Options

New Doctor Who Fan (Part Davison)

Comments

• Options
    Eowyn WEowyn W Posts: 6,792
    Forum Member
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    A few people in here may want to take a deep calming breath before venturing on to the main board and see the latest deliberately provocative thread title....*face palm*

I saw it! I have been taking deep breathes and walking away from the computer...
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gives eowyn a nudge

will DS ever fix this problem?:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gives eowyn a nudge

will DS ever fix this problem?:(

Nope, never ever - it will go on and on into perpetuity...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eowyn W wrote: »
    Nope, never ever - it will go on and on into perpetuity...

much like Doctor Who then......:D

oh well time for all good girls to be in bed i guess....night;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    much like Doctor Who then......:D

oh well time for all good girls to be in bed i guess....night;)

Me too - I am up way too late. Goodnight.

:yawn::sleep:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,666
    Forum Member
    Worst line?
    "I can't stand the confusion in my mind!"
    :D

Oh yes, that one was terrible. There was another but I just can't remember which one.
    I am just listening to the commentary now and PD was saying that his son (who was 2 1/2 at the time the commentary was being recorded) became quite obsessed with DW as PD was watching the story again before recording the commentary and took to calling him Doctor Daddy and wanted to play at being the Doctor while daddy played Davros.

Awww... :)

That is lovely. As for Five's best stories... Mmmh... *dubious look*
    We saw all of those quite recently in our Classic Who re-watch - all very good exits.
    trollface wrote: »
    Possibly the best companion exit ever, in my opinion. Probably Jamie and Zoe are the only ones that surpass it for me.

To me Jamie and Zoe's is the best companion exit, followed by Jo's, because it had a strong yet subtle emotional touch to it.
    Macek wrote: »
    Leaving aside possibilities of Jack's appearance in DW anytime soon, I like to think Jack's bond with the Doctor is pretty much everlasting. Doesn't mean it's impossible to write them into a story as enemies or whatever, but seeing what they went through together already... The Doctor would have to regenerate into a terrible monster (which is never gonna happen probably, unless they're gonna kill the show), or do something terrible to Jack, intentionally (which I doubt is going to happen either), for Jack to lose his affection.

I mean, from Jack's perspective, he's beyond just fancying the Doctor (although I'm sure he could find every Doctor's incarnations fanciable in some way still), it's much, much deeper. Of course it's basically a kind of unrequited love, but, you know, if Jack's OK with that... It can last very long time. ;)
    And from the Doctor's point of view... Well, he might have a different character, but he's still a lone adventurer. So even in the worse case scenario, if he feels nothing for Jack personally, he might still need his help at some point (I'm being very cynical now, I'm so sorry).

But again, I like to think that at least the thought of having a friendly "freak" somewhere in the universe might keep their relationship alive, whether they're destined to meet again or not.

I love your point of view.
    daznov11 wrote: »
    French -3 (reading), 4 (listening) - I'm really disappointed with my listening grade as I need 2 3's to push my grade to an overall credit.

Il faut regarder des films en v.o., c'est la seule solution ! A part déménager en France, bien sûr ;)
    But overall it looks like very good grades, congrats !
    huzzzaaah!!!

having caught up with the IJ thread and seeing and reading all about the distress it has caused, I have come to a dramatic decision, in which my story writing skills and special abilities at clearing up cliff hanger endings have reached a new high!!!

*I* have SOLVED the "save Ianto Jones" problem in one hit!

what I have done is as follows:

*the story continues.....*

....Jack is holding his beloved Ianto, as Ianto drifts slowly into the sleep of death......Jack is sobbing over him, regretting for never telling him how he really felt.....Jack is full of remorse, it is now too late and those unsaid thoughts and feelings will remain for ever unsaid.........

............Jack feels a comforting hand on his shoulder....he turns to see Tosh and Owen standing beside him...they exchange weak smiles......and as the grip on Jack's shoulder gets firmer and stronger....Jack is confused.....

why is Owen shaking him sooooo hard?? he is in grief for his friend ....the shoulder shake becomes a vicious thump!

Jack turns to confront Owen, when he suddenly hears "Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaccccckkkkkkkk!! get up!!!! it's gone 7.30 and you should be in the shower!!..."

...and Jack woke up from a nasty dream to see Ianto standing over him holding Jack's shower gel and sponge...

IT WAS ALL DREAM!

.....sorted!!

*wonders about re-writing Shakespeare.....he got it soooo wrong!, Romeo and Juliet didn't both die but should have run away to Florence and live happily ever after...*

:eek:

what do you mean the totally predictable "dream scenarios" have all beenn done before?? :confused:

huh??

nope - this is MY idea ;)

A few people in here may want to take a deep calming breath before venturing on to the main board and see the latest deliberately provocative thread title....*face palm*

I saw the title, I saw the name of the poster. I won't even care about what the thread says.
  • Options
    daznov11daznov11 Posts: 4,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello, I just came in to say I was pleased with Being Human last night. I think they did a good job of introducing alot of new character's and I think this is going to make a great series. Highlight of this episode -
    Annie getting a job!
  • Options
    WebslarkWebslark Posts: 18,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    daz, congratulations on your results!

As others have said, good grounding for the summer :D
  • Options
    weedledeedleweedledeedle Posts: 8,669
    Forum Member
    .......but not as Marfa :(

just talking about the new Law and Order programme, which starts tonight :)

I think she must have got up a bit too early ;)

she obviously is having a "bad hair morning"! :eek: :(

poor thing *know how she feels, needs to get to the barnet shop anytime soon*

Freema Ageyman is such a nice person though :)
    such a lovely warm face....

*hopes she appears in DW5 as Marfa once again*
  • Options
    dgembadgembadgembadgemba Posts: 18,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning all

Filming today supposedly at
    Castell Coch
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning all

Castell Coch

thats the castle right? Might not get to see much if anything if the filming is inside....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thats the castle right? Might not get to see much if anything if the filming is inside....

a few colleagues are there but its indoors, assumed to be more shots for
    vampire in venice
  • Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    Morning all

Castell Coch

Also known as Osterhagen Station 1 ;) (Exterminieren! :D).

Pass through there on my way to work, shame I've got the day off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    One of them.
    vampire in venice

They're probably just using the courtyard, the rest's a bit too pokey to film in (lovely though).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also known as Osterhagen Station 1 ;) (Exterminieren! :D).

Pass through there on my way to work, shame I've got the day off.

i would pass there if i got off my backside and learned to drive. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i would pass there if i got off my backside and learned to drive. :D

Lazy :p.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gives sid a gental push
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lazy :p.

nope not lazy

HORRIFIED

The driving test is my ultimate foe :mad::mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gives sid a gental push

I'm in no position to judge, I've not set out to see any filming since Torchwood 1 and I do drive.
  • Options
    Tigger-RooTigger-Roo Posts: 10,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tumpy wrote: »

:eek: Jack has a key to the Tardis! Has he still got it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    daznov11 wrote: »
    Hello, I just came in to say I was pleased with Being Human last night. I think they did a good job of introducing alot of new character's and I think this is going to make a great series. Highlight of this episode -
    Annie getting a job!

I agree. :D All looking good.
    .......but not as Marfa :(

just talking about the new Law and Order programme, which starts tonight :)

I think she must have got up a bit too early ;)

she obviously is having a "bad hair morning"! :eek: :(

poor thing *know how she feels, needs to get to the barnet shop anytime soon*

Freema Ageyman is such a nice person though :)
    such a lovely warm face....

*hopes she appears in DW5 as Marfa once again*

Caught the tail end of that, she is a really lovely lady.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,139
    Forum Member
    Tigger-Roo wrote: »
    :eek: Jack has a key to the Tardis! Has he still got it?

He must have I suppose. Just trying to think what episode that is.
    Work today - still got half the kids missing.

Goes off to look again at vid

Looked at vid it is from Parting of the Ways I think
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,666
    Forum Member
    Argh ! Mad day ! And it's not over yet :eek:
    Morning all

Castell Coch

I like on location filming. It often looks great despite the terrific job they do for the sets on New Who. Well, obviously when I'm talking about on location filming, I'm not talking about quarries... I always have a grin on my face when I see a quarry and I think that the TARDIS must have a radar that automotically makes it land in a quarry if any is available nearby :p
    vampire in venice
    Vampire in Venice ? Oh, I wonder if they'll be haemovores, plasmavores or real vampires. And if they'll have a little straw too !

Now I'm off to create the thread for the Buffy rewatch in the Cult section. Everyone's invited for the opening party ! Tonight we're watching the pilot : series 1, episode 1, "Welcome to the Hellmouth".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tumpy wrote: »
    He must have I suppose. Just trying to think what episode that is.
    Work today - still got half the kids missing.

Goes off to look again at vid

Looked at vid it is from Parting of the Ways I think

Yes it was from the finale in series 1. Just think, he could let himself in anytime. :D

Oh dear, will it be hard working catching up after the days lost last week?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Solamenn wrote: »
    Argh ! Mad day ! And it's not over yet :eek:

I like on location filming. It often looks great despite the terrific job they do for the sets on New Who. Well, obviously when I'm talking about on location filming, I'm not talking about quarries... I always have a grin on my face when I see a quarry and I think that the TARDIS must have a radar that automotically makes it land in a quarry if any is available nearby :p

Vampire in Venice ? Oh, I wonder if they'll be haemovores, plasmavores or real vampires. And if they'll have a little straw too !

Now I'm off to create the thread for the Buffy rewatch in the Cult section. Everyone's invited for the opening party ! Tonight we're watching the pilot : series 1, episode 1, "Welcome to the Hellmouth".
    :eek: There's a vampire story in the new season? I was only saying to Mr Tiggs last night after watching Being Human, that it would be good to have a proper vampire story in New Who. I don't think the plasmavoes count. :) Exciting thought that episode.

I'm all ready to start Buffy, will see you in the Cult section, which is really weird and scary, as I've never been out of this forum. Reminds me of how scared I was when I made my first post here.
This discussion has been closed.