Options

Emmerdale - Past and Present (Part 9)

Comments

• Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They could have her try to build her livery business up again- the one that's currently being run from 2 loose boxes at butler's or winding that down and getting work in the pub for a bit then build up more friendships for her. Alternatively she could make it serious with Adam, although I can't see that happening. If it did it would connect her with the Bartons and Dingles with the potential to develop more relationships althouugh I bet that would horrify her:D

If Katie even mentioned the idea of marriage to Adam I bet he would been keen, he's a bit clingy when it comes to Katie. Total mummy's boy.
  • Options
    star89star89 Posts: 24,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mel94 wrote: »
    Is there even an original storyline that they could give her right now that she hasn't already been involved in? That's the trouble with long-term characters, they become very 'been there, done that' after a few years. Especially as Katie's already been involved in her fair share of affairs and dangerous relationship situations (e.g Greyson turning the gun on her after Purdy ran with the baby and the psycho cop guy who killed Viv and Terry.) Other than finding her a new fella to settle with, what else can they do with her?

There's loads for Katie to do.. she still has the rest of the Barton boys to sleep with :p:p:D
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :confused:

So you wouldn't like to see bare chested scenes of Cain and Pete a couple of times a week? :p

Of course! But he was talking about Katie. :D:D
  • Options
    sarah_shortsarah_short Posts: 1,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    star89 wrote: »
    There's loads for Katie to do.. she still has the rest of the Barton boys to sleep with :p:p:D

:D

Debbie does Katie's castoffs, not the other way round!:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D

Debbie does Katie's castoffs, not the other way round!:p

Took me a while to work that out. God, Andy, that was so long ago.. doesn't time fly :o:D
  • Options
    crunchie crispcrunchie crisp Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    Took me a while to work that out. God, Andy, that was so long ago.. doesn't time fly :o:D

And Robert :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And Robert :D

She never slept with Robert.

God, that was a long time ago too :o I feel old lol
  • Options
    Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    She never slept with Robert.

God, that was a long time ago too :o I feel old lol

Did she not? :o I thought it was a full blown affair. I remember the scene of her getting changed in the car with him watching her. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes I thought her and Robert got physical as well
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mel94 wrote: »
    Did she not? :o I thought it was a full blown affair. I remember the scene of her getting changed in the car with him watching her. :o
    Yes I thought her and Robert got physical as well

I'm talking about Debbie.

Has my memory totally lost it :confused::blush:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    I'm sensing a lot of vested interest in this post. >:(

:o Why I'm sure I don't know what you mean.... I'm simply trying to ensure that Katie keeps her job ^_^

Also Joddies are great :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :confused:

So you wouldn't like to see bare chested scenes of Cain and Pete a couple of times a week? :p

I don't really see how that would help improve the show :confused:

:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Justabloke wrote: »
    I don't really see how that would help improve the show :confused:

:p

You and I are not really on the same page are we? :D
  • Options
    GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Katie even mentioned the idea of marriage to Adam I bet he would been keen, he's a bit clingy when it comes to Katie. Total mummy's boy.

Katie probably doesn't want a 22 year old bairn:D
  • Options
    stellersstellers Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They could have her try to build her livery business up again- the one that's currently being run from 2 loose boxes at butler's or winding that down and getting work in the pub for a bit then build up more friendships for her. Alternatively she could make it serious with Adam, although I can't see that happening. If it did it would connect her with the Bartons and Dingles with the potential to develop more relationships althouugh I bet that would horrify her:D

Some good, simple, practical ideas there!

Katie isn't in need of another story atm, just some mundane, everyday 'filler' to keep her ticking over. The same goes for Andy, Robbie and a few others.
    They have enough people working in the pub, but there's always room for another skiver in the factory.:D

If Kate Oates doesn't really have much time for the character of Katie, or the writers have run out of ideas, or can't be bothered anymore, then it's time for Katie to go, just like many before her!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You and I are not really on the same page are we? :D

:D:D

mind you if everytime cain or pete get their tops off one of the girls got their tops as well.... just for balance you understand, I certainly wouldn't enjoy it at all... I think that would be alright.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D

mind you if everytime cain or pete get their tops off one of the girls got their tops as well.... just for balance you understand, I certainly wouldn't enjoy it at all... I think that would be alright.
    I'm all for a fair balance, so OK, the deal is that Cain, Pete and HotRoughDeclan all get their tops off minimum twice a week each.:)

And so do Betteh, Edneh and Peril. :)

Everybody's happy! I love a compromise. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm talking about Debbie.

Has my memory totally lost it :confused::blush:

Yes it is Debbie so it's easy to lose track of all her conquests.:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it is Debbie so it's easy to lose track of all her conquests.:p

I'm pretty sure she didn't sleep with Robert. I don't remember any scenes to show that she did.. but I'm happy to be proved wrong :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm all for a fair balance, so OK, the deal is that Cain, Pete and HotRoughDeclan all get their tops off minimum twice a week each.:)

And so do Betteh, Edneh and Peril. :)

Everybody's happy! I love a compromise. :cool:

Hmmm.. I might like a bit of older womanage.... you never know! :p
    but there's a limit... anyway the ages should be compareable I reckon otherwise there is no balance :p
    PS... no one wants to see gay declan with his top off :o I think you're the one crossing lines now! >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure she didn't sleep with Robert. I don't remember any scenes to show that she did.. but I'm happy to be proved wrong :)

Mel mentioned her being in a car and we saw with Pete how much Debbie likes doing it in a car by the side of a road:blush::blush::blush::p
  • Options
    Forum Member

according to Wiki, she and Robert did
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PS... no one wants to see gay declan with his top off :o I think you're the one crossing lines now! >:(

Hmm, I sense I may have to start a 'Just cuz I is gay the world hates me?' thread. This important issue never seems to get raised on DS for some reason. :confused:

PS He is NOT!!!!! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm, I sense I may have to start a 'Just cuz I is gay the world hates me?' thread. This important issue never seems to get raised on DS for some reason. :confused:

PS He is NOT!!!!! :p

:o I don't hate him BECAUSE he's gay!!!! :o

I hate him cos he's a horrible character, lacking in charisma... I don't think there's been a decent homefarmer since the Tates TBH
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mel mentioned her being in a car and we saw with Pete how much Debbie likes doing it in a car by the side of a road:blush::blush::blush::p

But, I don't remember that scene. I have a had a quick look but I can't find any scenes but old episodes aren't the easiest to find.

Robert had sex with Donna in a car but I can't find anything about him and Debbie. He was just stringing her along so he could get back at Andy by taking Sarah away from him (he planned to run away with Debbie and Sarah but Debbie wanted to leave Sarah and go with him.. causing him to admit the truth.)
    according to Wiki, she and Robert did

When I glanced through it, it just says Robert begins a relationship with Debbie to get back at Andy through Sarah.
This discussion has been closed.