Options

Man United Supporters Thread (Part 47)

Comments

• Options
    Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    unfortunately my conversations with JMTD are like groundhog day, its just ''you said this about de gea and blind'' over and over again, he's been on it for months and still won't drop it even tho it has been discussed to death. if he is going to continue bringing it up at random moments for no apparent reason then the arguments are just going to continue. JMTD is the guy who was still backing Moyes when we were sitting down in 7th/8th and getting battered at home by Liverpool, but do you see me on his case about it every time he posts something, nope...

I can't speak for JMTD, so I'm not going to respond to the points that you raise here.

You've made your point, he's made his. Perhaps that'll be the end of it, eh?
  • Options
    Banana RamaBanana Rama Posts: 3,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Question for everyone, if we could get Bale in the summer with De Gea going the other way, and replace De Gea with Cech, would you do it?
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I just thought that I would pop by to wish you all a very merry Christmas, and I hope to pop in more often.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Question for everyone, if we could get Bale in the summer with De Gea going the other way, and replace De Gea with Cech, would you do it?

No, just no, De Gea is just too importance a player to let go, as good as Bale is, he is not worth letting De Gea going the other way.

Plus Cech is no way near the same keeper he was just a few years ago.
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not a chance. De gea would be worth upwards of £60 million simply because of his talent and age. He is one of 4 keepers that are battling for the best in the world .
    Courtios
    Neur
    De gea
    Hart
    These keepers won't become available any time soon if at all.

midfielders and strikers seem to go for silly money but keepers tend to be overlooked for some reason but they are what holds the team together.
    If you have a good keeper then the defence know they don't have to worry too much knowing he is in net. Midfield are the same, they know that defence and in goal is sorted so they and the strikers just attack.

Bale was ridiculously over priced and that was simply because levy is one hell of a beast to try and negotiate with so I they only time degea going to Madrid abd bale coming over here would involve cash coming our way too.
  • Options
    Grim FandangoGrim Fandango Posts: 4,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tbh, I'd probably go for it. We'd struggle to get a keeper quite as good as DDG, but I'm a huge fan of Bale.

Bale, DiM, Roo all flooding forward, oh my.

p.s the idea that they'd offer us Bale + cash is ridiculous.
  • Options
    Banana RamaBanana Rama Posts: 3,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I ask the question because De Gea only has one year left on his contract this summer, so the situation is a bit precarious. If he hasn't renewed by the summer and Madrid are willing to let Bale come the other way then I would do it. Remember we have had Valdes training with us, is he the replacement in case De Gea goes...
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this the same Bale that chose Madrid over us?

He can bugger off.

Dave stays ok! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tbh, I'd probably go for it. We'd struggle to get a keeper quite as good as DDG, but I'm a huge fan of Bale.

Bale, DiM, Roo all flooding forward, oh my.

p.s the idea that they'd offer us Bale + cash is ridiculous.

Your right in saying they would never offer us money plus bale for De gea , the original question was would we be up for a bale and de gea t?straight swap, which I answered in a hypothetical manner. The only way I'd be up for it is what I posted, money plus De gea for bale.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just thought I'd wish you all a merry Christmas seeing as I won't be on at all tomorrow as the wife will confiscate my phone lol.

Might pop on in the evening.

Merry Christmas , from peter, the wife and kids.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your right in saying they would never offer us money plus bale for De gea , the original question was would we be up for a bale and de gea t?straight swap, which I answered in a hypothetical manner. The only way I'd be up for it is what I posted, money plus De gea for bale.

Ah, I see. I evidently translated your post incorrectly...
    'they only time degea going to Madrid abd bale coming over here would involve cash coming our way too'
  • Options
    f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Bale thing keeps cominging up, but where the hell is the foundation for such a story. It just seems like easy tabloid fodder.

Players don't move to Real Madrid for such a high fee for just over a year. And we certainly shouldn't be in the business of buying a player in such circumstances
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    f_196 wrote: »
    The Bale thing keeps cominging up, but where the hell is the foundation for such a story. It just seems like easy tabloid fodder.

Players don't move to Real Madrid for such a high fee for just over a year. And we certainly shouldn't be in the business of buying a player in such circumstances

It's simply speculation, but it's sometimes fun to speculate :) I expect we'll be linked with all kinds of swap deals involving their players as long as DDG's contract issues remain unresolved.

The most likely thing is they're going to offer a bumper fee for him, and he's the one that will decide if he stays or goes. We won't be able to stop him as it would risk him going on a free the following summer.
  • Options
    Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Buying Bale seems like a ridiculous suggestion, considering the fees being bandied about.

We need defenders and possibly midfield players. Selling De Gea at this point, unless he's desperate to go, would appear to be lunacy.

Valdes could possibly step in, but I'd still question the wisdom of any 'swap' deal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Speaking of contracts we really need to get Carrick's sorted out pronto!
  • Options
    The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 202,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dude, good to see you posting again mucker, & Merry Christmas, to one & all on this thread ....... plus Joey :p:D
  • Options
    TribecTribec Posts: 9,335
    Forum Member

Isn't he now on the famous United rolling 1 year contract due to his age?
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dude, good to see you posting again mucker, & Merry Christmas, to one & all on this thread ....... plus Joey :p:D

Thanks Sleeps and a merry Christmas to you mate :p:)
  • Options
    AZ fanAZ fan Posts: 1,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Merry Christmas to all the United fans on here and Vrolijke Kerst to Louis and Truus :)

Bring on the Magpies!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Many thanks, I just needed a break, it is good to be back though!

I hope that everyone has a wonderful day today!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Merry Christmas everyone :)
  • Options
    O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    Merry Christmas all:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope everyone watched Paddy's Christmas message at three!

It has become quite the ritual to watch it in this house!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope everyone watched Paddy's Christmas message at three!

It has become quite the ritual to watch it in this house!

No I didn't watch it, I was eating my dinner with my pickled onions.
  • Options
    TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    No I didn't watch it, I was eating my dinner with my pickled onions.

Couldn't you eat your dinner with a knife and fork like normal people?
This discussion has been closed.