Options

Humax PVR fails to record Coronation Street

2»

Comments

• Options
    N.DeanN.Dean Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One recording in several months sounds to me like a crid screw up by the broadcaster. It's not unknown for them to be incorrectly specified. After ITV1-HD was launched there was a spate of failed recordings down to the broadcaster changing the event id's after the reservation was set. I have also seen series crid's changed mid series.

Channel 5 are incapable of getting them right, try setting a series recording for the lunchtime editions of Home & Away and Neighbours. Because of the way the CH5 code the two crids it switches to recording the next episodes on 5* in the early evening (on pair of recordings I use a manual weekday repeat). As I said before ITV (now) and BBC are generally very reliable.

Thanks for that, but would that explain why it recorded on a Panasonic but not on a Humax, both connected to the same aerial?
  • Options
    grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    N.Dean wrote: »
    Thanks for that, but would that explain why it recorded on a Panasonic but not on a Humax, both connected to the same aerial?

Because the firmware on some makers units treats the event id's differently. This doesn't make the Humax firmware wrong as the Freeview/Freesat + spec calls for a fixed event ID.

Some pvrs don't have problems with multi transmitter reception either.

No pvr will work if the crid codes are incorrectly specified.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks.
  • Options
    creddishcreddish Posts: 5,285
    Forum Member
    One recording in several months sounds to me like a crid screw up by the broadcaster. It's not unknown for them to be incorrectly specified. After ITV1-HD was launched there was a spate of failed recordings down to the broadcaster changing the event id's after the reservation was set. I have also seen series crid's changed mid series.
    I get about one random recording failure per month one or the other of my two Humax 9200 PVRs on Coronation Street or one of the other ITV1 evening soaps. I also have two other manufactures PVRs connected to the same signal and on these occasions all the other PVRs recorded the subject programme correctly. Only when there has been an issue with the broadcasters data have I experienced failures on more than one PVRs on the same event. Random failures occur on the other PVRs I have which has also been the case on all previous PVRs I have used for any length of time. It's just one of those things that happen. I have also experienced complete loss of the Series Record setting on my Humax and other PVRs. These random failures are one of the reasons I back up all important programmes on more than one PVR.

I don't receive signals from more than one transmitter.

Colin
  • Options
    GlomperGlomper Posts: 3,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glomper wrote: »
    Simple ... the Humax didn't pick up on the series record function, probably !

For something like Corrie, especially when on a non standard evening, the best thing is to set a single recording for that date.

And check the EPG on the day.
    Glomper wrote: »
    I have 5 PVR's, occasionally 2 of them will not pick up series links when changed, nor programme times when changed.

So my experience is as above.
    creddish wrote: »
    I get about one random recording failure per month one or the other of my two Humax 9200 PVRs on Coronation Street or one of the other ITV1 evening soaps. I also have two other manufactures PVRs connected to the same signal and on these occasions all the other PVRs recorded the subject programme correctly. Only when there has been an issue with the broadcasters data have I experienced failures on more than one PVRs on the same event. Random failures occur on the other PVRs I have which has also been the case on all previous PVRs I have used for any length of time. It's just one of those things that happen. I have also experienced complete loss of the Series Record setting on my Humax and other PVRs. These random failures are one of the reasons I back up all important programmes on more than one PVR.

I don't receive signals from more than one transmitter.

Colin

My experience is very much the same as yourself, with several PVR's.

Like you, I back up all important programmes on more than one PVR.

And of course the various online catch-ups.

Nice to see the OP's problem is tending towards my suggestion, despite other nay sayers !

And their coming round to my way of thinking, albeit in a grudgingly sort of way.

The clue being in the OPs initial post...

That's all from me .... unsubscribed now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    A question for OP ... were the Humax & Panasonic PVRs all recording from the same channel? (eg all ITV1 SD or all ITV1 HD).

Reason for raising this is that I had a failed recording last night and discovered today that the HD signal has disappeared (SD channels were fine).

My HDR-FOX T2 was set to record the footie on BBC1 SD and a program on Ch4 HD from 20.30 to 22.00. It was showing as recording the Ch4 prog on the list and EPG, but when I pressed stop to see the status it showed no info for it. For the footie it correctly showed BBC 1 19.00 to 22.00 but for the Ch4 HD it showed 1.00 to 1.00. When I checked it later it had only managed to record the last 6 mins of the program.

Investigating further this morning, I found that all of the HD channels were showing no signal. I did a re-scan just to make sure and the HD channels weren't found.

My conclusion is that the HD channels were on the blink last night and have completely died this morning.

Have reported it as a fault on the BBC transmitter pages. This is from the Wrekin transmitter, so if anyone else has had a similar issue, it would be good to hear to confirm it isn't my Humax box on the blink.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    priorslee wrote: »
    A question for OP ... were the Humax & Panasonic PVRs all recording from the same channel? (eg all ITV1 SD or all ITV1 HD).

Reason for raising this is that I had a failed recording last night and discovered today that the HD signal has disappeared (SD channels were fine).

My HDR-FOX T2 was set to record the footie on BBC1 SD and a program on Ch4 HD from 20.30 to 22.00. It was showing as recording the Ch4 prog on the list and EPG, but when I pressed stop to see the status it showed no info for it. For the footie it correctly showed BBC 1 19.00 to 22.00 but for the Ch4 HD it showed 1.00 to 1.00. When I checked it later it had only managed to record the last 6 mins of the program.

Investigating further this morning, I found that all of the HD channels were showing no signal. I did a re-scan just to make sure and the HD channels weren't found.

My conclusion is that the HD channels were on the blink last night and have completely died this morning.

Have reported it as a fault on the BBC transmitter pages. This is from the Wrekin transmitter, so if anyone else has had a similar issue, it would be good to hear to confirm it isn't my Humax box on the blink.

Good point. I hadn't thought of that. The Panasonic was recording from ITV1 HD. So, the problem is likely to be an error with the ITV1 SD transmission.
    Thanks for they suggestion.
  • Options
    Luis EssexLuis Essex Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I generally have a quick look at the recording schedule most days to check that series reservations have updated to the next event OK.

With the holey epg on the Humax 9200T/9150T/9300T how is that going?