Personal Message To Salmond & Sturgeon

2»

Comments

• Options
    balthasarbalthasar Posts: 2,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    corh5 wrote: »
    They should do the honourable thing and step down, would have expected the same from Cameron, clegg and Milliband in the event of a Yes vote.

That is the way it normally works, if you campaign on a very big issue for the country and the country says no, you stand down.

Maybe the tealady at SNP headquarters is going to be where the buck stops in this case.:D
  • Options
    deptfordbakerdeptfordbaker Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Osusana wrote: »
    Sadly I don't think that they are going to crawl back into their sludge.

I think that depends on what devolution Scotland gets and whether the other countries get the same.
  • Options
    CharlotteswebCharlottesweb Posts: 18,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fefster wrote: »
    Cards on the table - I was a NO voter

I do think Salmond should go but not Sturgeon who I think is more moderate and far more sensible.

If I could say something to both of them it would be that the NO vote did not win, the YES vote lost. The YES vote lost because you tried to push through fundamental change on the strength of an antiquated Braveheart rhetoric and the Scottish electorate sent you packing.

Next time, if there is one, you need to actually have a plan. As it is, you have let down every single man and woman who wants independence for Scotland with the utterly pathetic planning and lack of campaign structure.

This is what I said yesterday in the big thread.

An actual plan, with an understandable roadmap to an independent scotland laid out so all voters knew precisely what they were voting for, and the possible pitfalls, would I think have won easily.

That it was just a PR and soundbite farce from both sides shows how poor the political class of this country really are. There isnt a competent party leader among them.
  • Options
    CelticMythCelticMyth Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm having boiled fish this morning in their honour.
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They tried to split up the country with terrible economic arguments. A currency Union in independence, what a laugh that is.
  • Options
    JELLIES0JELLIES0 Posts: 6,709
    Forum Member
    pope_tart wrote: »
    Poor Alex salmond.....he must feel like the man who walked into a cake shop and demanded the shop and was only given free gateaux for life

I bet he'll be crying this morning and giggling like a loon before dinner time :D

I went into a Scottish cake shops and asked "Is that a cake or a meringue ?"
    The assistant said " Noo yer right, it's a cake"

Trouble was, all this talk of Salmond and Sturgeon sounded a bit fishy to me ;)

Ads wrote: »
    My personal message to them is that their lack of gracefulness when conceding shows just what bitter, unpleasant people they are. They have fought a campaign based on lies, intimidation and anti Englishness, which the majority of Scots saw for what it was, and the two of them should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

Quite seriously, this is spot on
  • Options
    MagnamundianMagnamundian Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your all puddled.

Alex Salmond and the SNP all wanted a referedum with a Devolution Max option. Cameron refused that option.

When it looked like Scotland was going to go independent, Cameron Miliband and Clegg all offered a heap of additional powers if people vote No.

Salmond and the SNP have won exactly what they wanted in the first place, and a 45% vote is a strong bargaining position for those powers.

If LibLabCon don't deliver, there will be an outcry in Scotland and independence will be back on the table with a much larger vote in favour.

The only way the SNP could have lost would have been a decisive vote for No in the region of 70-80%.
  • Options
    pope_tartpope_tart Posts: 3,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your all puddled.

The only way the SNP could have lost would have been a decisive vote for No in the region of 70-80%.

and even then, as you said, they would have still got all the extra powers :D

there was no loss really just less gain :D
  • Options
    CoolSharpHarpCoolSharpHarp Posts: 7,565
    Forum Member
    Your all puddled.

Alex Salmond and the SNP all wanted a referedum with a Devolution Max option. Cameron refused that option.

When it looked like Scotland was going to go independent, Cameron Miliband and Clegg all offered a heap of additional powers if people vote No.

Salmond and the SNP have won exactly what they wanted in the first place, and a 45% vote is a strong bargaining position for those powers.

If LibLabCon don't deliver, there will be an outcry in Scotland and independence will be back on the table with a much larger vote in favour.

According to WOS, Salmond and the SNP only wanted a YES/NO question.

http://wingsoverscotland.com/does-alex-salmond-need-a-translator/
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Salmond worked all his political life for last night, won't ever get that chance again. Failed.
  • Options
    wallsterwallster Posts: 17,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    Salmond worked all his political life for last night, won't ever get that chance again. Failed.

Epic failure.
  • Options
    Thomas007Thomas007 Posts: 14,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »

He may of failed last night but he was never expected to win, the SNP were never in a winning position ever here, he "may" have started the long run independence, I have no idea how Scotland will vote in future years, but the SNP still have a mandate being the largest party in Holyrood and as long as they are in that position they will rightly campaign for greater sovereignty for Scotland. Its up to Scotland to vote them out if they don't want them.

45% was a pretty damn good result given they only had 2 polls in the entire two years showing a YES vote for independence with 100s saying NO.
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alex Salmond presented the ugly face of nationalism in all it's ugliness. He played to the narrow minded , the anti Westminster anti English too much at the expense of presenting a vision and an all encompassing future that included everyone. He tried to divide and conquer, he gambled and failed.
  • Options
    AliceyAlicey Posts: 5,294
    Forum Member
    It's almost unheard of for an Independence referendum to return a No vote. They messed it up even more than the Quebec Independence lot did, where there was only a 1% gap.
  • Options
    fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    Alicey wrote: »
    It's almost unheard of for an Independence referendum to return a No vote. They messed it up even more than the Quebec Independence lot did, where there was only a 1% gap.

I think you'll find that this was a pretty unique situation
  • Options
    SupportSupport Posts: 70,838
    Administrator
    This thread has been closed as it is not constructive.

Ahahaha.
This discussion has been closed.