Options

Emmerdale - Past and Present (Part 9)

Comments

• Options
    Melephunk2010Melephunk2010 Posts: 38,456
    Forum Member
    Mel94 wrote: »
    If Aaron does return then I'd like to see his relationship with Chas improve instead of how he always regarded her as the 'mum that never was.' He was quite protective about Carl so surely we'd see more protectiveness about what happened with Cameron? ^_^

I hope that happens too, I can see Aaron being a bit unsure of James
  • Options
    Melephunk2010Melephunk2010 Posts: 38,456
    Forum Member
    star89 wrote: »
    Poor Katie needs the rest.. she's already slept her way through the village ;-):p:D

She's the perfect woman for Adam then, he's had his fun with a few villagers too....

Scarlett
    Mia
    Ella
    Victoria
    Katie

and I can see Adam being very much a one night stand kind of guy too so there's all the girls inbetween them !

All I can say is he must have got them very drunk or they all have very low standards.... ;-)
  • Options
    sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Just imagine the scenario if James turns out to be Adam's dad & James & Chas get married and he gets together with Finn.

James will be his step dad and his father-in-law
    Adam will be his step-brother and his brother-in-law

And if Moira & Cain get married, Moira will be his Auntie

It's the Dingles all over again :o:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just imagine the scenario if James turns out to be Adam's dad & James & Chas get married and he gets together with Finn.

Amazing post! :D:D:D
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This blew my mind.
  • Options
    avaconradavaconrad Posts: 1,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

For James to be his father in law, Finn and Aaron would have to get married.
  • Options
    sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    avaconrad wrote: »
    For James to be his father in law, Finn and Aaron would have to get married.

Okay - for those who want to be pedantic

James will be his step-dad and his boyfriends dad
    Adam will be his step-brother and his boyfriends brother

Moira will be his Aunt and his boyfriends Aunt

That actually makes it look even more incestuous :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Okay - for those who want to be pedantic

James will be his step-dad and his boyfriends dad
    Adam will be his step-brother and his boyfriends brother

Moira will be his Aunt and his boyfriends Aunt

That actually makes it look even more incestuous :D

And even funnier! :D
  • Options
    kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, is that meant to be funny???

I don't care if you don't like him, but that kind of name calling is just childish. Grow up.

and considering you've already pledged to stop watching Emmerdale hundreds of times before, you will understand that I won't be holding my breath over that... ;-)

How about the fact that I may decide I can't face watching the annoying freak and will have to give up watching, and I have never said that..

Well Hardly ever anyway:D
  • Options
    kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ohhh I bet Aaron being unsure of James would terrify him in the way a bunny rabbit scares a fox.
  • Options
    stellersstellers Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, i'm sure Katie would love to be sat at home with Andy lokking after Debbie's kids, while Debbie is out and about sleeping her way around the village.:D

Lol.

To be a bit serious though.
    I can understand why there's few signs of Katie these days. She must be quite difficult to write for now that she's been moved away from Home Farm.

Though it was right to split her up from Declan and move her back into the village, taking her business out of Home Farm as well has really hurt her!
    Her Horsey business makes no sense at all now and she's longer interacting with characters at Home Farm, which is something she'd been doing for years.

With Aaron returning, it means Adam will be having more scenes away from Katie, meaning she'll be even more squeezed out of the picture.
    Unfortunately, she's been pushed into a corner with no real place to go now.
    The only thing i can think of to help her out would be to have her mum move into the village.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stellers wrote: »

I can understand why there's few signs of Katie these days. She must be quite difficult to write for now that she's been moved away from Home Farm.

Though it was right to split her up from Declan and move her back into the village, taking her business out of Home Farm as well has really hurt her!
    Her Horsey business makes no sense at all now and she's longer interacting with characters at Home Farm, which is something she'd been doing for years.

With Aaron returning, it means Adam will be having more scenes away from Katie, meaning she'll be even more squeezed out of the picture.
    The only thing i can think of to help her out would be to have her mum move into the village.

And her two long-forgotten siblings. ;-)
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol.

I have a feeling she is not wanted any longer. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

OMG! that has blown my mind.... I'm terrified at the prospect.
  • Options
    Jimmy SkitzJimmy Skitz Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RE Aaron's return could they not just announce he'd handed himself in as he wanted to come home then have him released from prison? Instead of some convoluted excuse as to how he returns scot free
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RE Aaron's return could they not just announce he'd handed himself in as he wanted to come home then have him released from prison? Instead of some convoluted excuse as to how he returns scot free

I bet the writers will forget the past as they so often do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bornfree wrote: »
    I have a feeling she is not wanted any longer. :(

I'm not so sure it's as simple as that!
    I think it's been more a case of a natural chain of events over the years that's led her current situation. It's just that much more difficult to keep thinking of new stories for a character with no family around. Every character in the village who's been around for a long time has family ties, everyone except Katie.
    The easy way to 'save her' would be for her to get back with Andy and have them stay together, but that would be a bit of a dead end for both of them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's been more a case of a natural chain of events over the years that's led her current situation. It's just that much more difficult to keep thinking of new stories for a character with no family around. Every character in the village who's been around for a long time has family ties, everyone except Katie.
    The easy way to 'save her' would be for her to get back with Andy and have them stay together, but that would be a bit of a dead end for both of them.

I think they could make a case for just having her waft around looking lovely, she could have the occassional bit of dialogue but mainly just wafting fragrently around the village is all thats needs...

Also, we could see her in her joddies a *lot* more I doubt anyone would complain about that
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Justabloke wrote: »
    I think they could make a case for just having her waft around looking lovely, she could have the occassional bit of dialogue but mainly just wafting fragrently around the village is all thats needs...

Also, we could see her in her joddies a *lot* more I doubt anyone would complain about that

I certainly wouldn't complain about lots of scenes of her just wafting round the village in her joddies:D

I think i'll change ny name to justanotherbloke.:D
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Justabloke wrote: »

I'm sensing a lot of vested interest in this post. >:(
  • Options
    Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member

... Headaches :o:D
  • Options
    sarah_shortsarah_short Posts: 1,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    I'm sensing a lot of vested interest in this post. >:(

:confused:

So you wouldn't like to see bare chested scenes of Cain and Pete a couple of times a week? :p
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I can't even get my head round that :o:confused::D:D
  • Options
    Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member

Is there even an original storyline that they could give her right now that she hasn't already been involved in? That's the trouble with long-term characters, they become very 'been there, done that' after a few years. Especially as Katie's already been involved in her fair share of affairs and dangerous relationship situations (e.g Greyson turning the gun on her after Purdy ran with the baby and the psycho cop guy who killed Viv and Terry.) Other than finding her a new fella to settle with, what else can they do with her?
  • Options
    GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mel94 wrote: »
    Is there even an original storyline that they could give her right now that she hasn't already been involved in? That's the trouble with long-term characters, they become very 'been there, done that' after a few years. Especially as Katie's already been involved in her fair share of affairs and dangerous relationship situations (e.g Greyson turning the gun on her after Purdy ran with the baby and the psycho cop guy who killed Viv and Terry.) Other than finding her a new fella to settle with, what else can they do with her?

They could have her try to build her livery business up again- the one that's currently being run from 2 loose boxes at butler's or winding that down and getting work in the pub for a bit then build up more friendships for her. Alternatively she could make it serious with Adam, although I can't see that happening. If it did it would connect her with the Bartons and Dingles with the potential to develop more relationships althouugh I bet that would horrify her:D
This discussion has been closed.