at the very least he should be named and have his picture put in the newspapers online. That alone should cause him and his family enough embaressment among their neighbours and let them know what kind of family they live next to.

Punishment by all means, but just enough to shake their real life just like he affected their real life.
    Hmmm ................. punish the family too? Yes that sounds sensible. In fact why not his relatives and friends too ............................ anyone that knows him and any shops that he goes into?

How about sewing yellow stars onto their clothing just so we all know that they think differently to you?

Who knows if we follow your path to "justice" we might even be able to come up with a Final Solution.

Shame on you !!!
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    jjwales wrote: »
    We have no idea how many gay people were on the bus!

Then why say "all gay people" when that member was talking of those two on the bus?

What's the max capacity on one of those buses, anybody know?
  • Options
    The MartianThe Martian Posts: 1,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I, Candy wrote: »
    Yes, the heat can make people overreact to relatively miner incidents.

This is the worst one ever: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senghenydd_Colliery_Disaster
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    seacam wrote: »
    And the tolerance towards the gay couple was shown where??

Nobody yet knows either way do they.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to the reports he drove them to their chosen destination notwithstanding their behaviour (offensive or otherwise).
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,574
    Forum Member
    Then why say "all gay people" when that member was talking of those two on the bus?
    It was an attempt at sarcasm. Sorry if it failed!
  • Options
    MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jjwales wrote: »
    Yes, because all gay people are nasty unpleasant creatures whose only aim in life is publicity and compensation. :o

And all straight people are evil homophobes who should be damned without being given a hearing. ;-)
  • Options
    Jasper92Jasper92 Posts: 1,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Technically it's not his bus anyway. The taxpayer paid for it, it's for public use, so we share the bus. What I'm most outraged about is the abusive language directed towards the alleged victims, although if the couple really were trying to bite each other's faces off, that would be unsettling for me as well.
  • Options
    academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hazydayz wrote: »
    I think at the very least he should be named and have his picture put in the newspapers online. That alone should cause him and his family enough embaressment among their neighbours and let them know what kind of family they live next to.

Punishment by all means, but just enough to shake their real life just like he affected their real life.

:D:D His neighbours will probably be with him all the way.
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And here we go again. Just remove bus driver replace it with Sainsbury's security guard and outraged mother and repost that entire thread?
  • Options
    WanderinWonderWanderinWonder Posts: 3,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    academia wrote: »
    :D:D His neighbours will probably be with him all the way.

I bet you're 'with him all the way' too.
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That will be seen when the bus comapny finishes their investigating and views the CCTV, until then the driver should not be presumed guilty.
  • Options
    bluefbbluefb Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    QT 3.14 wrote: »
    As usual, there will be more to this story that we are being told. I'm going with they'll claim it was a peck on the lips, but in reality they were trying to taste what each other had for breakfast. Then when someone complained about not wanting their young children to see such acts and the driver had had a word the gay card was whipped out faster than a choir boy at a Church orgy.

Wow, looks like you've cracked the case, QT. It was those sneaky, conniving gays all along, huh? Should've known.
  • Options
    bluefbbluefb Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sinistra wrote: »
    The Gay Lobby - Demanding of tolerance yet totally intolerant .........................

Yeah, that (not at all fictional) Gay Lobby, totally intolerant of intolerance and unprovoked hatred. How DARE they?! It's political correctness gone mad, I tell you! I mean, even the name sounds perverse: 'Gay Lobby'? It leaves a nasty taste in the mouth. Ooh, missus! >:(>:(:cry:
  • Options
    academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bet you're 'with him all the way' too.

I'm in two minds. A peck on the lips wouldn't upset me at all. But I also feel that there is a staged feeling to these episodes, an elememt of testing boundaries. It isn't wise.
    Somebody here called for the driver's dismissal and doesn't care if he has a family to support - other people will care even if gays don't. It won't do the cause any good if that were to happen.
    And lf course the couple have waited a long time to go public, long enough for the CCTVevidence to have disappeared and witnesses to be untraceable. I cannot help but wonder why.
    On the other hand, if the incident happened exactly as the couple described, it does seem a massive overreaction by the driver. Such a pity we didn't get his side of the story. However, when the couple go the police and he gets charged, we'll hear his side of it then.
    U fil then, I'm prepared to suspend judgement on the matter.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    London bus drivers tend to be ar5eholes, so happy if this one is given the boot....just to make me fee better!
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I, Candy wrote: »
    Yes, the heat can make people overreact to relatively miner incidents.

Especially if they've been driven underground? :cool:
  • Options
    CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    Especially if they've been driven underground? :cool:

It was the bus not the underground :)
  • Options
    jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    academia wrote: »
    I'm in two minds. A peck on the lips wouldn't upset me at all. But I also feel that there is a staged feeling to these episodes, an elememt of testing boundaries. It isn't wise.
    Somebody here called for the driver's dismissal and doesn't care if he has a family to support - other people will care even if gays don't. It won't do the cause any good if that were to happen.
    And lf course the couple have waited a long time to go public, long enough for the CCTVevidence to have disappeared and witnesses to be untraceable. I cannot help but wonder why.
    On the other hand, if the incident happened exactly as the couple described, it does seem a massive overreaction by the driver. Such a pity we didn't get his side of the story. However, when the couple go the police and he gets charged, we'll hear his side of it then.
    U fil then, I'm prepared to suspend judgement on the matter.

Bib - you see I just don't understand this argument - gay couples can get married now... what possible boundaries are they testing? I have kissed my partners on buses - I have kissed her in the street... in the cinema... on station platforms... and NONE of it was about 'testing boundaries' - it was just about sharing a kiss. My expectation is that I can and will behave in exactly the same way as is acceptable for straight couples... and if you don't think there is kissing happening on buses after 10.30pm in London then I can only assume you have never been on one.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    QT 3.14 wrote: »
    As usual, there will be more to this story that we are being told. I'm going with they'll claim it was a peck on the lips, but in reality they were trying to taste what each other had for breakfast. Then when someone complained about not wanting their young children to see such acts and the driver had had a word the gay card was whipped out faster than a choir boy at a Church orgy.
    Because it is literally unimaginable that two gay people could encounter homophobic behaviour, you mean?
    lordOfTime wrote: »
    The situation is sounding less and less what the OP Title suggests though I confess I have not read the links.
    :D Lol. Unbelievable.
    cultureman wrote: »
    Why does the media always claim that people are 'thrown off' or 'thrown out' of vehicles or places, when actually they are simply asked or at worst told to leave?
    I'm pretty sure that everyone understands 'thrown off' as meaning 'told to leave' and not 'picked up and hurled into the gutter'.
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    And just like the Sainsbury's couple it will have been more than a peck on the cheek. I honestly hope there will be proof of what happened and they are found to be lying,maybe then people will think twice before making shit up to get people on their side.
    Why are you getting into an actual habit of rewriting press stories to meet your personal prejudices?
    Sinistra wrote: »
    According to the reports he drove them to their chosen destination notwithstanding their behaviour (offensive or otherwise).
    It is bizarre to suggest that a bus driver is showing tolerance if he 'drives people to their chosen destination' when all he has done is followed his designated route while hurling abuse at the other passengers.
  • Options
    dip_transferdip_transfer Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul237 wrote: »
    Considering your age, I assume you're trolling. :p

Hardly trolling, more like taking the piss.
  • Options
    MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member
    Hardly trolling, more like taking the piss.

The mods seem to have thought otherwise. I fear they are correct.
  • Options
    dip_transferdip_transfer Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MAW wrote: »
    The mods seem to have thought otherwise. I fear they are correct.

I fear the mods are generally swayed by the faux outrage and the alert button pushers;-)
  • Options
    MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member
    I fear the mods are generally swayed by the faux outrage and the alert button pushers;-)

Most people here don't need quite that much protection from the evil trollz. I think it's often better to leave offending posts in place, rather than leaving a sanitised version of people's posting history. WNS must have about 30% of his output deleted.
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are you getting into an actual habit of rewriting press stories to meet your personal prejudices?

As I stated to another poster I have no personal prejudices as I am pansexual. I am just of the belief that these victim stories are lies until proven truth, as evidenced by the majority of them being proven false and made up by the "victim".