Options

Broadchurch - ITV Drama Series (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    Dont understand why the vicar isn't on the promo shot, i feel hes been a much more prominent character then Becca, and shes on there.
  • Options
    ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dont understand why the vicar isn't on the promo shot, i feel hes been a much more prominent character then Becca, and shes on there.

Me neither - unless he's the outline you see in the tent ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    can someone please tell me which episode is it where they find the cctv of danny on the skateboard
  • Options
    Forum Member
    can someone please tell me which episode is it where they find the cctv of danny on the skateboard

I believe it was the end of epi 1
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't wait :D
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,553
    Forum Member
    Susan cares about her dog Vince. So I thought she was getting him out of harms way from Nige. I don't think she is done with Broadchurch yet.

Giving Tom the board baffles me as well. Tom told her he was friends with Danny and his mum was a police detective on the case. Is this what prompted her to give him the board - knowing it would get back to the police. She must have known they would come for her. It's not as if she is stupid - like Nige.

None of it is making sense to me anymore :( I will be in a straight suit come 9.45 :D
  • Options
    MRSgotobedMRSgotobed Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really looking forward to tonight's Broadchurch. I have loved that it has been over 8 weeks and think it has been a brilliant drama. I have found parts of it really emotional, the scan last week, the week before that, while the Latimer's were in the arcade, trying to recapture some family normality got me.I even love the haunting theme tune at the end.
    I want to know if I am right about who did it, but I don't want it to end.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Who killed Danny Latimer?
  • Options
    JOHNORJOHNOR Posts: 3,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Part of me is so sad, whilst the other is so excited! What will i do on monday evenings now?!

I won't be able to watch it until 10pm, so will be avoiding all texts, facebook, twitter, DS etc... I would go ballistic if it got spolit for me.

I have no idea who it was, everyone seems too obvious now, but i have really enjoyed every second of this series, getting to know the characters etc.. I just hope they give it the strong ending it deserves.

The acting... There are no words. Just WOW.
  • Options
    hallchallc Posts: 200,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going for the vicar.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    hallc wrote: »
    I'm going for the vicar.....

Hope so, I will win £50 if it is :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 249
    Forum Member
    I'm guessing...

....the grandmother!!!

But also guessing that Tom thinks he did it as he had a fight with Danny that evening.....

....and that someone else found the body ie Nige, and lay it on the beach.
  • Options
    Joe40Joe40 Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to prove you can't trust people called Joe :o he's odds-on...

http://sports.coral.co.uk/tv-specials/uk/broadchurch/broadchurch-621513.html
  • Options
    J05hJ05h Posts: 1,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the producer has told viewers watch to the very end meaning does the killer think they did when actually someone else finished the job

or is there another murder in closing credits which paves the way for the second series of the drama.
  • Options
    sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it may be Vince because I don't believe he was watching tv with Susan. :confused:
  • Options
    AmethyztAmethyzt Posts: 4,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am having a final roll of the dice and putting it in spoilers because some of my theory is based on the spoilers I've read this morning
    I think Tom has killed Danny, Joe has helped cover it up. Alec has found something on Toms emails and he brings Tom in for questioning, with Joe sitting in as the parent.I think the evidence is circumstancial and Alec doesnt have the definite proof, so Tom is allowed to go home on bail ? Back at home Ellie discovers the mobile phone ? or a piece of clothing, whatever the crucial piece of evidence is that would prove Toms guilt. She confronts Tom and Joe and they confess. Ellie then tells Joe to run away with Tom. After they go, she torches the house, goes to the police station and leaves the mobile for Alec, so that he will be able to solve the murder - so this time there will be no Sandbrook ending. She then carries on to the cliffs and drives her car off the cliff and dies. She is the second death as per Jude the Obscure. Also this fits in with her line to Susan, I would do anything to protect my son
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Will Hardy be assembling all the suspects in the drawing room of the hotel, as in Poirot?
  • Options
    boozysuzieboozysuzie Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    MissSylvia wrote: »
    Another Promo just gone up
    blood on someones hands....but whose hands?

http://i34.tinypic.com/2cs7620.jpg
    Omg they look like a childs hand def not an adults I just dont want it to be either Tom or Chloe
  • Options
    ddmatt05ddmatt05 Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    Sorry if this has been discussed and again dismissed but just going over ep4 and the picture that Maggie got Susan's alias of Elaine Jones from clearly shows Jack and Danny in it.

Did Danny put 2 + 2 together, finding out her past leading her to her sons true identity. Sorry if been explained away before.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MissSylvia wrote: »
    And another :O:O

http://i34.tinypic.com/8yf0g0.jpg
    Whose house is that?

This is going to be epic
    it looks like ellies hers has a bay window and lots of shrubs
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Amethyzt wrote: »
    Am having a final roll of the dice and putting it in spoilers because some of my theory is based on the spoilers I've read this morning
    I think Tom has killed Danny, Joe has helped cover it up. Alec has found something on Toms emails and he brings Tom in for questioning, with Joe sitting in as the parent.I think the evidence is circumstancial and Alec doesnt have the definite proof, so Tom is allowed to go home on bail ? Back at home Ellie discovers the mobile phone ? or a piece of clothing, whatever the crucial piece of evidence is that would prove Toms guilt. She confronts Tom and Joe and they confess. Ellie then tells Joe to run away with Tom. After they go, she torches the house, goes to the police station and leaves the mobile for Alec, so that he will be able to solve the murder - so this time there will be no Sandbrook ending. She then carries on to the cliffs and drives her car off the cliff and dies. She is the second death as per Jude the Obscure. Also this fits in with her line to Susan, I would do anything to protect my son

That's not half bad. But
    it assumes that Joe pretended to strangle Danny after death (to help protect Tom) and I'm not sure this sounds feasible. How did Danny then really die and why was it not picked up on? If he was strangled by Tom, would anyone really have been able to tell from the body that a child was the killer? And why would Tom have brought back the skateboard from Susan's? It COULD be the case that Ellie burns down the house and/or drives off the cliff, but neither of these things definitively mean that Tom will be revealed to be the killer. Both could still be true if Joe is the killer. Joe could also burn down the house of course (with or without Tom inside).
  • Options
    SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,708
    Forum Member
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    So going by that photo link it's one of them 5 :confused: or is that to mis-lead us?

I really don't know, it's just something that I've observed.
    Odd that in versions of the beach shot, none of them feature Paul. Some of them have removed Maggie, Olly and Becca as well :confused: Maybe it was simply a timing thing, but I do find it odd that body positionings are consistent except for Mark. It's the group that you'd expect to be physically closest at such an emotional time, no?

When I mention those five people you can connect Mark, Susan and Becca in a chain using the beach hut, the plumbing, the affair and the problems with Mark's alibi.
    You can also add in Chloé using the drugs - does the Arcade feature in that link too? where Susan approached Tom?

So many questions.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some thoughts on the skateboard.

Danny was killed at the hut. His skateboard was left at the hut - the killer(or the person who helped) missed it. Susan cleans the hut the next day and finds it. Takes it home. She finds out it's Danny's but is scared of the cops because of her previous troubles, so doesn't take it in. Tom tells her about being Danny's friend etc so she gives it to him knowing he will give it to his mum.

This explains her comment to Ellie about not wanting to get involved. She didn't know the skateboard was Danny's when she took it. But she has changed her mind as she thinks Nige is the killer and the case is going cold.

I'm not sure if this fits into the timeline etc so please feel free to shoot me down in flames.:D:D
  • Options
    fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Addisonian wrote: »
    I read that...
    apparantly we "haven't seen the last of Susan Wright"

Not sure what to make of that though.
    she is listed as being in it tonight, she is my choice for the murder.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I really don't think it is any of the main characters. If I was to give a def suggestion I think it is Trevor or one of the other sub characters as said by the writer it isn't a typical whodunit.

I also think Danny may have tried to kill himself but this has been disputed by many forum members but I still think it is a possibility even with the strangulation.

We will all find out tonight but wouldn't it be funny if none of out theories are correct :D